New Civ Icon Idea

It would be better if the cross on the last one would be straight like a + sign.

CivIcon-Muisca
I tried because the source was originally misrepresented

3 Likes

Took me a while but here’s the map. Enjoy!

If I supposedly missed something, please tell me.

The area around China is a bit messy I admit.

5 Likes

Silesians

i added the Ryukyus and dablit,can add it in the map

1 Like

CivIcon-Silesians

6 Likes

Naprŏwdã piyknŏ ikōna dlŏ Ślōnskij cywilizacyjŏ :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

In Silesian language :wink:

Hausa:

Yoruba

Benin (metallic like Mississippian):

Songhai:

grafik

2 Likes

Could you make an icon for the Bosnian Kingdom? I feel like it would look amazing!
Bosnian_Royal_Flag_of_Tvrtko_I_of_Bosnia_(rotated).svg
240px-Coat_of_arms_of_Kingdom_of_Bosnia.svg

1 Like

CivIcon-Bosnians
yes

7 Likes

CivIcon-HausaCivIcon-YorubaCivIcon-SonghaiCivIcon-Benin
and ceylons
CivIcon-Ceylons

8 Likes

Some suggestions regarding to the East Asian civs:

Han is an anachronistic name to use for AOE 2’s time period. If you want to be more inclusive then the names Sinitic or Huaxia are more suitable. Even the name Song is a better choice since it’s contemporaneous with Khitans and Jurchens (I believe the Chinese civ in game is based on the Song).

I’m not sure where the name Dablits came from. It should be Dali instead, but Dali was the kingdom’s name not the name of the people. Bai is the name of a modern ethnic group hence is also anachronistic. I think the names Dian or Zangke are better suited to describe the people of Nanzhao/Dali (as well as other Non-Sinitic peoples in the Southwest) in AOE 2’s time.

And I’m not sure where you drew inspiration from to make the icon of the Bai/Dali. In my opinion, the Yi people’s traditional lacquered motifs are probably the best to represent Dian or Zangke. Southwestern ethnic groups generally prefer black and red colors on their motifs instead of white.

Yi shield

And we’re still missing the Tanguts, which were an important civ in the Hexi corridor in western China.

It does look amazing! Thank you! :slight_smile:

This thread is awesome.
I’m loving all these designs. My favorites are tibetans, goguryeos, benin and hmongs.

2 Likes

Han is the abbreviation of Han Chinese,dynasty name is hard to depicts it…
dablits is dali,right,these names are not appropriate

If you are still updating the thread, want to try something with these? pretty please

venetians:
unknown

waris:

1 Like

Such a name wasn’t used in medieval era. Han Dynasty existed in AOE 1’s time, and the Han ethnicity formed in the late Qing or early Republican period in the early 20th century. If you want to use the name of a dynasty then Song is the most appropriate (in ancient and medieval China, a dynasty’s name could also be applied to the peoples that it ruled), or if you want to refer to the people directly then Sinitic or Huaxia would be the more suitable terms.

Venetian has been added and waris is overcomplicated…

2 Likes

Delighted with the end result!

I hope not to abuse your trust, but could you make a Wari shield?

Wari Shield Version 1
Vasija Wari - copia

Wari 1

Wari Shield Version 2

Really grateful and amazed at your work!

2 Likes

He has said that theres not an easy way to fo it I think

1 Like