New Civ Icon Idea

FinnsFinns2
like this

4 Likes

This is so good. Much Thanks! :smile:

And are Thules (Inuits) and Algonquins considerable? But I cannot find appropriate pictures. Maybe someone else can. :joy:

Algonquins seems to be played by Celts in Age II. That’s not a good choice.

The 2nd one is better.

To be fair no civ could really fit them, and the devs wouldn’t create a civ that’s only used for the last part of one single scenario, not reappearing until AOE3’s timeframe. Maybe woad raiders with their war paint would look the closer thus why the Celts were picked as a placeholder ?

Probably anachronistic, maybe even inaccurate, but here is the Algonquin flag in EU4

As for the Inuits, all I could find from EU4 is the flag of the Innu, one of the Inuit tribes but who lived in Labrador (Markland) instead of Newfoundland (Vinland)

You are right.

But I guess most of the civs mentioned here would not be created in the game. So it doesn’t matter just talking about civs such as Algonquins.

Algonquin can be a quite large group of peoples. They had their stories between 11th century and the later European colonial age.

This may be transformed into a round one.

i try to make these with celt shield

9 Likes

This is magnificent. :smile:

1 Like

Damn you’re fast :smiley:

I was wondering which model would be the most accurate among existing models. Googling for “Algonquin shield” only returned landscapes so I assume it’s a geographical feature, and “Iroquois shield” returned

• turtle shells
  • mantlets, giant siege shields that appear in AOE3
  • dream catchers, maybe looking like the Aztec shield but with feathers hanging under. Though Aztec shields had a similar design, only the main round part being used in AOE2

So maybe the Aztec model (also round but looking embroidered) would be the closest match.

CivIcon-Tlaxcala---副本
the new Iroquois shield?

3 Likes

Only Maori and Aboriginal are left.

Someone actually remember NZ!

tarascan icon

I think this works better for the Tarascans. It is the symbol of Curicaueri, their fire and solar deity who was also the patron of the rulers. It appears in their document Relacion de Michoacan. The glyph with the fish was how the Aztecs, their enemies depicted their region which they called Michoaque. Curicaueri and the Tarascan warriors usually painted themselves in black and yellow paint.

5 Likes

Maori
used modern flags

6 Likes

You can just Google Maori symbols and Aboriginal symbols to see nice looking picks.

Wasn’t that one of the proposed flags a few years ago ?

We all know which flag New Zealand should really have !

1 Like

I think it can be
Maori2

5 Likes

Perfection !

Now we need to force the devs to add a kiwi with laser eyes as a cheat unit.

I think the real cheat unit might actually be a flying kiwi. :joy:

5 Likes