[MERGED] Late-game performance in team games deteriorated in anniversary patch (42848)

Yeah sure my connection always gets worse when I go imp xD have you even played the game?

1 Like

What do you expect after mnths of trash game play oh good try guys keep it up you will get there
they have done nothing so giving them constructive criticism is out the window
Wouldn’t suprise me if they closed this topic there favourite move is denial , pushing blame on players (cause god forbid it be their incompetence) and burying their head in the sand
Not only a waste of money with this game but a waste of time 30 mins In either lagg someone drops (if not at start of the game) day by day just seems like this game is getting progressively worse

Yes I have, and I’d say I have a decent PC

1 Like

They just simply don’t care. All they want is the DLC and if all pro players stay silent pretending the game is in a good state ( at least in streams) they won’t give a F***. And if we rant here saying stuffs hitting devs, it’s just a waste of time for us as I don’t think they are really caring about MP at this point.

2 Likes

Well I only sometimes watch Viper on YouTube, and already saw several times cuts where he and the other players said “lets go to old patch” (iirc it was the mixed teams showmatch where they went back after game 1).
So reading between the lines you can clearly see that they are not amused about it, but mostly dont comment too much on it most of the time (since I think they are also in a rough spot. They are making money with the game, therefore they dont want to publicly say: “hey look this shi*ty game we are playing”, they also have advantages with the game being more popular; not saying this would be greedy or anything, its their work, I can totally understand
)

not MBL he is the only one that doesn’t care says what he wants is AOE2 not the most popular aoe ? i thought so but after next to no comments from the AWESOME devs and lack of information seems not aoe 3 and aoe4 is the priority they have got to be dreaming if they think we will jump ship to them if they cant get this one right
the anniversary update was the games version of Covid just destroyed the AOE community and gaming
again i think the devs are doing AWESOME if doing absolutely nothing counted as anything

4 Likes

I’m experiencing a frame rate drop too on multiplayer matches, drops to just 2. 2. Completely unplayable when it does this, but single player is absolutely fine.
I am playing on a new pc, using a Geforce RTX 3070, Ryzen 5900x and 64GB ram, runs new high performance games like a dream, but not this one.

I’ve tried contacting support and they just respond with “cannot advise on what can be done”.

Hi @apw1985000 !

Can you try to test the game in the new PUP?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/813780/discussions/15/3181237058686392490/

I will try it tomorrow if i can, does it have to be during those set times on that link? If so i cannot test it.

Does the other person i play with also have to have this enabled?

If you try to play with someone you can do it at whatever time is ok for you two. Those recommended set times are meant for people who look for matches with other people they dont know, because the players between PUP and Retail game are different.

Yes, both persons have to be in the same build (PUP in this case) to play together

will there be any update for PUP to support players from pre windows 10?

First test i noticed a great deal of improvement in the frame rate. Is there any idea when this will go live?

That last update was a temporary respite, cannot have more than 200 men for 6 factions otherwise it drops to 2 frames again. Even then, it’s usually around 7 frames.

Hi @apw1985000 !

Can you send to us your Enhanced Logs?

Thanks!

@IkoKnight8151 How do I send you this log file? It’s 131mb and it will not upload here, plus it’s too big to e-mail.

This “improvements” from the last update have made no difference, it’s still unplayable with 6 players and a 200 pop limit when you are hosting.

Only the host suffers.

zip the file and upload it, it becomes real small after zip i think

Sadly this website doesn’t permit zipped files to be uploaded.

Maybe you can upload it to gofile.io?

1 Like

@IkoKnight8151 done! Gofile - Free file sharing and storage platform

1 Like

Thanks! Ticket updated ^-^