Lets talk about upcomming Revolutions for the DLC

This thread is simple, we will discuss possible new revolutions including some more detailed discussion like what makes them unique.

Norway (Danes and Swedes)

I doubt Norway needs an introduction, rich country today and historically a Danish state and later a Swedish personal-union. For the sake of simplicity i will include some of my Norway related cards from my Danish design, because why not?

Norway is a fishing and infantry focused revolution, Upon revolting to Norway all your current settlers are transformed into guard “musketeers equivalents”, so from Sweden it would be Caroleans as an example. All infantry is set to guard rating.

unique cards:

Engelbrektsson rebellion: Sends 3 priests, All Priest have their health significantly improved and now buff nearby allied units dmg output.

in the 1520s protestantism started to get a foothold in scandinavia, the Danish king Frederik the 1st and his son Christian the 3rd where supportive of the protestant cause. In an attempt to stop the spread of the reformation to Norway the Norwegian archbishop and member of the royal council Olav Engelbrektsson rebelled in the hopes of placing a catholic monarch on the Norwegian throne.

Eidsvoll constitution: enable you to produce villagers, boost villager production rate by 50%

in 1814 as the Napoleonic war was closing it became apparent that Denmark-Norway would be dissolved and Norway given to Sweden as compensation for Finland. The Norwegians however had no desire of becoming Swedish subjects, they declared the Danish crown prince their king and formed a liberal constitutional monarchy and took up arms against Sweden

Norwegian wood: enable a trickle of 4 wood a second.

Norwegian fishing: Fishing boats -20 wood and boost income from fishing boats by 30%

Norwegian explorers: your explorer now has improved LOS and greater stats.

Sandsvær silver mines: improves gather rate and yield from mines by +30%

North Atlantic whaling: Whales now also grant a small amount of food.

Tyttebærkrigen: skirmishers can now gather from berry bushes at half the usual speed.

Livonia (Danes, Swedes, Poles, Russians and Germans)

Livonia is an economic and melee infantry revolution, built around cards that relate to the cities of the Baltic states. When revolting to Livonia you gain a +20% boost to melee infantry.

unique cards

Livonian order: Enables recruitment of Guard Hospitallers, enable imperial upgrade for the unit.

before the Russian invasion of the Baltic and subsequent intervention by Denmark, Poland and Sweden the Livonian order ruled much of what is now modern Estonia and Latvia. The Livonian order was a lose confederation of knightly and clerical states ruled by a German elite.

Curonian colonisation: Military ships are cheaper and makes any trade-post upgrade free.

famously this was the closest the PLC came to colonisation, the vassal of courland tried its hand at colonizing parts of the Caribbean but the efforts eventually failed.

Tallinn: Sends a fort wagon and forts are now 20% stronger.

Tallinn is named such after the castle the danes built there after the battle of Lyndanisse in 1219 as part of the northern crusades

Riga: Gain a trickle of 3.5 gold a second for the rest of the game.

Arensburg: Destroyed ships return a part of their woodcost.

Other suggestions are welcomed, more revolutions to come.

11 Likes

Lets talk about upcomming Revolutions for the DLC
But we don’t know any of them, nor devs are out there creating polls for what should be included.

Of course we can talk, or we can just wait a bit for the official announcement and then talk about what’s actually going to be in the game, and not write speculations in vain. It’s very unlikely things like that aren’t designed (at least) on a conceptual level.

you wont hear anything for many more months, its fun speculating and theorising.

besides you never know, they might take some of the ideas.

11 Likes

Exactly. I think now is the best time to make proposals, since there is still enough time for devs to implement them/get inspirations from them

5 Likes

perfect!I think Devs will definitely add more European country revolutions that will only appear after the official release of DLC :grin:

I started a thread some days ago:

1 Like

These things should have been talked about in the last official presentation. We would not be speculating if they had given us more information than 2 simple flags of which they did not even say their names.

Very cool to see Livonia represented! I think there should be a card Baltic Amber which either allows fishing boats to gather coin while fishing, or which ships an “Amber Mine” wagon, where the amber mine can only be built on the shoreline (like a dock).

4 Likes

Me gustaría que agregaran granjas de esturiones, son construidas en las orillas por los pesqueros cuando se termina toda la pesca del mapa. El caviar de esturión era muy codiciado en Rusia, 4 rublos llegaba a costar tan solo una canasta, en ese tiempo la construcción de una iglesia ortodoxa con cúpulas doradas costaba 80 rublos. El esturión es un pez que también se come, con esto podemos deducir que de su pesca obtenemos alimento y un porcentaje de la recogida en oro.

1 Like

However, it should not be limited to just the shores of the sea. What concepts could work as treasures, mines, infinite resources, or captureable objectives on the map? - #37 by OperaticShip743

I mean, as a general rule it is found on beaches, but there could be exceptions.

These are great ideas for Norway and Livonia.

