Mode comments "AOE2_GOLDEN_DE"

New update for “AOE2_Golden_DE (STRINGS)” mod.

The mod is now working with the following languages: English, Portuguese, German, Spanish, French, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay and Polish. But names of units, buildings, technologies and civilizations always remain in English.
Soon I will update this mod for all languages supported by the game.

@LiningGull724 with latest patch “fix” on gurjaras sheep garrison, it seems they broke garrison property with older data mods.

can you help me check if you can have units garrison into castle, towers and TC normally? try villagers, some infantry/monk and cavalry.

I’ve been testing with my mod and everything is normal. All infantry, villagers, monks and cavalry enter the castles. All infantry, villagers and monks enter castles, towers and Town Centers. But cavalry do not enter towers and Town Centers.

1 Like

The “Last King Survives_Golden DE” scenario is now updated and published; you can play it now.
If you find any errors, please let me know so I can correct them, thank you.

1 Like

Hi Mephistostark, thanks for your review of my mod, but when you want to comment something or report a bug please let me know on this link, because it’s better for me to answer you.

Your comment was:

Is the awesome mod.
Is awesome, but i have a problem because the news units and buildings are invisible, why that can happen? i suppose that is because i dont have some…graphics? how can i fix this?

My answer is:

Most likely, when subscribing to the mod, you must have closed the game or lost internet, without the mod having been downloaded in its entirety. But as it is already subscribed, the game does not automatically download the rest of the files; so do the following steps:

1. Unsubscribe (fur the game) and close the game.
  2. Subscribe to the mod through the website and open the game.
  3. Subscribe now to the mod through the game and wait until it fully downloads.
  4. Restart the game and try out the mod by creating a new unit or building a new building.

If it doesn’t work tell me here so I can see there’s something wrong with the mod.
Thanks.

NEW UPDATE: Mod “AOE2_Golden_DE (Dat)”

• From now on the “Advanced Chemistry” technology will only take 300 seconds to research.
  • From now on the cathedral will only take 2000 seconds to build.
  • From now on the colosseum will only take 1750 seconds to build and costs 1500 gold and 2500 stone.
  • From now on the palace will only take 1500 seconds to build.
  • From now on, Bombard Castle costs 750 gold and 750 stone.
  • From now on the Civilization Hero will only occupy 1 population, but you can only create one and if he dies you will not be able to create another.

NEW UPDATE: Mod “AOE2_Golden_DE (AI)”

• The “AI” from now on sometimes builds the colosseum and will create the Civilization Hero; and if the “5th reign” technology is researched he will research the “Diamond Weapon” technology in the colosseum.
  • The “AI” from now on sometimes creates the Crossbow Flamethower/Siege Tank/Golden Siege Tank unit in Bombard Castle or Siege Workshop.

NEW UPDATE: Mod “AOE2_Golden_DE (Strings)”

• This mod now works for all languages supported by the game.

NEW MOD WITH THE NAME “AOE2 Golden_DE (BIG HERO + projectiles)”.

• This mod is for seeing the Civilization Hero + the projectiles twice as big as normal.

NOTE: This mod is not published. Couldn’t publish because the “smx” files are in a different format.
So download the mod from this LINK:
[2.05 GB folder on MEGA](MEGA download link)

and then put the folder you downloaded in the folder called “local”.(folder where you put the mods to publish). To go to that folder go to: Users/(username)/Games/Age of Empires 2 DE/(your Steam account number)/mods/local
After placing the mod in the folder, open the game and put the mod in second priority and restart the game to activate the mod.

New Update:

• WARRIOR BANDIT has a new graphic, and your bloodline will be locked in Imperial Age

• SIEGE SLINGER has a new graphic, and will be locked in Castle Age

• SIEGE SLINGER has new transformation in Castle Age

• OUTPOST now costs 125 wood and 5 stone and can no longer be built in water, but can be built in “Shallow”.

• OUTPOST starts with +1 attack distance and attacks enemies

• OUTPOST has new transformation in Feudal Age

• FORTRESS has new transformation in Castle Age and gives 20 population

• FORTRESS now costs 600 wood and 50 stone

• The technologies “Post-Dark Age” and “Post-Feudal Age” is now replaced an effect that gave 1 more attack distance to FORTRESS by the effect that gives 1 more projectile and another effect that causes the firing of the bloodline of the FORTRESS and the OUTPOST lineage is 5% faster.

The Feudal Age now costs 800 food.
The Age of Castles now costs 900 food and 300 gold.
The Imperial Age now costs 1200 food and 800 gold.
The Golden Age now costs 1300 food and 1200 gold.

When advancing to the Feudal Age the Town Center receives +200 HP.
When advancing to the Age of Castles the Town Center receives +300 HP.
When advancing to the Imperial Age the Town Center receives +400 HP.

