Map of Civilisations not in AoE 2 (as of December 2022)

Its not the same to make them a faction in a single level and making them a new civ

2 Likes

Just a reminder, Jurchen’s area is probably Jin Dynasty’s one and note that they are not completely Jurchenic but somewhat sinicized, also ruling a considerable amount of Han Chinese.

I wanna change my stance about Tupis: I think they would work better in AoE2 (and AoM) than in AoE3.

I just don’t know what to do about their wonder or architecture set. :laughing:

Difficult, the Tupi architecture is very difficult to adapt to AoE 2…

If one cannot make an actual wonder for a civi without making up fantasy buildings its a clear signal it dosent fit.

1 Like

What about Huns and Cumans then?

Those are just bad civilizations we are stuck with unfortunately.But they are not completely isolated technically inferior civis.

I understand about Huns, but why do you dislike Cumans? They’re period-appropriate, have enough well-documented history for a campaign, and have an interesting and unusual civ design (that, admittedly, I find difficult to play as effectively). I guess their unique unit is kind of silly, though.

Cumans were not a united people and the design for them could have been given to any other nomadic people during that era.

The Cuman-Kipchak Confederation lasted for three centuries, but that’s beside the point considering many civs represent several different states from various point in time and some were never actually united. Why should it suddenly become a prerequisite for this one civ?

2 Likes

Sure but it wasnt united under a single leader like huns for a while.
Regardless the original discussion was about none fantasy wonders for future civis.I do remember someone suggesting to add eskimos with a whale bone hut for a wonder.

CoughItalians…Mayans…

3 Likes

May I ask why Cumans wonder is fantasy? Is it because of the imaginary design?

Its a ruine of a building same as the hun wonder.

Im pretty sure its impossible to find a hun wonder but maybe just having a not destroyed building for cumans would have been better.

I came up with an Inuit concept (though I called them Skraelings), and their Wonder would be a more embellished version of Inuksuk Point.

Its certainly better than a fantasy hut.

In this case, it’s not a fantasy wonder, but it was built by another civ - the civ i will post a screenshot from wiki below, because of censorship. I honestly would love to see in the game, maybe they could come as a part of Caucasus dlc with Georgians and Armenians.

2 Likes

Maybe in the next dlc after RoR…

1 Like

I still hope for dlc set in Africa/South America after RoR…

Yeah, you could have one dlc in the Caucassus, the Balkans, South Africa, Polynesia, North and South America…