New Aoe2 faction idea: Sinhalese and Manchu/Jurchen

There’s a lot of discontent about how little representation the East Asian factions got in aoe2. Also Indian faction is a very odd looking faction as well. If in future there are dlc civs and I do believe there should be; I have two suggestions that can lessen this problem.

India as a camel civ doesn’t make much sense. The Indian faction that we got only represent Rajput. However at this point it’s pointless to argue about this. After all Italian faction only represent Genoa if we think like that. India as a faction will stay and I don’t think we’ll ever get Tamil or bengal as civ as that will break Indian faction.

That’s why Sinhalese will be a perfect fit. Sri Lanka is a separate nation from India and its main group of people Sinhalese have always been considered separate from mainland India. So having them as a faction will allow the southern part of India to get recognized. They can have battle elephants while have a completely different castle unique unit perhaps. They should be a monk civilization and can have a pretty good campaign with their vast history.

Manchu/Jurchen are a group of people in northern China in Manchuria. However this group is very different from other Chinese in fact throughout medieval age they were hardly considered as Chinese. These people has always shaped history of China even creating Chinese dynasty. At the same time they are so different that they are considered like Mongols. Adding them will bring a really good flavour to the Chinese as well. With their huge history their campaign can focus on fight against and for Korean and Chinese emperor. Also we can get a really good eastern campaign.

So what do you guys think? Share your ideas. Also tell me how this two faction can be in aoe2.

3 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Purely for fun speculation on future civ additions for AOE2 DE