Matchmaking stuck on "waiting for other players"

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 9476
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Sometimes the 1v1 supremacy matchmaking will get stuck after it has found the opponent and is in the process of creating the game.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

It happens occasionally - about 1 in 5 to 1 in 10 games. So about 10…20% of the time.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open matchmaking.
  2. Queue in 1v1 supremacy.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The matchmaking should find the opponent and create and start the game.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

Matchmaking gets stuck when creating the game.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

The following video was started immediately after the “looking for opponents” timer disappeared and game gave indication match is about to start.

4 Likes

Ive been getting this bug quite a lot

2 Likes

I experienced this issue last night – ~10 ranked 1v1 matches in a row over a 2 hour period all were stuck on “Waiting for Other Players” for 5+ minutes before I had to alt + f4.

The problem persisted after the following diagnostic measures:

1. Restart PC
  2. Verifying file integrity
  3. Change Steam account
  4. Reinstall AoE3 DE

After doing this and failing another ranked 1v1, I joined an unranked 1v1 match in the Game Browser which successfully launched. After that game I queued 2v2 in the ranked search and my 2v2 game launched, and then I transitioned to 1v1 which began working again.

Very strange thing to happen.

1 Like

This is still happening on the latest update.

1 Like

This issue has been forwarded to our team and is being tracked. Thanks for taking the time to write the reports!

2 Likes

Got another one https://youtu.be/gIgD9lbXpRc

I opened a support ticket months ago on this. What kinds of logs do the devs need for this? This has been happening consistently for months across different PCs and even different ISPs. It’s definitely this game. How can we help you, the devs, figure this out?

Still occurs with update 18493. My estimate is roughly 1 in 30 games, speaking of 1v1s.

I’ve been having a similar issue, but in my case I get stuck after the map has loaded, right before the map show in screen there’s a loading screen with British soldiers, and it stops there. I’ve just created a topic about it, maybe they’re related somehow?

1 Like

This is been extremely common for me since the latest patch. And unlike the more rare occurrences on previous patches there doesn’t seem to be any consistent fix or workaround. This really needs to be addressed soon, I think a lot of people are experiencing it more since the last patch.

The bug itself is also inconsistent; sometimes it will show 0/2 ready and nobody loaded into the lobby, sometimes 2/2 ready and nobody loaded into the lobby, sometimes 1/2 and just yourself loaded into the lobby, etc… before getting stuck indefinitely. Quicksearch is practically unplayable getting this bug often.

1 Like

This has always been a thing but now it is happening literally every other game. How hard can it be to fix?

I have also had this issue, have to force quit the game.

1 Like

This issue is still there on patch 38254 despite it supposedly being fixed.

This is laughable… This bug was the last straw that made me quit the game months ago