NEW CAMPAIGN: Tomislav, King of Croatia

It probably has to do with the fact that you loaded it up later. Probably the game did not treat your saved file as part of the main campaign progression or at least caused some sort of problematic hiccup.

1 Like

Thanks, I can move now!

2 Likes

Yes I reloaded sometimes

In my opinion, civilizations from the Dark Ages can be added to AoE 1. Both in AoE 2 and AoE 3 there are elements from previous games. AoE 1 has campaigns and the Yamato civilization that existed in the Dark Ages. I believe that AoE 1 could have a DLC called ā€œFall of Romeā€ or ā€œBarbarian Raidersā€. In such a DLC, the following could appear: Slavs, Huns, Goths and Vandals.

The second DLC could be called ā€œHadrianā€™s Wallā€ and could add Scythians, Germans, Iberians, and Thracians. The third is the ā€œCradle of Civilizationā€ adding Hindus (Maurya), Israelites, Ethiopians and Celts.

I think it would be fun and add variety to this game.

May be some controversy here, especially for campaigns :wink:

1 Like

Moses campaign xDDDDD

Hey, but that could seriously be interesting :grin: Easy campaign, you could say tutorial, but fun :sweat_smile:

The Slavic Campaign could be based on Samoā€™s Empire. And its key moment would be the Battle of Wogastisburg. Of course, the timing of the action is over 150 years after the fall of Rome, but still older than Yamato.

Filthy (Philly) already made one :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow. Why havenā€™t I seen it before. In addition, the author is a campaign designer on the Forgotten Empires team.

Perhaps it would be possible to make civ Israelites and add them with this campaign officially into the game.

We could also have campaigns focusing on King David and Solomon, who ruled a legit Hebrew kingdom during an otherwise recessionary period for the Middle East.

1 Like

Ok I see, but he wasnā€™t even causing a distraction. He kept his troops within his walls for the entire duration, at least 20+ minutes on both of my attempts. I think Iā€™ll keep the 1,500 gold next time.

This is a bug that occurs when you load a save from the main menu. If you do that, when you finish the scenario, the game sends you back to the ā€œprevious menuā€ from where you loaded the game - i.e., the main menu, insted of sending you back to the campaign menu.

Basically, the game doesnā€™t treat loading custom campaign saves as "campaign scenariosā€™, but rather as random maps.

Itā€™s an annoying bug when youā€™re trying to get the completion checkmarks for each scenario; means the only way to get there is to play each scenario in a single sitting.

1 Like

Iā€™ve discovered the same thing happens with other multi-scenario campaigns such as Vytautas the Great EN. You donā€™t get a cutscene and youā€™re taken back to the wrong menu, without getting to progress.

Yeah, first time i encountered that was in Gwangaetto the Great custom campaign. Scenario 4 is absolutely brutal, and I was save-scumming like crazy. I was so crushed that I couldnā€™t get the proper cutscenes after I finally beat it, ;(

I know the devs know about this bug, but Iā€™m guessing itā€™s pretty low priority for them right now.

Hello!

I couldnā€™t find a thread on your newest campaign, Apranik, so Iā€™m writing this here. Is there an issue with the file? I was going to play the second scenario today, but there was an update for it. However, the file just doesnā€™t seem to download. I have been leaving my game open for minutes, many different times, and the download never ends. Iā€™ve never see a campaign file take more than a minute to download, so clearly something isnā€™t working.

Itā€™s too bad cause I was looking forward to playing this tonight, after enjoying the first scenario. This and the Tomislav campaign are on par with the best in-game campaigns, you did a great job!

It updated fine for me. If thereā€™s an issue, itā€™s probably caused by the site itself. Itā€™s also possible that you just need to close the mod screen and reopen it after enough time has passed because the page can often be quite tardy with indicating the update. That has often worked for me.

Ok, well Iā€™ve tried that a few times but it didn,t work. I was also able to download other mods fine. And now after over an hour of playing another scenario, I went back to mods to check and it was still downloadingā€¦ maybe tomorrow!

Opening AoE2 now, it seems like something is buggy with the mods section in general again. Iā€™m having trouble downloading other mods myself. I click Subscribe and then it just stops immediately.

It worked tonight! Took about two minutes for the update to download, but I can finally play scenario 2 now

I would be delighted if this campaign was part of the new DLC - Dawn of the Dukes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: