New Civ Idea - Serbs

This is just idea for Serbs in Dušan’s Empire time :
IMPERIAL TECH:cost:500w 350g
will be “Spike Sheild”(Vitez and Vlastela line +2 attack and +1p armor)
New unique building:
Fortified Monasteries(can shoot arows)250w and 400st 4000Hp see pictures of serbian monasteries like Manasia

CASTLE TECH: cost:300w 350g
will be “Slava”(fortified monasteries generate food)
1.Unique Unit: Allemannic guard cost: 60f 45g(special ability: use sheild in melee fights)
Hp:55
Armor:2/1
LOS:5

Elite upgrade Vitez 1000f 600g
Hp:70
Armor:2/1+1p

2.Unique Unit:

Vlastela(replaces knight line,CAN BE CREATED IN FEUDAL AGE,strong v infratry,monk weak v archer, camel)
Cost: 60f75g(thought ages,to be balanced)
Hp: feudal age:75 C.age:100(without bloodlines)
Imperial Age:130(//)
Attack:feud.7 c.age 10 imp.13.
armor:feudal 1/1castle 2/2 imp 2/3
LOS:as a regural knight
Names changing:feud.(early vlastela),c.age(vlastela)Imp age(heavy vlastela)
Heavy Vlastela upgrade: 1100f 650g weaker than Paladin stronger than Cavalier
Ability(ignore bonus damage from spear-line)
The main strength of the Serbian army were the heavily armoured knights feared for their ferocious charge and fighting skills, as well as hussars, versatile light cavalry formations armed mainly with spears and crossbows, ideal for scouting, raiding and skirmishing

Tech Tree:
Cavarly civ
Able to build: Fortified Monasteries
New bonus: Villagers collect 10% faster while are near fortified monasteries(10 tiles radius)
Vlastela deal +50% bonus damage to monks,and more resistant to conversation(strong ortodox church)
New bonus: Towers deal 15%20%30%Feudal/Castle/Imperial more damage to land units
Team bonus: Light cavarly +2LOS
Unique Castle: Golubac on Dunav, Belgrade fortress or Smederevo Fortress
Wonder: Monastery Manasia
(l allready have voice lines for military villagers and monks)

BELGRADE FORTRESS
SMEDEREVO FORTRESS

Golubac on Dunav

ARCHERY RANGE:missing partihan tactics,hand canoneer

BARRACK:missing suplies, squires, champion,
no eagle line

STABLE:no camel line, no steepe lancer line, no elephant line,no husbandry

SIEGE WORKSHOP:missing siege onager, onager

University:missing treadmill crane, heated shot, no keep

CASTLE:have all

MONASTERY:missing fervor, sancity, theocracy(church in medival serbia was strong)

BLACKSMITH:missing last archer armor upgrade
last cavarly armor

DOCK:no galeon, no elite canon galeon

MINING CAMP:have all

MILL:missing crop rotation

Lumber Camp:have all

Arhitecture set: NEW Byzantines

The gussar is fast light cavarly its not like vlastela(heavy cavarly batter in melee fights) big difference
and fortified monasteries have more HP and 1+range thats why is bigger cost

l have idea to replace knight line with Vlastela and Vlastela can be early knight(created in feudal age but expensive) little bit weaker than KT in feud. age like 70 hp 7 attack 1/1 armor(special ability ignore bonus damage easy to convert like a generic knight and weak v archers and siege) and to remove Gussar

** The Serbian Empire (Serbian: Српско царство / Srpsko carstvo, pronounced [sr̩̂pskoː tsâːrstʋo]) was a medieval Serbian state that emerged from the Kingdom of Serbia. It was established in 1346 by Dušan the Mighty, who significantly expanded the state.

Under Dušan’s rule, Serbia was the major power in the Balkans and a multi-lingual empire that stretched from the Danube to the Gulf of Corinth, with its capital in Skopje. He also promoted the Serbian Archbishopric to the Serbian Patriarchate. His son and successor, Uroš the Weak, lost most of the territory conquered by Dušan, hence his epithet.

