Mongol Raiders score: 23506. New profile icons: 0

For me I get none of the achievements despite having signed into Xbox and crossed a score of 20000 and destroyed a siege onager using Mangudai. I didn’t even get the score-related profile icon unlocks.

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed explanation as well as the advises! I’ll try them out. Still, I hope that a hotfix will allow us to do it on “Mongol Raiders”. I know it’s probably flagged as “scenario” somewhere in the files but after all it’s a recurring thing, not the special event it was when presented for the first time.

Thanks for the tips, I wasn’t really sure how to force AI to build Siege onagers, I’ll try the DM route.

You have to get the achievements in order. The first one after Xbox is playing a game on Land Nomad – you can just start a standard game and resign if you want to. After that, it will unlock one achievement at a time, that you can get, every 24 hours. @Rowschank - see Mongol Raiders score: 23506. New profile icons: 0

1 Like

Aaaaah, dammit, thanks! :slight_smile:

Onager thing in DM works like a charm, thank you again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good tip!

I can confirm that I was unable to complete the challenge in Mongol Raiders, despite killing the Siege Onager with Mangudai. The previous challenges were complete and the cooldown had expired.

Single-player deathmatch vs Celt Extreme AI allowed me to complete the challenge. So, they indeed must not want the player to complete this in the campaign mode.

Moved my UI suggestion post to a new thread for discussion (see link below). Here’s a quick image of idea, but discussion is at the other thread

5 Likes

Yes many of us are actually smart enough to understand this - however, it still remains that even though all previous unlocks were completed, and that the attempts to unlock the profile icons were available to be earned, IT SIMPLY DID NOT WORK. I have done the 15 000 point profile icon unlock three times with well over 15 000 points and the achievement remains unlocked. This is a bug for some people it appears. I’m sad that so often the pat response is “you’re doing it wrong”.

1 Like

There is a bug. I’ve attempted the 15000 point profile icon unlock three times all three well over 15000 points. I have done all of the previous challenges. I attempted this 15000 point challenge WHEN IT WAS AVAILABLE TO BE ATTEMPTED. I have not been able to unlock the profile icon. So many answers are very condescending and essentially accuse people of being stupid. There is a problem here for some users but “community” members are slamming it down and pretending it’s not an issue. Very sad makes me wonder where all of the community spirit is that I’ve heard people talking about. I’m not seeing a lot of it in this forum I can tell you that.

2 Likes

So it seems like you are messing some thing up with the time line of events. It did post when there was only 1 report. Only the topic starter had posted his report of the bug. He clearly had no bug, but just didnt understand the rules. He just tried to unlock this challenge when it was not available to him. My reaction is therefore only applicable to his situation only.

After the post you quoted, other people also reported that they cant unlock this challenge, while the challenge was unlockable for them at the moment. They did try it when the challenge was available. That is a completely new setting. I havent reacted to this new setting at all. That post of me is therefore also not applicable to those reports. I will never deny there is a bug based on the info posted AFTER my post.

I have the Xbox and Steam editions. I have scored 19,000 points in both editions in the Mongolian event. Why is there no unlock icon yet?

1 Like

Got it; I was simply trying to paste the most common solution from the main thread at the time, since the poster started a new thread. It seems that many people have tried it and still get errors. Can you paste a few screenshots to help the developers?

1. your achievements progress, to show that it’s unlocked (remember it takes up to 24 hours after each achievement for the next one to be unlocked; the UI will show it)
  2. your main menu, showing that you’re still logged into Xbox live (apparently this is needed to save progress)
  3. your mongol raiders high score page

My challenge is unlocked and i am scoring 20k (played 3 times) after the challenge unlocked, still not getting the tick

2 Likes

I agree with your proposal, you might try posting this into a new thread on AoE 2 DE: Discussion: https://forums.ageofempires.com/c/age-of-empires-ii/aoe2-de/101 where I think it’s the right place to do it.

2 Likes

Fair and accurate comment - thanks for your reply.

1 Like

I reiterate my consideration saying that this is not a bug, but rather a misunderstanding because of people’s lack of reading comprehension or because the UI is not very clear.

These are my scores, the challenge is unlocked since 10 hours but it is not getting tick marked, I scored more than 15k few minutes back

1 Like

When you try to complete the achievement, do you press the button “Let’s go” or just press directly from the main event page?

Ps: Do you beat all of the enemies on the scenario as the objectives say?

Tried both of them!
No, haven’t beaten all of them. But the challenge condition does not require me to beat all. Even if you beat 2 of them you can score above 15k. I beat 3-4 usually

1 Like