Mangonel standing still can survive a direct shot from enemy Mangonel

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44834.0 6148570
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Since the january patch, A mangonel that usually dies in 1 shot to an enemy Mangonel, can now, survive a direct shot, with a couple of HP remaining. The trick is that the mangonel only survives the shot if its standing still. Also, if “attack ground” is used, the mangonel cannot survive even if standing still.
I apologize if opening duplicate thread, but I wasn’t able to find a previous one (if it exists)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open scenario editor, place 3 mangonels for player blue, 3 mangonels for red
  2. Test scenario (launch it)
  3. Set the 3 blue mangonels to “No Attack” stance
  4. Use CTRL-Shift-F2 to switch control to player red ( player 2 )
  5. use one red Mangonel to shoot a blue Mangonel, notice how the blue mangonel survives with a few HP remaining

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The mangonel should die from 1 mangonel shot, because of all the bonus dmg involved, as well as the extra rocks.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Video by Age of Noob showcasing the bug

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

This recorded game directly follows the reproduction steps I noted above. And in the recorded game you can see how each of the 3 blue mangonels survive with a few HP remaining.

mangonel survives a hit.aoe2record (202.6 KB)

3 Likes

These two topics might be related (the Turtle ship thread also mentions the mangonel bugs). It looks like a fix is in the works.