NEW UPDATE:

• From now on this mod “AOE2_Golden_DE (DAT)” also contains the text of all units, buildings and technologies for all languages supported by the game.
    ATTENTION: The new texts are only activated when you start (the first times you start the game) any match by choosing this mod. From then on, the mod text is replaced by the original one (temporarily) and the new texts for the menu are also activated.

• As of now this mod “AOE2_Golden_DE (AI)” also contains the Golden Age icon (replacing the Dark Age icon) and also contains all the icons of new units, buildings and technologies.

• The "AOE2_Golden_DE (Strings) and “AOE2_Golden_DE (PANELS)” mods have been deleted because they are no longer needed.

How to install:

STEP 1 (MANDATORY): Sign up for “AOE2_Golden_DE (DAT)”, put it in MAXIMUM priority, disable ALL other UI mods that don’t belong to my “golden” mods and restart the game to this mod to be activated.

For players who downloaded the mod “AOE2 Golden_DE (BIG HERO + projectiles)” and want it to work put my mods in the following priorities (see image):

1 Like

Hey,

Thanks for all the guide both in this thread and mod page however I feel like I may be missing some steps. This is the second time I am installing this mod and results are same. Buildings and units for the new age are invisible and cannot be selected. I got all the packs(apart from BIG HERO) and sort them in the order you defined in the previous post, restarted game, selected data pack in custom game, selected deathmatch mode and selected every age for the end age. Still all are invisible. Maybe you can say what I am skipping.

Thanks in advance.

I could be wrong, but I believe this mod does not support UHD (enhanced graphics, allows you to super zoom in). do you have that option enabled? try disabling it and restart the game, see if that fixes the invisible graphic issue.

Peachymelon, my mod’s graphics work correctly if you follow all the steps correctly, but beware that the mod does not support “Enhanced Graphics (UHD)” option, including the BIG HERO mod as well. Turn off this option and restart the game.
Also pay attention to another detail, because my AOE2_Golden_DE (DAT) mod has a lot of graphics, when you play this mod it takes up a lot of memory space (I’m just referring to a certain amount of mega bytes that the game allows to be used in a mod ) and if the value exceeds the maximum allowed all new graphics do not work; so if you have another graphical mod active (except my mods), turn that mod off and restart the game.
If it still doesn’t work, let me know in this thread so I can see what I can do.

1 Like

this mod is as great as when i found the 5 age on voobly, beautiful, thanks for the hard work

1 Like

Thanks all, the problem was, as you said, Enhanced Graphics settings.

BIG UPDATE:

• Fixed an issue where when choosing the Bulgarians civilization it was not possible to build the castle from the Castle Age.

• Some changes were made to some civilizations to balance the game.

• From now on the mod “AOE2 Golden DE (FULL Tech Tree)” puts the tech tree in the game; if you replace the original file “civTechTrees.json” by the mod. This mod also shows the small tech tree if you underline it with the civilization icon during a match. Note: As my tech tree is very large and I couldn’t expand the space either sideways or downwards, I had to put the required Age in the name of the unit, building or technology. Therefore, in the tree, the separations of the Ages will not appear, nor the respective icons on the initial screen.

• The “AOE2_Golden_DE (Mini Tech Tree)” mod has been removed because it is no longer needed.

• Added 31 new icons.

• Three new special technologies have been added to the colosseum.

• The tech tree of the mod is available for all languages supported by the game, but the name of units, buildings or technologies always appears in English.

How to install:

STEP 1 (MANDATORY): Sign up for “AOE2_Golden_DE (DAT)”, put it in MAXIMUM priority, disable ALL other UI mods that don’t belong to my “golden” mods and restart the game to this mod to be activated.
(Note: If you have subscribed to this mod now or updated it now and want to play in multiplayer, YOU HAVE TO RESTART THE GAME).

This mod now also includes descriptions of new units, buildings and technologies and works for all languages supported by the game.

STEP 2 (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED): Sign up for the mod “AOE2_Golden_DE (AI)” to learn how to play this mod. This mod now also includes the Golden Age icon (replacing the Dark Age icon), as well as the icons for new units, buildings, and technologies.

(Note: If the mod has been updated now, YOU HAVE TO RESTART THE GAME).

STEP 3 (RECOMMENDED): Sign the mod “AOE2 Golden DE (FULL Tech Tree)”. This mod features the big and small tech tree in the game, but for this mod to work you need to replace the original file “civTechTrees.json” with the mod. So first make a backup copy of the original file.

• After downloading this mod open the game click on the options button, click on the “MODS” button, select the mod “AOE2 Golden DE (FULL Tech Tree)” and click on the “Open Directory” button and click on the “widgetui” folder and copy the file “civTechTrees.json” and replace it with the original and the next time you consult the tech tree, the new tree will appear.
  • It is not necessary to restart the game for the tree to be changed, leave the tree and enter again.

