Magyar buff ideas

Let me explain then:

Magyars are a Cav + (Cav) Archer civ.

Forging is the least important blacksmith upgrade for Cav whilst Archer armour is the least important blacksmith upgrade for (Cav) Archers, that’s why it might fit.

Thumbring & Husbandry are upgrades for the units which are used by Magyars, of course you buff units that are already being buffed. What else would you do? Buff Magyar champs & skirms?

because spanish is not meso american. while magyar could be close enough to that region to have steppe lancer. why not give it steppe lancer and see how it goes

1 Like

Lol, Magyars have more connection with Steppes than Spanish with Eagles 11

2 Likes

To be fair, adding the Steppe Lancer wouldn’t do anything for them. People just play them a bit one sided because they see the bonus and think: wow I will go cav only. Don’t forget they have FU Arbalest, excellent CA, Paladin and okay infantry. They have really good options with arguably one of the best late game options.
If they need a buff at all (which I don’t thinke they need) it should be a minor one.

1 Like

Archer armour still >>> melee attack because it saves you against any attack while melee attack just helps when you are close enough. I think there is a reason we didnt give that bonus already to a civ and if then it needs to be designed around.

I think Magyars dont need any military civilization bonus anymore. They are fine as they are in that department. Also having a direct eco bonus would make their identity super different.

Why not enhance their Wolf bonus to see them on the minimap already which helps scouting opponent and also opponent movement as well as avoiding wolf attacks. In addition you could enhance corvinian army and make it -10 gold not only on Magyar huszar but also some other units like rams.

And I never stated that. May I introduce to the rhetorical element of a hyberbole. Magyars also dont have not much to do with Tatars or Cumans, which have turkic roots while Magyars are uralic… There is no reason of giving them Steppe lancers, it would totally waste all civs involved as would do giving spanish eagles just because they may have captured some chicken suits in their conquests.

2 Likes

Cumans lived in Hungary.

In the scenario, Hongfoglalas, it is shown they were Nomadic, just like Cumans, Huns, Mongols. You know what’s common between them? Steppe Lancers (except for Huns), Light Cavalry + Cavalry Archers. Though with Huns, Cumans and Magyars, even Paladins + Cavalry Archers is possible. They surely can have Steppe Lancers, I feel.

1 Like

Yes, to be honest, I posted one general balance patch ideas twice, both times mentioned Turks, and both times missed Magyars.

We can follow an analogy like the Scout line.

Hussar - 75 HP - 7 attack
Elite Steppe Lancer - 80 HP - 11 attack (extra attack since they cost gold which is important in Imperial Age)

Light Cavalry - 60 HP - 7 attack
Steppe Lancer - 60 HP - 9 attack

Scout Cavalry - 45 HP - 5 attack
Lanced Scout (name whatever you want) - 50 HP - 6 attack (maybe)

1 Like

Spanish lived in America.

Are you joking?

Spanish didn’t have Eagle Warriors while Magyars used Lances and had Light Cavalry like other nomad people

2 Likes

I don’t think either civ should have either eagle / steppe lancer but you could make the argument that the Spanish had local allies, e.g. the Tlaxcala, and could have access to the unit based off of that

1 Like

Yeah guys i dont why yall trying to add SL… It won’t improve their standing, they already have two light cav options thanks to the huszars.

And on top of all that their historical link is arguable. If you dish them out you literally lose identity to make vanilla soup.

I still agree the most with this… Not a huge buff and quickly loses impact so it doesn’t affect their already strong compositions in late castle and imperial…

i actually liked the predator bonus. maybe instead of that turn predator control rofl. that sure is an early game buff.

Another idea: make the antiwolf bonus affects also the initial enemy scouts (only vs the scout with the autoscouting option).

So, enemy may lose their scout if he scout too much. And enemy rushes would be less effective withaout the starting scout

Yeah, i was wrong.
These ideas are very cool. The chemistry in castle age will solve partially the issue of not having ESkirm and additionally could make turks a viable option in water/hybrid maps. Also i would add Onager upgrade in Imp, they still will have bad onagers cause of not having Siege engineers.
Elite jannisaries are screaming for a buff, they are a really bad unit, one of the worst cost effective unit.
They are only cost effective against a very narrow range of units.

This video won’t let me lie, just skip to the final. No body can argue that there is no micromanagement, you almost never micro gunpowder units.

I don’t know what is in all 75 replies but I think you made OP a civ by adding civ bonuses from other civs. I played Magyars a lot and I think it’s balanced and nice civ. But their problem is in Imp Berbers has cheaper Hussars than Magyars which makes no sense. You can just buff that Hussar bonus. Please do not forget civs tech trees. Like Turks has +20 Hp in Castle age right but they lack trash unit so need to have a unit has more hp and heal it. Steppe Lancers odd I think because Magyars aren’t nomadic, Steppe Lancers fits for nomads. And every civ doesn’t has early eco bonus so it’s normal.

1 Like

But all the good civs do. And Imperial age doesn’t appear to matter much in the current meta

1 Like

Spanish also had lances.

Ofc there is micro with gunpowder units. You will try to find a narrow spot or focus fire with at least few of your units. I love how this tests shows as best non other but perhaps the least use (for good reason) UUs elephant archers and balista elephants.

If there are 15 hussars in front this test could actually mean something.

1 Like