NEW CAMPAIGN: Tomislav, King of Croatia

Sounds great :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I keep my fingers crossed for you :smiley:

Can you share information about the Serbs? What Unique Units would they have?

Itā€™s nice if Igor Svyatoslavichā€™s campaign, the Slavs civ had the name Ruthenians :wink:

2 Likes

My idea right now is the Serbian Župan, which is a light cavalry unit that doesnā€™t take bonus damage against the Spearman-line but is far less gold-costly than Byzantine Cataphracts. It also doesnā€™t inflict bonus damage against infantry, making it bad against the Swordsman-line.

2 Likes

But the Croats in your campaing also own the Župan Unit.

This unit will look similar to Croatian Župan?

Maybe Knez is better name for Serbian Unique Unit? - at least different.

Knez is closer to a king, though. Zaharija had that title.

1 Like

True but they recently lost one of their best designers PhillySoulja since he is now working for another company. Watch the Forgotten Empires website for jobs, maybe you get your chance. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Somebody else already replaced him.

I have another technical question about the campaign.

I am on scenario 5 now and seem to have to found my match, but Iā€™m sure I will be able to figure out a good defensive plan eventually. Iā€™m wondering though about Michael the ā€œallyā€, because so far, even though I made the payment to him on two attempts and he had pledged his support, he never moved his units. I was battling the Bulgarian assault for over 20 minutes, and Michael never did anything. Is this supposed to happen?

1 Like

The biggest luxury of making Michael your ally is that you can trade with his Market or Dock for gold, and heā€™ll distract some of the enemies near the bridge. Heā€™s not strong enough to really devastate the Bulgarians himself.

Lol I was winning this and near the end my hero went and got himself killed

Oh, I didnā€™t know that.

@Ongarelli173
It would be nice if you were working at Forgotten Empires :smiley:
You could do a lot of good for Eastern Europe. You would be our representation there :sweat_smile:

You can make great campaigns and civilizations, they should hire you :blush:

3 Likes

Hopefully some day! Iā€™d be open to working on other entries in the franchise as well, such as Age of Mythology DE or possibly a new DLC for Age of Empires I at long last. Itā€™s just a matter of when the roles are available and who else is available. Regardless, I still feel a lot of fulfillment producing these campaigns and telling these stories while learning about the surrounding history myself.

4 Likes

I respect such people :blush:

What do you think should be in AoE 1 and AoM ???

Hi,
I subcribed and played and finished screnario 1 in Custom Campaign,

but there was no option for screnario 2. Did I install uncorrectly? Anyone can help?

Both have plenty of room for new campaigns, features, and civilizations. Age of Mythology would greatly benefit from the same type of graphical makeover that benefitted Age of Empires III, and I think there can be new campaigns that arenā€™t just a weird, anachronistic mish-mash focusing on Atlantis, but rather self-contained stories that actually reference real mythologies.

Among new civilizations that Age of Mythology DE can add, I strongly recommend the Japanese, whose mythology is absolutely swarming with mythological creatures that would be awesome in AoM, but Iā€™d also like to see the Mesopotamians, Aztecs, Slavs, and Indians.

For Age of Empires I, there are a bunch of new civilizations that would sorely fill in some gaps from the current roster. The main additions I want are Indus, Celtic, Olmec, and Scythian, but the possibilities are pretty vast. We can also get Mauryan, Etruscan, Dacian, Nubian, Iberian, Armenian, Hebrew, Xiongnu, Vandal, and who knows what else. I also think Age I would benefit from some quality of life improvements that still retain the spirit of the original game. Itā€™s hugely important imo that the pathfinding is smoothed out, but I also want the campaign mode to have larger population limits than 50 across the board, and I think the various civs and units deserve to be balanced further so that random maps are more attractive as well. It would still feel like Age of Empires I and not just Age of Empires II again, but it would be better-quality for a modern RTS game.

1 Like

For whatever reason a number of people have come across this bug, but not everyone. I really canā€™t explain whatā€™s going on because it works fine on my end.

Did you ever restart your game while doing mission 1 or reload a saved game?

If anyone else is reading this, do you have an explanation for what could be causing progress to not work for people? Does it have to do with something in the layout.json file? Could it just be that you needed to restart Age of Empires II: DE before progressing, or is it because I recently updated the campaign, interfering with those who havenā€™t gotten the update?

I got the same issue, just do a quick ā€œi r winnerā€ :wink:

I did not get what you mean. Can you explain more!

After you started playing ā€œThe Dark Horseā€, did you save your game and then load it up later? Did you fail your first attempt and have to restart? From what I know that has historically caused issues with custom campaigns sometimes.

This is what i did (and when i had my sound issue)

When you start the game, type ā€œi r winnerā€ to win instantly so you can move on