STEP 4 (OPTIONAL): Download the mod “AOE2 Golden_DE (BIG HERO + projectiles)”. As I was not able to publish this mod, download this mod from this LINK:
2.05 GB folder on MEGA and then put the folder you downloaded in the folder called “local”.(folder where you put the mods to publish). To go to that folder go to: Users/(username)/Games/Age of Empires 2 DE/(your Steam account number)/mods/local
After placing the mod in the folder, open the game and put the mod in MAXIMUM priority and restart the game to activate the mod.

NOTE: If you want to activate this mod, please put “AOE2_Golden_DE (DAT)” mod on SECOND priority to see big size civilization heroes.

I hope you like all these changes.
If you want to comment on something about the mod or complain about any errors, please write to me in this topic. Thanks.

Attention: All players who want to play my mod “AOE2_Golden_DE (DAT)” in multiplayer, must have the mod updated AND ALSO ALL MUST USE THE SAME LANGUAGE.
If you entered a lobby with a different language, you have to exit and go to options and change to the same language that other players are using and restart the game. I recommend that the language is always in English.

1 Like

the large building is very large, do you have ways to make them smaller

New update:

• Changed the format from “.smx” to “.sld” the graphics files of Heroes to occupy less space and be faster to download mod. (from 567.27 MB to 338.05 MB)

• From now on the mod “AOE2_Golden_DE (BIG HERO)” is available for download on the website or through the game. Also in this mod the format of “.smx” was changed to “.sld” the graphic files of the Heroes.

ATTENTION: I ask players who downloaded this mod from the link to do it again or subscribe to the mod through the game and delete the old mod, because I had to make several changes.

Thanks.

I don’t know what big building you’re referring to, but since you liked the last post I published it seemed to me that you were referring to mod dat, but if you weren’t referring to mod dat, I ask you to tell me which big building is too big.
Anyway, I took a look at the dat mod and found that it could save some space if I made some changes. See the changes:

• Changed the format from “.smx” to “.sld” for Heroes graphics files to take up less space and be faster to download the mod. (from 567.27 MB to 331.73 MB)

• From now on the mod “AOE2_Golden_DE (BIG HERO)” is available for download on the website or through the game. Also in this mod the format of “.smx” has been changed to “.sld” the graphics files of the Heroes.

ATTENTION: If you downloaded this mod from the link to do it again or sign the mod through the game and delete the old mod, as I had to make several changes.

Thanks.

Big buildings are the Wonders, they are size 7x7 (Castle is 4x4 and normal Wonder is 5x5). 7x7 or 8x8 is too big, if you can make them smaller can build easier.

Hi

@mfairgaming2022

, thanks for your review of my mod, but when you want to comment something or report a bug please let me know on this link, because it’s better for me to answer you.

Your comment was:

invisible units from barracks…was this supposed to be funny…its just stupid…you cant even see it…lol

My answer is:

The graphics of my mods "AOE2_Golden_DE (DAT) " and "AOE2_Golden_DE (BIG HERO) " work correctly if you follow all the steps correctly written on the mod page, but there are two ways my mod’s graphics don’t work which are:

1. don’t let the game download the mod completely and then you restart the game (this happens when you close the game without downloading the mod completely or you don’t restart the game after downloading);
  2. You have followed all the steps of the mod, but have enabled the “Enhanced Graphics (UHD)” option.

So if for you it’s JUST “2.” do the following:

1. Open the game and go to options;
  2. Click “Graphics” and uncheck “Enhanced Graphics (UHD)”
  3. Restart the game and try the mod by creating a new unit or building a new building.
  • If one of the new graphics appears then the mod is working correctly, but if not the cause is the “1.”

So if for you it is "1."do the following:
1.Unsubscribe (through the game) and close the game.
2.Sign the mod on the website and open the game.
3.Sign up now for the mod through the game and wait until it is fully downloaded.
4.Restart the game and try the mod by creating a new unit or building a new building.

• If one of the new graphics appears then the mod is working correctly, but if not the cause is way “2” or “1” and the “2”

So if for you it is “1” and “2” do the following:

1. Open the game and go to options;
  2. Click “Graphics” and uncheck “Enhanced Graphics (UHD)”
  3. Unsubscribe (through the game) and close the game.
  4. Sign the mod through the website and open the game.
  5. Subscribe to the mod now through the game and wait until it is fully downloaded.
  6. Restart the game and try the mod by creating a new unit or building a new building.
  • If one of the new graphics appears then the mod is working correctly, but if not please answer me here so I can see if something is wrong with my mods. Thanks.
1 Like