New Civ Icon Idea

Making UI images would be useful too,mainly for modding projects.

1 Like

@seicing would it be possible to make a template based on the Portuguese icon?

have a try

2 Likes

Maybe I’m putting too much weight into my personal interests but I really hope if they ever really get added to the game they have their written language represented somehow.

2 Likes

Thank you

I’ll make a psd of it as soon as I can

Made a psd based on the Portuguese templates that Seicing made, and took the chance to make a few new icons

Timurids
Timurid

Wari redo (maybe I should have stretched it and/or added the borders from the original shield)
Wari

Croatia
Croatia

Maybe I should have done a better job at erasing the background in those.

Also here are all the PSD templates I’ve already made:
##################################################################################
Maybe I should make a topic just for them.

3 Likes

Oh, the link got censored. That’s never not fun. :roll_eyes:

The Timurid one really doesn’t do so well, having the shield background as straight black makes it feel much less realistic.

1 Like

Yeah, you have a point. There’s also the fact you can’t see the texture of the template.

The Vlachs(Romanians) ones are really just Wallachia.

For something that would embed all 3 countries where the Romanians were the majority of the population (basically, an umbrella civ for the Romanians) I suggest Michael the Brave’s banner.

Because he was the one that briefly united all 3 Romanian principalities in 1600.

I think that might be too detailed for an AoE2 icon.

Also, I did a redo of the Timurid icon I made
Timurid

1 Like

Made an Icon from the Gaja##pati Empire Flag for the Odias. Probably not as good as the others, but I made this for Odias Civ Icon as it lacked one. (## for not censor)

Also made one for the Kannadigas using Rashtrakutas Flag I found on google.

Odias
Odias

Kannadigas
Kannadigas

5 Likes

As much as I absolutely love the coa of Vlad Dracula I have to mention that considering the crown of Wallachia kept getting ping-ponged between the Danesti, Draculesti and later Craiovesti the best option is to just keep it simple with the black eagle on blue background.

3 Likes

I love the designs here, I took the liberty to took the Tarascans toponym for my Profile Picture.
For Mississippian I recommend watching this video. There are a lot of potential good designs for them. (Plus showing that the Eagle Warrior would not be out of place for them)

Also I seems to miss the South East Asian civilization the Mon

1 Like

I found a YouTube channel recently which features extensively among other cultures Mississippians:

I’m more of a book guy personally but for those who prefer watching Videos, this seems to be a neat channel which looks at Precolumbian cultures.

They also cover other North American cultures like the Hohokam and Dorset cultures:

One of the advantages of this YouTube channel is that it also cites its sources. Most history videos on YouTube don’t do that.

4 Likes

Hey nice work on these? Would you mind if I used these icons for my civ concepts? I’ll give due credit of course!

Tangut/Chiang

1 Like

The Raven with the cross, sun and moon are actually pretty cool symbols.

1 Like

What program do you use to make these? I want to make emblems of this quality!