New Civ Icon Idea

High Kings of Scandinavia: (Split Vikings) Danes + Norwegians + Swedes

2 Likes

@Seicing what is the reference for the Nepali civ icon?

PS: Nevermind, found it.
Every stupa (Buddhist shrine) in Nepal, there are giant pairs of eyes staring out from the four sides of the main tower . These are Buddha Eyes (also known as Wisdom Eyes), and they look out in the four directions to symbolize the omniscience (all-seeing) of a Buddha.

2 Likes

Kingdom of Jerusalem (Crusader States)

Escudo+del+Reino+de+Jerusalem

He has already done this

Good lord thats overcrowed

1 Like

Laser Kiwi for Maori LMFAO :rofl:

Gets slightly worse since a couple were added in the area

And still the HRE could get worse, much worse :wink:

(Just a joke btw, I dont want to start a war here)

1 Like

We all know the map of our favourite medieval european “empire” after all :smiley:

Where? (20 characters)

I had proposed the Crusaders / Kingdom of Jerusalem before, so it was already done :wink:

And placed where it should be on the map, in Jerusalem

1 Like

My Bad. What a good job!

To be fair this coat of arms has a visibility problem since it breaks one major heraldic rule : putting a bright colour on a bright colour. Very hard to identify it in the heat of battle so it was almost never done, it was always putting a darker colour on a brighter one or in reverse. But since the Kingdom of Jerusalem was special, they got away with breaking that rule, so long that no one else would do the same, if you saw some yellow thing you cannot identify on white, oh right it’s Jerusalem !

3 Likes

The symbols alongside the side of the doors would be very Ghanese for Ghana.

2 Likes

Re-suggesting Rapa Nui

I also redrew the “frigatebird” symbol in bigger size.

Edit: Found something else for the Marajoaras

I also started making my own world map with the emblems (picked the biggest map Google showed)

Edit: Something for Evenkis
For Evenkis you could also use the symbol in the middle of this flag:

Fon/Dahomey (who are the ones who actually had Gbetos)

I also tried looking for something else for Guaranis that isn’t so similar to the Tupi symbol (you can ignore the stripes in the back)

1 Like

Dahomey didnt exist in the AoE2 period tbh

Fon flag looks funny.

Don’t you mean Fonny?

I also found this version
images (4)

And this coat of arms, though it’s probably way too intricate foe AoE2

I also found this for Qara-Khitai (though they’d likely be included in Khitans)

1 Like

If you’re going to put an anachronistic flag for Dahomey, that didn’t exist by the time of AOE2, then pick that one

Late 19th century so not even close, and we don’t even know where this flag exactly is from, but it’s perfect for a West African slaver kingdom

That coat of arms looks like it dates from after the french conquest of Dahomey, also late 19th century or possibly even early 20th