The Serbian Empire effectively ended with the death of Uroš V in 1371 and the break-up of the Serbian state. Some successors of Stefan V claimed the title of Emperor in parts of Serbia until 1402, but the territory in Greece was never recovered**

Reign of Stefan Dušan[edit]

Serbian Emperor Stefan Dušan

Skopje Fortress, where Dušan adopted the title of Emperor at his coronation

Main Gate of the Fortress in Prizren, which was one of the cities of the Empire

Tsar Dušan doubled the size of Serbian state, seizing territories in all directions, especially south and southeast. Serbia held parts of modern Bosnia and Herzegovina, Moravian Serbia, Kosovo, Zeta, modern North Macedonia, modern Albania, and half of modern Greece. He did not fight a single field battle, instead winning his empire by besieging cities. Dušan undertook a campaign against the Byzantine Empire, which was attempting to avert a deteriorating situation after the destruction caused by the Fourth Crusade. Dušan swiftly seized Thessaly, Albania, Epirus, and most of Macedonia.

After besieging the emperor at Salonica in 1340, he imposed a treaty assuring Serbia sovereignty over regions extending from the Danube to the Gulf of Corinth, from the Adriatic Sea to the Maritsa river, and including parts of southern Bulgaria up to the environs of Adrianople. Bulgaria had never fully recovered since its defeat by the Serbs at the Battle of Velbazhd.[7] The outcome of the battle shaped the balance of power in the Balkans for the next decades to come and although Bulgaria did not lose territory, the Serbs could occupy much of Macedonia.[8] Bulgarian tsar Ivan Alexander, whose sister Helena Dušan later married, became his ally between 1332 and 1365.[9] Dušan ruled over major central part of the Balkan peninsula. He gave sanctuary to the former regent of the Byzantine Empire, John VI Kantakouzenos, in revolt against the government, and agreed to an alliance.

In 1349 and 1354, Dušan enacted a set of laws known as Dušan’s Code. The Code was based on Roman-Byzantine law and the first Serbian constitution, St. Sava’s Nomocanon (1219). It was a Civil and Canon law system, based on the Ecumenical Councils, for the functioning of the state and the Serbian Orthodox Church. In 1355, Dušan began military preparations for new campaigns in the south and east east, but suddenly died of an unknown illness in December 1355.[10]

Military[edit]

Further information: Medieval Serbian army

See also: Military history of Serbia

Serbian medieval armor

Serbian military tactics consisted of wedge-shaped heavy cavalry attacks with horse archers on the flanks. Many foreign mercenaries were in the Serbian army, mostly Germans as cavalry and Spaniards as infantry. The army also had personal mercenary guards for the emperor, mainly German knights. A German nobleman, Palman, became the commander of the Serbian “Alemannic Guard” in 1331 upon crossing Serbia on the way to Jerusalem; he became leader of all mercenaries in the Serbian Army. The main strength of the Serbian army were the heavily armoured knights feared for their ferocious charge and fighting skills, as well as hussars, versatile light cavalry formations armed mainly with spears and crossbows, ideal for scouting, raiding and skirmishing.

What you guys think?
if you think bonuses are too OP write in comments l have more ideas
GUSSAR REMOVED
ADDED VLASTELA
l think clear weaknes for Serbs are CA, Archer and Camel civs, Really strong against infratry and and monk civs

8 Likes

Firstly you could still do with some formatting. Not the easiest to read

The pictures are cool, I like the buildings.

Would need to know more about the UU/monastery, as you don’t necessarily specify how they work. The shield? Why is the hybrid cav weak to infantry when it should be able to kite it? That kind of stuff is not specified

The monastery is similar to a krepost? But why the very high cost then?

How would any civ without HC or ultra infantry fight Serb champs? You have +4 dmg compared to Malian champskarls with nearly the same PA? I don’t think it’s bad. Maybe just that’s their game ending composition?

And at the same time you have nearly farimba cav? These guys in many ways are similar to the old malians (when they had free gold mining)

It seems like a lot of ideas are hybrids of something existing

About the only unique thing is the stronger Vils? The mining is just ultra buffed versions of Turks and Koreans combined?

this is probably too strong a bonus for free. it’s basically both turks and koreans, combined, and then doubled.

this is basically teutons bonus.

this combined witgh your mining will make this the new incan trush civ.

all together i think this would just be too strong, you got a civ that isn’t really raidable, can trush with the best of them (40% faster mining, which is double both turks and koreans bonus, and combined to boot).

3 unique units + a unique building might be a bit too much.

3 Likes

that castle wall building look nice. too bad we cant put archers on wall tho. might have to try in mod to see if thats doable.

3 Likes

recorded?

