Let's talk about the Red Bull

It is not for less to despise AoE1 (a great game), but come on, AoE3 has twice the number of players, what happened?

32 Likes

yes thats unfair, i don’t understand lol

15 Likes

Why is there Age of Empires 1 Definitive Edition, it’s a death game, no game updates, and no players are playing on Steam. There are less than 1,000 people on Steam every day, and Age of Empires 3 Definitive Edition is three times as many. I don’t understand very much. and very angry

14 Likes

They are not ready for muskets and rifles yet. They want bow pike swords.

3 Likes

And when a new DLC is literally days ahead…genius marketing strategy.

15 Likes

Maybe the big DLC was a consolation prize.

“Oh we won’t be in RedBull wololo so here, play with some new toys while your siblings go to the tournaments.”

I don’t know why, but it hurts…

1 Like

I don’t care about competitive play but it is a good way to promote the game nevermind KotM.

Pathetic. Such disrespect.

And people wonder why AoE3 fans are so defensive over the game.

16 Likes

I mean the issue is… this is actually hurting the game.

People will say… “They actually didn’t want AoE3 in there. It’s that bad.”

16 Likes

Maybe a few years later people’s explanation for “why support stopped for AOE3 DE” would be “DLCs didn’t do so well”. Now you ask me why the DLCs didn’t do so well.

Just like how they patched TAD once and forgot about it, and years later people say “AOE3 did not got much support so it was forgotten so there is no need to give it further support”.
Now, why Reiner? Why was there no support for AOE3? Why did the DLC not do well?

8 Likes

Reading between the lines that is exactly how reads.

The only solace I get from this is the support for AoE3DE has been stellar. Then again you can state it is all the more reason why it should be in the tournament.

3 Likes

What kind of support is this from Microsoft? (I don’t mean the devs)

Releasing a cool DLC in a week and just a week before you leave the game out of an event that includes all other titles in the franchise? What message are you getting across?

3 Likes

I’m encouraged to bring the issue closer to the aoe2 community, to see how they react and if they can support us, by the way, let’s try to take the situation calmly and avoid underestimating the other games in the saga

13 Likes

yeah it makes no sense at all

Don’t be surprised at the response you’ll get :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Yes, don’t worry, I know what the relationship is like, hopefully one day it can improve.

EDIT: If anyone wishes, they can make a similar topic in the AoE4 section. I’m embarrassed to do the same topic in different sections.

2 Likes

Well… you can try.

But you’ll surely get a lot of rude responses. There are many there who just don’t like AoE3 and are happy this happened.

1 Like

Really makes me think Microsoft only invested in a 3DE because it had to as it would be weird to skip over the last installment in the mainline series.

I’m actually quite angry about this the more I think about it. I’ve defended this game for 17 years and the disrespect still continues despite the devs efforts. The devs deserve better just as much as us fans.

Putting on my tinfoil hat it’s almost like there’s an agenda to keep the game in the background. An afterthought.

5 Likes

They’ve done this before, with the HDs or extended editions or whatever you call it. Why would you be surprised?
Getting a DE at all would already be a grace from god.

I think AOE1 is included as a celebration for their 25th anniversary and that’s why AOE3 was exlcuded. But at least their is a big dlc coming our way.

I would really like the person or team that made this decision to come here and explain to us why age 3 is not on the event and age 1, the game they have abandoned themselves for years without any update and has the less number of players and viewers of all, is chosen.

Is such a disrespect. This game is one of the best and even if the others have more players, it sure beats 1 in almost every metric possible.

Having the dlc come out in a week was a high point for us players, and now this news just hurts and kills a little the hype, even if the new dlc have nothing to do with the competition.

Imagine the new and old players that would see this game, the new mechanics and, even if you ban the new civs for balance, the new maps, natives and all the content the devs have given us all these months.

I really can’t understand how 1 gets the spot that should be 3’s. Really sad news.

16 Likes