For existing revolutions, Haiti and Romania would be good choices for Poland.

Ukraine would be the best option for Poland and could also be available to Russia and Germany. It should have access to Tabor (War Wagons) and Cossacks. I believe a Hetman unit was also listed in the leaked Poland revolution so it could be used here.

Some more exotic options could be Liberia for Denmark, Poland, and several other civs (Danish and Curonian colonies in West Africa) and Siberia for Poland and Russia (Jaxa and Pugachev’s Rebellion). Although Siberia could be combined together with Ukraine as a Cossack rebellion and referenced with a card.

2 Likes

For more player base, Poland (and Germany) need to push east and explicitly link to Eastern European countries.
INCLUDING of the major ethnic groups of Ukraine. This would make Ukaine wildly popular. I don’t think many people would be happy playing Ukraine as a Russian Revolution. The Cossacks, afterall, were Ukrainian frontiersmen for hundreds of years.

This is going to be a very weird suggestion but Gotland (Danes and Swedes)

In 1439 king Erik of the Kalmar union was deposed by the Danish and Swedish nobility, after which he moved to the Island of Gotland to become a “pirate king”

The revolution focuses on ships and pirate units. Upon revolting your barracks enables the recruitment of Pirates and all your current villagers are turned into Pirates.

Unique cards

Gottish piracy: upon destroying enemy ships you earn coin equal to 30% of the enemy ships total cost.

Visby town: Markets produce 0.5 coin a second and docks 0.5 wood

Walls of Visby: all walls are now cheaper and stronger.

King of the pirates: your explorer can now train pirates and corsairs.

Hanseatic connections: Enables the recruitment of Landsknecht from barracks and enables from the town center the recruitment of a maximum of 5 settler wagons.

on a side note

i do actually wanna have a Ukrainian revolution, however:

1. i don’t feel like i know enough about Ukraine’s history, and with recent history in mind that would be necessary i feel.

2. the ideas i do have relates to my ideas for the polish faction, and thus kinda requires one to have read that to understand the structure i am going for.

I would absolutely love to see someone else come up with an idea for a Ukrainian revolution, doesn’t have to be a lot just what happens when you revolt and a few select unique card.

2 Likes

Ok,I think ideas Poland and Russian’s revolution card for Age2 Zaporizhian Cossacks rebellion,Just like the Revolution French, the unique combination of units and cards is created with diversity in Devs (Ruthenians or Zaporizhian Cossacks)

Home City

• Kyiv

Units

Town center

• Countrymen - Cossack unique Revolutionary Concurrently serving as a militia

Barracks

• Cossack Pikemen
  • Cossack Archer - rapid-firing archer that fires flaming arrows
  • Zaporozian Musketeer - Cossack unique Musketeer infantry
  • Serdiuk - ranged infantry

Stable

• Sich Cossack - very fast cavalry unit with saber and flintlock pistol
  • Register Cossack - cavalry with a lance
  • Cavalry Archer

Artillery Foundry

• Falconet
  • Mortar
  • Petard
  • Tabor - a horse-drawn cart armed with small caliber artillery that throws grenades. It covers the units behind it.

Unique Features

1. Hetman is a unkillable hero unit is of Revolution Hero and commander(cavalry unit, can train a Ukrainian unique cavalry units and also can build an Outpost, Stable and Sich)
  2. Chaika is a unique Ukrainian boat that replaces the standard Fishing Boats. It is cheap, quick to train and fast. It can transport units and catch fish. When transporting units, it deals ranged attacks.
  3. During each Card deck, they receive a random Wagon: Stable Wagon, Barracks Wagon or Outpost Wagon.
  4. Sich is a unique Ukrainian Fort. Heals units in its vicinity, and military buildings in its vicinity work a bit faster. It is cheap, but unfortunately has less HP than the standard Fort. Settlers can build it.
3 Likes

During almost most of the Tsarist Russia period, the Ukrainian region was inhabited by Cossacks, but the Cossacks themselves were not entirely related to Ukraine. During this period, almost all the resistance movements in Ukraine were led by Cossack uprisings. The modern concept of Ukrainian ethnicity was not very clear before the collapse of Tsarist Russia (although there were a few Ukrainian nationalists, it had no influence during this period). The core period of its ethnic concept was the promotion and popularization of Soviet ethnic division policies (in a sense, the ethnic division policies of the Soviet era were more important for the formation of Ukrainian ethnic concepts). Therefore, the revolution during this period and modern Ukraine were less related, and more often associated with the Cossack uprising

1 Like

I know where you got it xDDD

Hetman will most likely be a Hero unit for PLC civ (this is confirmed by a “note” about a potential Polish revolution hidden in the game files), so Hetman may remain during the Ukrainian revolution (after all, the Cossack state was called the Hetmanate) - the model of the unit does not even have to change because the Crown Hetmans (Poland), Lithuanian Hetmans and Registered Cossack Hetmans dressed practically the same.

3 Likes