My Proposed Changes for the upcoming balance patch

I see. Because with HC acc 65% they need 6 shots to take down ESkirm. In theory, they need 4.
Now, with 5 shots needet, ESkirm always win. With +10 hp on HC, and 7 shots needet, it will be in theory even, dependent on RNG.
With 8 shots needet, HC will have more chances to win against ESkirm.

3 Likes

Which is fair, because ESkirms cost no Gold, nor are they difficult to upgrade, and can even be massed in the Castle Age; while Hand Cannoneers are locked behind Chemistry (unless you are Turks, in which case you get it for free), cost Gold and can only be made in the Imperial Age.

When is the next patch coming?

Maybe they could reduce a bit the bonus damage that ES inflict to HC. I mean, it a castle age trash unit that hard counter a imp unit locked behind chemistry. HC problem isnā€™t only their accuracy or the fact that they counter units that arenā€™t seen too much, but they are also countered so easily by a spammable and cheap unit (both for unit cost and upgrades cost).

Also, for the same reason, you never see condos, because ES is always better than condos at countering gunpowder.

HCs even die too easily to Infantry and Hussars, and they are supposed to counter Infantry. They could use an extra 15 HP, to at least be on the same HP level as Arbalests.

2 Likes

??? (20 characters)

Yeah, but at least one have to research the hussars upgrade, and you can save your HC with some pikes. But they canā€™t escape ES.

1 Like

They miss way too many shots. Goths and Aztecs usually overrun HCs with Infantry, quite easily, even though HCs are supposed to be good against Infantry.

HCs need a bit more HP, and perhaps a new Tech for accuracy or firing rate.

3 Likes

News: Viper confirmed that the new map pool will be much better. New patch very soon

2 Likes

How soon? Today? :heart_eyes:

Probably on Monday. Itā€™s usually at the very end of each month.

Iā€™m tired on that pattern regarding releasing updates at the very end, and even being so buggy in a few cases

1 Like

and the Balance, no leaks?

No. (20 charactersssss)

Not at all. It is 100% deserved. Almost everyone here agrees on this change, and that HCs are vastly underpowered specifically in durability

50HP HC will not be OP, and this is already proven by the weak effect of the existing TURK +25% HP bonus on HC.

Can you not respect someone elseā€™s opinion, and debate him with arguments, instead of appealing to popular opinion?

1 Like

Those games you always resort to, to oppose othersā€™ requests, are NOT a) Tournament Games, b) Showmatch Games or c) Sponsored Games

It is clear that all pros (except tryhard-types like Hera) just test out the waters with many strategies and units against their contemporaries in regular ranked play

But definetly will not do so with honor, money or prestige on the line. And it is those games in a), b) or c) above that can give us a true sense of viability of strategies and units.

And yet over 8% of one pros videos alone contain the elephant thatā€™s more then just testing the waters.

You know very well that usually I am the one at the recieving end of exactly the same kind of reply that I posted, because my so-called ā€œradicalā€ changes/opinions

And 50HP HC will not be OP, that is an objective statement which can be proved as fact by playtesting. And is already proven by the TURK +25% HP bonus on HC.

So there you go, with the arguments.

Regarding HC, I think itā€™s better to start with small buffs and see how to proceed from there. Personally, I would like to see some kind of elite upgrade/tech for HC, something which increase accuracy/HP/rate of fire (not necessarily all of them). We could give these upgrade only to a few civs, and it could be a nice way to boost gunpowder viability.