New Civ concept: the Venetians

I’ll post another design for the venetians civilization. I know that I already have like 10 of them, but I don’t care… I do one every time I’m bored, and I’m keeping reading book on the history of Venice, so every new design is a bit more accurate.
This one in particular has come to my mind while I was talking with the fellow venetians enjoyer @IBMichele117, so it would be a waste to not posting it.

Bonus:

• Get +50 gold each time a technology is researched (including age ups)
  • Archery range units are 5/10% faster in feudal/castle age.
  • Galley-line units are 15% faster in feudal.
  • Docks, blacksmiths, markets and monasteries are built in 80% less time.
    TB:
  • Guilds is 80% cheaper and available in the feudal age.

Unique Technologies:

III - Schole: villagers passively generate +5% gold when dropping resources on buildings nearby monasteries.
download
IV - Schiavona: infantry units have +30 HP

Unique Units:

• Stradiots:
    Light and fast cavalry with a slow RoF but that can stun enemy units (a stunned energy cannot move or attack). It cost only gold.
  • Galeass:
    Heavy ships with high HP but short range spread damage, that can protect nearby ships all around it by absorbing part of the damage (like an hussite wagon, but all around it).
    sanlorenzo1-1

Tech Tree:

Barracks: FU champ, halb and condo
Ranges: FU arbs, skirms and HC missing CA and PT
Stables: paladin, hussar and bloodlines missing
Siege: missing siege ram and heavy scorps
Dock: heavy demo ships missing
Blacksmith: FU
University: FU
Monastery: heresy missing and atonement
Castle: FU
General Eco: gold shaft mining missing

I would also like to take inspiration from the aoe3 Italians and give them a building like the lombard, but with a bit tweaked effect. I’ll leave here a random idea that I had about how it could be transposed into aoe2.

• Mint: building that allows to invest resources and get 1.5 value in gold with a trickle over time.
    Cost: 100 wood 100 stone +100 gold for each mint already built
    Example: you invest 100 food, you get 150 gold with 1 gold per second.

I conclude saying that I also have uploaded the venetians design for aoe4, so here is the link if anyone might be interested.

2 Likes