Multiplayer Restore Cancelled

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.37906.0.0
  • Platform: Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: jaySF

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

:question: Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.

Multiplayer restored game countdown starts at 5 and then the countdown cancels with no additional error message.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the steps to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Load Multiplayer Restore file
  2. Invite other players
  3. Host file gets uploaded to all other players
  4. Host starts game and error described above happens.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE of the game where you encountered the issue.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmCsliViowi2koES9D4VGP0UCJsO3w?e=gspYho

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a SCREENSHOT, VIDEO, DXDIAG .TXT FILE, or CRASH/GAME LOGS (if relevant).

aoe-crash

1 Like

Hey there! Quick question:

• Are you trying to load a restore file created before Update 37906, or created after this latest update? (i.e. is the file version the same version as the current game build)

I’ve updated our tracking tasks internally, so thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Yes, this file was created with the latest update.

This countdown cancellation happens randomly in multiplayer games, whether they have restored or just a new game. To solve it the host needs to cancel and create again, everybody join and try again. If it doesn’t work just try again… It’s been happening since at least three patches ago

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: latest patch
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: xhot potato

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

create a lobby, people join. hit start and it provides the message "the game will start in 5, then immediately cancels the launch. only way to get the lobby to launch is by creating a new one.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

List the steps to reproduce the issue... Be descriptive!
  1. seems to happen randomly, but definitely not on the first game of the night. seems to also happen more in 4v4 games than in any other game size. does not appear to be microsoft vs steam player issue as both variations occur.
4 Likes

have had this issue multiple times aswell, rehost normally fix it but its rather annoying

2 Likes

I can confirm that I have encountered this issue before numerous times as well. Seems to happen randomly when creating lobbies and trying to start the game.

2 Likes

still happening. its super annoying when you wait 10+ minutes for a lobby to fill up then cant launch the game.

2 Likes

This is very random. Sometimes you have almost all games canceling and some days it is rare. Like TS I’ve noticed that it happens far more frequently in 4v4.

Indeed a very annoying problem. Host needs to cancel the party, create and invite everyone to join the game again or. This happens with 1vs1 or tg. Very randomly. Attaching a sample

Hi Dev,
Someone reported a bug happening where when you start a lobby the start game button doesnt work (you click it and it cancels the start instantly). I replied in that thread that this is indeed a problem. Why was that bug merged with this thread which is about restoring a game not starting a game in a lobby? Can you assure us that both issues are being tracked?

Thank you. Both issues are being tracked and have been added to the Known Issues page! I’ll be sure to update the page when a fix is available.

1 Like

Awesome thanks so much!

hey GMEvangelos, there are couple of few other issues I’ve reported a few months back but I do not see them on tracked known issue yet, could you please check to see if they are tracked internally?

here are the bugs reported I’ve filed but not in tracklist yet.