Multiplayer games freezes on Xbox

Just played a mutliplayer game. At around 16 mins it froze again.
I can’t believe they are letting this game broken for over 1 month now.
Really bad for the AOE 2 xbox community and trust in the quality of Microsoft.

4 Likes

ALMOST 3 MONTHS OF FREEZING ON ONLINE RANKED AND QUICKPLAY GAMES AFTER YOU MAKE GAME UNPLAYABLE FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE PURCHASED THE GAME WITH THERE HARD EARNED MONEY AFTER BOTCHED UPDATES 3 MONTHS NO FIX IS UNACCEPTABLE I EVEN BOUGHT ALL DLC AND EVEN THE ANIMATED ICONS JUST TO SUPPORT THE COMPANY AND THIS HOW YALL REPAY WITH NOT EVEN A CARE TO UPDATE US IN THE PROBLEM NOR PROVIDES US WITH W TIMETABLE ON FIX

3 Likes

The game freezes, sometimes even during multiplayer settings. The game freezes even after restarting. So the game freezes after a while and it’s over. I play on Xbox one X… That is, I correct my statement, I’d like to play. Please fix the problem!

3 Likes

ON XBOX SERIES X WITH GREAT WIFI AND ETHERNET GAME WILL FREEZE EVERY GAME NO MATTER WHAT AFTER 15-30 MINUTES MARK DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE GAME BEING UNPLAYABLE FOR MONTHS A GANE I WAS PLAYING EVERYDAY NOT HAVEN’T PLAYED IN 3 MONTHS ITS GETTING OUT OF HAND NOW MICROSOFT I NEED TO KNOW WHETER OR NOT I NEED TO REFUND MY MONEY FOR THIS UNPLAYABLE GAME

3 Likes

So fed up. Start spamming support guys ! Those bricks ignore a whole community for 3 months. I WANT MY MONEY BACK DUDE WTF IS GOING ON THEY DONT #### CARE ABOUT US THEY ARE JUST LAYING BACK AND BE LIKE MEH DONT CARE. This is ridiculous. I was in contact and with the support and this Idiot told me : well, how about you restart your console. After 2 days waiting he told me to reinstall the game. Again im waiting 2 days and get the mail TO REINSTALL MY WHOLE XBOX THEY ARE MAKING FUN OF US ITS UNBELIEVABLE. ### #### SHIT REALLY. Getting ignored and being told the reinstall everything I have? Like I didn’t already ### ## Times??? Told them that, they don’t care. ### it im fed up just stop getting hope that they fix it it wont happen. Just spam them and all of you : Please deinstall the game, permanently, till they fixed it. Bricks

2 Likes

Hello Felizon89,

Could the good and hardworking team from Microsoft Games Studios, responsible for AOE 2 DE please give us an update or perhaps time horizon on how long the ‘tracking’ status of this Freezing issue will take until they expect it to be fixed?

At least some kind of information, outside the standard e-mail reactions, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,

Marc

I don’t play multiplayer so I’m not affected. What happened with the new DLC not being detected after purchase? Is that still not fixed? Lots of complaints on Xbox about the DLC. Maybe in a few months there will be a new version to fix the bugs, I’m kinda shocked they bother to maintain the game at all :heart:

ITS not just multiplayer. Even in Solo Lobbys. This is so annoying and they don’t care about us

If you can get 1 game in before it freezing quit the game and restart after 1 game I have been doing that and no more freezing seems to only happen on second or third game in a row for me

Its not work like that, i have couple friends on xbox and most of them get freeze every single battle, one of them dont get any freezes and he have same console and even same internet provider with people who get freeze every game

I created new account and it haven’t froze with it at all.

Hello, new to this forum.

Having the same issue, freezing after 15-30 minutes, 2v2 vs AI. I can hear sound and use the Xbox menu/guide, but no visual. Totally frozen.

I also tried co-op campaign and the problem also exists on that.

Why hasn’t this been fixed yet? It’s literally ruining the game for many people, essentially making it pointless to play because of it. Ridiculous.

I just had to install an update for AOE 2 DE on my Xbox series X.

Will try to play a game soon and let you know if it still freezes.

Also wondering if other players keep freezing after the update, or that it is solved.

Need boycott game at this point

1 Like

Update didn’t help. Still freezes. What a joke

Yep, indeed the update did not address the issue.

Like others suggested, make more tickets to bring more attention to it.

1 Like

Going back and fourth with support, kept telling me to take simple steps that I’ve already taken multiple times, like clear save data, reinstall etc.

I keep asking if someone is actually looking in to the issue and they keep ignoring my question.

The last response I got was to go to Xbox customer service instead? What the…

Just played a quick multiplayer game online 2 vs 2, and at 18 mins the game froze again.

I will stop playing AOE 2 DE and discontinue the second ultimate gamepass account I took for my son.

This is quite poor customer service and not the level of professionalism you would expect from Microsoft.

Yes let’s all start selling our Microsoft shares as well, and take our money elsewhere :joy:

Guys please do what you can, spam their social media and support, we r group of 5 friends here and we bought game + all dlcs, we thinking about refund all this shit cus its unplayable, i started spam on twitter

2 Likes

The game still freezes under 30 minutes of gameplay regardless of multiplayer or single player. This has been drawn out for a few months and not a single one of you developers has fixed the issue, still current. I’ve been playing AoE since 2011 and this is the first time I’ve actually wanted to uninstall the game, but stopped myself because I still have a thread of hope that maybe the team can pull their heads out their ass and fix this.

Right now all I see are dogshìt devs making up excuses to not dissolve the issue and even shifting the responsibility onto your customers even after being told that they’ve done exactly what you asked (multiple times) and still having issues as a result due to your continuous useless advice. What a joke this whole ride has been devs, truly disappointing. Pull up your big boy pants and start fixing shit, because you’re going to lose a lot of people because of your bullshìt excuses.

3 Likes