Matchmaking search failed: error -4

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 101.101.40874.0 5548497
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

When launching a multiplayer game, after the timer has gone to 0, the game drops me back to the rated lobby and gives the message “Matchmaking search failed: error -4”

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY) - or more maybe 80% of games in the last 3 days.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Go to multiplayer -> ranked -> random map ->select 3v4 or 4v4 -> ban Black forest -> select preferred Land nomad.
  2. Get in queue -> get in a game
  3. Select Mongols -> select either colour 3 or 4. -> wait for game timer launch -> get kicked back to ranked lobby.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

• N/A

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

Could you please provide a list of what the matchmaking errors are and what they mean? If I was able to find this here I wouldn’t be asking the question.

4 Likes

Hey there @GrubbierCrown86! A way you can help us dig into this issue (especially if you’re experiencing it often) is to create an advanced networking log:

This will help our team better-understand what’s happening when you encounter these issues, and hopefully address whatever issue is causing this error. You can attach these logs here or reach out to our support team so they can be passed along to our Test team: https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/

Look forward to hearing from you! :slight_smile:

What would be the combination error ?? how can i check this information?

I found the log file attached …2020.09.28-14.31.53.txt (7,6,KB)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 101.101.40874.0 5548497
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: Erro -4

Why does this error always appear when trying to start a multipalyer match?

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: Every 5 matches this error appears in 3 parties

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: