Massive layoffs at Relic

Drongo has a good video on it, there are other probable options.

ok i just watch the video and the answer is 
 we don’t know.
So maybe it’s time for RTS game to evaluate if theyr economic formula is not wrong.

it’s a great time for “innovation” on it

Well if Microsoft is the one paying the bills for AoE4 then I see no reason Relic would lessen work on it.

That’s guaranteed steady income.

Nope!

COH3 is the core game.

I claim based on possibilities that are mostly likely tohappen. No need to be mad.

In that case that probably a reason why sega is not very consistent in their game quality except some branches

1 Like

This just got announced on their official Facebook page, so we don’t need to worry about anything regarding AoEIV and future content updates.

2 Likes

unlike coh3 aoe4 has a saving grace of being a joint effort, any loss of relic staff can theoreticaly be replaced by FE or some other studio worlds edge has under contract, so i don’t see aoe4 being in harms way, coh3 tho, or any other relic ip could be in trouble in some way

1 Like

Of course they will, its only been out a year.
It is relieving they said so though. :face_exhaling:

“Everything we’ve announced” sounds quite vague though

There isn’t anything like new civs or sp contents explicitly stated on the roadmap. Could be limited to regular seasonal updates (hope not).

3 Likes

we only have knowhow till season 5, after that its void as of this moment

Yes I re-read it again and it sounds more like everything they have announced which is season 5 will come as planned, but after that? Is a ? at the moment. Hope for the best!

“Everything we’ve announced”

They’ve announced literally nothing :joy:

7 Likes

A roadmap would definitely be appreciated at this point.

1 Like

If this statement was to assuage AoEIV players that support will continue beyond what has already been announced it failed. This isn’t meant to be doom and gloom but the fact Relic also didn’t mention AoEIV at all from what I’ve seen would leave me a tad worried.

I mean, something totally catastrophic would have to occur to prevent the patch from coming out, and as bad as this is it isn’t quite on that level. Just an oddly worded statement, I think.

Maybe WE haven’t figured out how to proceed. Let us hope support for the entirety of the AoE franchise isn’t impacted by this too much. Still, losing 1/3 of your workforce is really tough.

3 Likes

It’s just PR lingo.
Pretty much a reassurance that online functionality won’t be hampered, hotfixes, balance changes and patches will be coming out etc.

That’s because relic is not in charge of patches and balance, it’s forgotten empires who’s doing that job relic is gone from aoe4

Do you have any evidence for this?

1 Like

That’s not what Forgotten Empires themselves said like a week or two ago

1 Like

Someone did an interview to a forgotten empires dev I think ( in mazmorra AoE channel) and he said they are in charge of balance and patches, he said relic just says the direction ( so I get the sense they’re not really there anymore )

Try watching the interview yourself, because that’s NOT what they said.

We have had no evidence that Relic is “gone from aoe4”.

1 Like