Nerf a japon

Why would it never be nerfed by dev if it is that strong ? They should try to nerf every OP civ…

If you lose every single ranked game against japan, it is on you, the japanese main should gain ELO and face better player they will have 50% of chances to win, right ?

I don’t play much japan or british so don’t know what you’d be doing wrong. Your strategy sounds fine…

Cannot reply because the translator is bad

Translation is bad too, it is hard to understand.

• I checked ingame yesterday, japanese berry gather rate is nit higher than other civ.
  • I listed other civs not to say they are OP, but because they are the only civs I know with gather bonus
  • thanks to bank dutch military do not feel to intensive on gold, at least not as much as germans

5000f by itself is a lot. It is not much when considering it is all you have on the map before switching to rice paddies. And if rice paddies are that good that early, then india and china would be problematic civs just like japan. I do think these 3 civs are strong in supremacy, but if we got 7 OP civs, these civs are not OP anymore.

Start a game with Japan and look at the gather rate of berries foragers. you will see 0.67. I can make a screenshot if you want. It would be definite proof as there is no way to decrease gather rates (exceot for portuguese).

Same for Japan and every civ. Destroy military buildings and the opponent cannot make military (bad translator again ?)

Yeah, Dutch consulate is very strong with a bank and the livestock pen. Japan can also increase shrine gather rate by 300% or so, to compensate for not having factories. Both in age 4 though, by that time supremacy games should be more or less decided.

You dont need max efficiency in supremacy. The church card and the age 4 card are often enough, you get 7 banks. In age 3, the 22 Japanese shrines are worth ~9.5 c/s, which is like 3.5 banks.

It only gets tricky in age 4, as the shrines give ~16.5c/s to the japan player. You have to spend 2 cards for factories, while being down 20 to 25 villagers. 22 shrines with 4 deers are like 6 banks (5 with tulip speculation card, but you can skip it if you need space in you deck). 2 upgraded factories + 1 bank (out of 7) you get 17.25c/s, which is similar to the 20 to 25 extra villagers the japanese player has. And you only used 1 more card: II) church + IV) 2 factories vs I)heavenly kami + II) orchid berries, and you didnt spend 2000f to 2500f to train 20 to 25 villagers (to balance for sending one card less)

So yeah, japan eco is very strong mid to late game, and is clearly a strong civ (along with other civs like india, china, british, and the flavors of the moments) but you do not have to use every eco card to match it. If you use more card, it us because you want a nore late gane deck and neglect the mid game cards. And this is when looking at dutch, who are usually rated below average on tier lists.

And again: you should not send the company’s card, it is not good enough.

I think the shrines are not the only think making japan strong. Military is very strong as well.

I don’t know much about these 2 cards. Whenever I try to make a japan deck, I end up not picking them, as I rather take army/military upgrades/crates. So I really don’t know how good they are in supremacy.

Anyways, I will leave this topic because:

• it is very hard to get what you mean from the translator
  • it sound more like a rant than a theorycrafting about possible balance changes
  • in the end I do not really care whether or not japan get a nerf. I rarely play with them or againat them. I was only interested why suddently people talk about japan being OP, which wasnt the case recently (ex july 2022: Let's discuss the civ strength rankings and november 2021: Current civ tier list - ESOCommunity)