My Proposed Changes for the upcoming balance patch

because i understand that you can’t design the game around the core army being UU without heavily impacting the design of the game?

Imagine War Elephants as the core of the Persian army. now balance that with Frankish throwing axeman as the core of their army or Karambits as the core of the Malay Army?

Since you want it so bad @Parthnan, go make a mod, with all the balance changes to make it work. then prove to us that the civs are balanced. i’ll wait.

3 Likes

This would happen, and RIGHTFULLY.

tumblr_neshknUsAL1rs4x5ro1_400

For War Elephants must be feared. The most. OF ALL.

Elephants will and shall be used by Persians.

If a unit is too strong but too costly it becomes situational unit. Reduce the cost and make them weaker suddenly we see more of them referring to war elephants. Same goes for very weak units like karambit.

1 Like

stop meming and avoiding the subject.
balance that against malay.

but parthnan doesn’t want them to be weaker. he wants big strong elephants that are dirt cheap. he’s asked to reduce their price by 20%. he’s made that claim before.
heck his gif post above proves it.
also.

still waiting a response.

1 Like

and on red bull tourney persians were picked around 20 times and won just once. What does that make 5% winrate? Does it mean persians bad? Same for team games, lots of factors are there which I don’t wanna get into. U can’t rely on winrates especially when meta is changing every month.

1 Like

frankly i didn’t like the entire design of that tournament.

1. it benefits civs that get off to a good feudal agro.
  2. time limits further hinders civs that are better in the late game then the early game.
  3. it is set up in such a way to remove options and instead encourages flat aggression.

persians at least have a history of being a strong civ in other tournaments and on ladder.

except when the win-rate is consistent there is a trend established.
Lithuanians have literally never broken 50% winrate at the highest level of 1v1 games.
even in team games they sit at 50.63% and that’s teh best they will ever be.

WHAT? That is a lie because I only asked -20% IN GOLD ONLY NOT FOOD (-15G) for WAR Elephants

yeah except this disagrees.

you didn’t say gold, you said 20% price reduction. your own words.

Exactly what i was trying to say, we can’t rely on incomplete info. Maybe leitis buff was the push they needed to cross 50% but relics affecting them change the whole story. Maybe we need relic nerf to +3 instead of 60 gold for leitis. Lets wait.

Actually I do think -20% across the board for WE, Condos, Turtles, Karambits and TKs and even Cataphracts, Monks and Missionaries is STILL BALANCED
But because that seems outrageuos to many, i m fine with a -15% or -10% reduction. And hence proposed that in my official thread.

Message to the balance devs :

giphy

except they haven’t crossed 50% winrate in 1v1 at all. highest they got was 49.12%.

so you called me a liar and then confirmed you did indeed say that. hmm…

by the way. despite your claims elephants aren’t unused at the highest level of play.

They are used for 1 in like 50 COMPETITIVE (serious) matches for any Elephant civ.

I want to see them used 1 in every 5 matches ATLEAST, and that means a cost reduction across the board.

viper has seen them used 6 times in the past 5 weeks just on youtube.
thats not 1 in 50.

which breaks them in team games, where they are already incredibly strong.

Used like 1 in 50 serious games even in TG too.

i didn’t know team games against the likes of China, Soumi, and Aftermath weren’t serious.

oh. and he used them again today. make that one more use. and it was your beloved Elephant Archer.
against China with Lyx, Yo, and Vivi. but yeha. totally not a high level game.

Just to say, I’m only taking note of the most obvious mistakes (and good things) on your proposes.

That is just too much.

Archers are their counter… so totally no to that.

Might actually fit italians.

Totally OP.

Yes to this.

No. Having +8 against scouts is just too much.

Not really. Porto Galeons will become as good as Saracen ones. They also dont have Fast Fires, so…

It will boost their durability against Skirms from 5 shots to 8. Maybe indeed too much, +10 hp will be enough.

Who said the Scout Armor on Scouts will be set on 0? Maybe even give larger amount of scout armor to Hussars, making this upgrade more benefitial?

1 Like

Since HCs only come out in Imp, and Imperial economies have no issue with massing Trash units like the Skirmisher, I do not see a problem with it taking 8 shots to down a HC.

HCs are already Gold intensive as is, and almost never get made even by Gunpowder civs, because they are too situational (only good vs Infantry) and too fragile.
15HP to all HCs would be a great buff to Turks, Italians and Ports, too.

1 Like