Map/camera pan stuttering

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 101.101.41855.0 5694529
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

There seems to be a “stuttering” that occurs when panning around the map. The interval at which it occurs seems to be intermittent/random but it occurs frequently. This has been an issue since the game released, however, it seems to have improved to at least some degree (though not entirely resolved).

At some point there was another problem in which screen tearing seemed to be occurring with g-sync enabled (and v-sync disabled in-game, as is standard for g-sync), however, this seems to have been fixed. I’m wondering if this stuttering could be in relationship to g-sync in some way or if it’s unrelated.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the game
  2. Get into a match (I typically just go into the “learn to play” to test b/c it’s fast
  3. Pan around the map
  4. To really see the issue; record with a high-speed camera while panning (such as with a modern smartphone with such capability, as demonstrating in the video linked below)

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

(no game files since this was done in the “learn to play” mode)

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

Notice the stutter which occurs near the 11 seconds mark, and also just before the 20 seconds mark. The stuttering may be occurring more than this (in this clip), though those are the two most egregious examples I could find in this particular clip.

Also, I have attached my DxDiag.txt in case my system information is required:

DxDiag.txt (94.8 KB)

Hey i just got the same problem. I swaped my monitor from 1080p 60hz to 1440p 165hz and this started happening… now its unplayable…
Have i5 9400F, 32GB RAM, RX 580 my stuttering is much more frequent

Ok I figured sth out. when i change my refresh rate from windows from 165 to 60 fps, aoe looks like normal again. but why?