1 Like

With the variants on the last DLC I wonder if this might somehow be a thing in the next DLC. Like a platform/clear space on a unique building/unit where the actual units fire from. Instead of simply increasing the arrow count using the dps formula, or maybe the building can’t fire at all, only units on the platform

Meaning it’s weaker than normal garrisoning but in return the structure would be cheaper. But you would get some unique interactions with skirms and HC

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Nice you try to improve your post after getting negative critique.

I don’t really like the mercenary tech. It also doesn’t makes too much sense to me.
IDK, you should maybe stay on one side - either it enables to train different “mercenary units” (which could be really intersting mechanin in TG) or change the name (and also effect) so it fits the slavery aspect of it. But then it’s a cringe tech (though I’m fine with cringe).

The Gussar is one idea I already saw from other serbian proposals. I will probably try to compare them cause it’s interesting for me. It looks like you have different views on the gussar which is really intersting for me, I like different views. Sometimes you get deeper understanding when you like oppose them to one another.

3 Likes

Yeah l can give you files if you want thought discord(its from the mod tsars and salesman on moddb and voobly)
l am currently using civ icon on my profile

1 Like

Thanks man and l got new idea about Imperial age tech since serbian military used special sheilds with spikes that helped them in combat and gived bonus damage
New name “Spike Sheild”

2 Likes

What do you mean by this?
Also the stable should lack elephants and sl not just camels.

I imagine it is the same as the Shrivamsha

You basically added Ratha to a different civ, just a trash Ratha. Not unique, on top of broken and inheretly impossible to balance.

It doesnt make sense mathematically, it MUST be 50% or more to make a change, or else it’ll still be the same amount of hits anyways to kill a Monk.

This is great, however bad implementation.
5% is little to nothing, at the stage where Towers are needed the most. Plus too low to be even calculated intuitively.

It should be 30% flat.

That’s exactly the bonus of Spanish (just 10% less). Different civs must have different bonuses.

Nice backround and emphasis on history, the civ itself has no right to exist in AOE, bad ideas that either not unique enough or just make no sense.
Sorry!
Thanks for the effort though!

Would be better if you share it via gdrive. Who are the 5 voice actors by the way?

I hope one of the voice actors is Daut.

5 Likes

Idk because l didn’t contacted tsars and salesman team this is just idea anyway it sadly will not be added to game you need to ask creator of the mod tsars and salesman because its used from that mod

You basically added Ratha to a different civ, just a trash Ratha. Not unique, on top of broken and inheretly impossible to balance.

The main strength of the Serbian army were the heavily armoured knights feared for their ferocious charge and fighting skills, as well as hussars, versatile light cavalry formations armed mainly with spears and crossbows, ideal for scouting, raiding and skirmishing
This is from wikipedia!!!
l don’t have other idea for this

It doesnt make sense mathematically, it MUST be 50% or more to make a change, or else it’ll still be the same amount of hits anyways to kill a Monk.

l knew it this is idea of my friend for this bonus l wanted it be like 40% or 50%

This is great, however bad implementation.
5% is little to nothing, at the stage where Towers are needed the most. Plus too low to be even calculated intuitively.

It should be 30% flat.

l agree.

That’s exactly the bonus of Spanish (just 10% less). Different civs must have different bonuses.

l thinked about this maybe makeing them 20% faster or trade carts slowly regenerate HP(15hp/min)

Nice backround and emphasis on history, the civ itself has no right to exist in AOE, bad ideas that either not unique enough or just make no sense.
Sorry!
Thanks for the effort though!
[/quote]
Thay will have sense if you change existing bonuses(l mean if we have like 100 civs it is hard to create new bonuses for all)
Ahh sad l wanted to ask is there limit of 48 civs
or it will be more, or actually no limit

What do you mean when you say its not enough unique(l mean this is my idea if you can batter to put 300 years of Serbian Dynasty Nemanjić , thay are also affected by bulgarians, byazantines(religion and architecture) mostly and magyars(hungarians)) +Poles, Hungary and Serbia have really simular military since thay are all focusing on cavarly and infratry.

Why no rights if many members of community thinks it will be fun to have them(l want to make this civ fun to play with, so l will accept every critics and try to make them batter), with Croats and Vlachs Look the European DLC poll thay are on 7th place(30%)

2 Likes

it dodge first 2 hits before get damage
and thay lack elephant too no worries

That makes it sound like they get Steppe Lancers and Battle Elephants, which I assume is not the case.

l allready replyed to this thay dont get elephant
and steepe lancer line

You should take the chance and edit the original post so you don’t have to say it again

There should be a button with a pencil symbol in your own posts.

3 Likes