New Civ Icon Idea

Perhaps this will help you in the distribution of the Andes Region.

Most of the Kingdoms shields are already there, although perhaps I should name a few more kingdoms:

Cajamarca Tribal Kingdom:
According to the drawings, they wore armor similar to the Chachapoyas (Chachas), probably because their territories included mountains and Amazon jungle.

The kingdom of Cajamarca (or Caxamarca) was an ally of the Chimu Empire, so the Chimú sent an army to defend Cajamarca when the Incas invaded (According to the chronicles, the Chimús sent 1 military “Division” (Unu) which would be equivalent to 10,000 soldiers) . Approximately half a century after the Chimú-Inca war, as is now known, Atahualpa was captured in Cajamarca by Francisco Pizarro.

The animals with which the kingdom of Cajamarca is represented were the Jaguar and the snake (so they had a great influence from the Amazon jungle), they even have a mythical hybrid creature of these animals.

standard_pacopampa-3-1

The main deity of the Cajamarcas was Catequil, God of Thunder, who is also part of the Inca pantheon.

Catequil

hqdefault (3)

Cataquil DC

There is also the flag of Cajamarca in EU4, I think it has Hispanic influence.

Huyla Tribal Kingdom (Huaylas):

Descendants of the Recuay civilization, who fought against the Moche kingdom but ultimately fell to the influence of the Wari Empire.

The Huyla had a fierce resistance against the Incas before being conquered, however, they maintained a great role during the Spain-Inca war.

Atahualpa gave Quispe Sisa (later called Inés Huaylas Yupanqui) as wife to Francisco Pizarro when he tried to negotiate his freedom, Inés de Huaylas was a noblewoman of the Huaylas and daughter of Huayna Cápac (like her brother Paullu Inca who ended up being named Inca (emperator) for the Spanish).

InesYupanquiQuispeSisa

During the siege of Lima (battle that defined the future of South America) carried out by Quizu Yupanqui (by order of Manco Inca), the Cuzqueños (Incas) were about to take Lima, however, in the final assault 20,000 Huaylas soldiers arrived by order of Inés Huaylas Yupanqui to support her husband, Francisco Pizarro, so the Spanish managed to defend the city.

It is a very extensive story, if anyone is interested in knowing the details I leave these videos 1 2 and this page.

And if you’re wondering, Francisco Pizarro and Inés de Huaylas had a daughter named Francisca Pizarro who ended up inheriting all the assets of her father before her untimely death, she was a noblewoman in Spain.

descarga (13)

Possible Huaylas symbols:

Recuay Symbol

Perù,_recuay,_contenitore_a_forma_di_abitazione,_IV-VII_sec_ca.

Animal Recuay

Huayla flag of EU4

Heraldry Huaylas granted by the Spanish.

P.S: I was struck by the “waifus” created for the Cajamarca and Huyla civilizations in the EU 4 :sweat_smile:

ddl0bn3-47652192-645d-473f-9ab8-7330ccb5b8fc

ddl0boj-793d807e-e513-45fd-8830-ddab62398248

Maybe Cornwall could be done as well? Since Britons and Kelts were already split so much
Cornwall Coat of Arms

Also, update on the world map

Edit: Found a version of the Cornish emblem with a border

The Tuaregs could be pretty much anywhere in the Western Sahara, but I think you picked pretty much the best possible place for them, near the Hoggar Mountains.

But can you find lots of well-designed campaigns for these newly designed civs? Are you sure our Eastern campaigns can really ba made good enough?

Yea the Maya base would work I think.

First of all, we lack tech trees…

I mean, if we all band together and design the civs, then sure we can have awesome civs potentially!

For Heliodor!!

2 Likes

I know you have been inactive for a while but I have found a better shield for the Vandals

2 Likes

I was gonna suggest something for Ukraine, but their current coat of arms is the one already in use for the Slavs, so instead I’ll suggest something for Russia:
Maybe you can use only the horseman inside the eagle, though I’ll admit he’s really small. lol

Edit: Found it in bigger size, in case you wanna follow my suggestion of using only the horseman.

Edit 2: Just noticed you did these

In that case I think my suggestion is redundant.

Also, what is the last one supposed to be? It has no title in the code.

Edit 4: fun fact: the Tatar symbol actually belongs to the Golden Horde. Here’s one actually used by Timurids:

1 Like

Tumirids was made before. But it’s a little funny as it looks like a bowling. Or we can try making an icon in a unique shape.

I had a go at making some Anglo-Saxon ones of my own. All a bit anachronistic, since the Anglo-Saxons (as far as we know) didn’t really have heraldry or national flags.

Northumbrians:
Northumbrians

Mercians:
Mercians

West Saxons:
West Saxons

Kentish:
Kentish

Of course, these would all be very different civs, e.g. Northumbria would be an Infantry and Monk Civ, whereas Kentish would be more of a Monk and Infantry Civ…

3 Likes

Maybe we could include the border to the right.

Tried making some on my own using Seicing’s templates, this one is a test

Edit: Made a cornwall emblem after a few more tests.
Cornwall

Edit 2: Made a Sahrawi one as well.
Sahrawi

I made PSD templates based on these, so anyone who wants to make their own emblems can do it with ease.
Metallic Round Shield:

Kite Shield:

Wooden Round Shield (this was the hardest one to prepare):

For the first two, you just have to paste your design under the lowest layer, but the last one has an extra layer in case you want the brown background.

4 Likes

Loving the cornwall design!

It comes from this image I found before.

Pretty remarkable effort. I like how you run the gamut of civilizations, from superpowers like China and the Ottoman Empire, all the way to Tibet and Tupi.

You could make this also into a custom emblem please?

1 Like

I think that for the Austrians civ it would be a better icon than this:

obraz

Obviously this icon is beautiful, but unfortunately it is too exaggerated and too detailed to be an icon for civ in AoE 2.

Ok thanks. Its the medieval Babenberger (House of Austria) emblem while above is the modern Habsburgian one, which also lacks readability