New Civ Icon Idea

Yeah you are right on the Iroquois being anachronistic

However, the Mapuche symbol isnt from the flag, its a religiouw symbol Meli Witran Mapu - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre. I wasnt able to find when was in created, but its prob older than that. Other option is the Lautaro banner which is on period.

Or the more stylized version of it

2 Likes

The maceman could very well be Chimu’s unique unit. Despite mace being a relatively common weapon in medieval era across the world, we still don’t have any unit in the game that uses it.

And we also don’t have any unit that uses the trident. I think if the Dians or the Siamese get introduced into the game then there could be a trident warrior unique unit (or regional unit), since from what I know the trident was a rather common weapon in medieval Southern China and SE Asia.

1 Like

Indeed, many native peoples used some type of symbol to identify themselves. Even the facial paints serve to differentiate one tribe from another.

There are also cases where native peoples take a defined emblem and represent it on their shields, for example the Jivaros used that symbol since colonial times.

descarga (12)

I would also like to see more maces in AoE 2, it was a very common weapon in the middle ages (although many people associate it with backward or archaic technology).

I’ll also admit that I’ve been heavily influenced by the term “Hammer of Justice” thanks to Blizzard’s Paladins :rofl:

images (2)

1 Like

That Jivaro shield is pretty cool

1 Like

Given that the icon can also be a non-shield pattern such as a Cuman mask, this gold breastplate may be more suitable to become the icon of Muisca.

In this pectoral, six birds with folded wings and crouching human figures on their heads, rest on the back of a larger bird. Another two human figures, also in a squatting position, sit on its open wings.

Im a big fan of mask icons or stuff like that but I dont think that breastplate is that interesting looking

Kingdom of Kandy is more in aoe3 time.kigdoms of kotte seetawaka or polonnaruwa would be a better fit.

khitan is refer to khitan’s sun and moon flag

1 Like

Okay I see.
Really a not-so-obvious source to me. A bit too simplistic and similar to the Turkish ones.
But thank you for noticing this, good job.

CivIcon-Chimú2
looks good,I edited the center with goth’s

5 Likes

sogdians is a big project,first time i try to edid with the winged horse sogdian art
imageCivIcon-Sogdians2
but it’s no texture feeling
I tried referring to the Persian icon but found the pattern too complicated
so i repaint it
The finished product now looks like this
CivIcon-Sogdians3

21 Likes

Now that is dope.
World limit

1 Like

I personally prefer the first one, but both are very nice looking.
Thank you very much for your creation. :racehorse:

3 Likes

CivIcon-IroquoisCivIcon-Mapuche2CivIcon-MapucheCivIcon-Jivaros
i try to add fabric material

4 Likes

CivIcon-Mapuche3
looks good

3 Likes

Hey, amazing work @Seicing.

If I might ask you something, could you please give this a slightly metallic look. Preferably the one on the very left:

This is a Mississippian Copper Plate.
Hitsatsonim

This is a Hisat’sinom/Anasazi spiral.

A traditional Swahili Kanga pattern.

A Tongan Ngatu pattern.

Would be really, really grateful.

1 Like

CivIcon-Swahilians2CivIcon-TongasCivIcon-AnasazisCivIcon-MississippianCivIcon-Mississippian2
I tried to transform the straight line into a curved line, it feels ok

10 Likes

You’re amazing man. Thank you very much. If you don’t mind, I’m going to use those icons for a possible new civs world map.

If you still would like to create an icon, here’s one for Ayutthaya (Siam/Thai):

Ayutthaya

And this Tupi one:

grafik

And this Muisca one:

Sorry for the edits, I’m just way too excited XD

2 Likes

use at will,I’m also looking forward to seeing the new map

CivIcon-SiameseCivIcon-TupiCivIcon-Muisca

9 Likes