New civs? What would you like to see next

USA circa 1700s/1800s and the British moving forward into that same time period is what i’m hoping for.
More cannons and muskets and getting away from throwing rocks and arrows would be welcome.

Uh…AoE3DE exists, ya know?

3 Likes

AoE 3 is already there for that…also this is a medieval game so it won’t go beyond 1600…

3 Likes

Fair enough I guess on RotR, it did actually come out one year after TAK, so that was technically 4 in one year. However over the 7 year course of AoE2 HD 8 civs were added total, so they were not adding 4 per year.

AoE2 DE got 3 new civs last year, not 4. Still more than usual. Unless you are counting the Indian/Hindustani rework as a new civ? In which case English and Delhi are just as reworked if not more in the last AoE4 patch.

To be fair that Indian rework is about as much work as adding a new civ to AoE2, which brings up what should be a pretty obvious point, that AoE2 civs are WAY less work to add anyway.

AoE2 DE is averaging about 2.3 civs per year.

Man, if the Chola Dynasty and Vijayanagara Empire are to appear in AoE4, they would both, be divisions of AoE2’s Dravidians.

Sure, 4 civs in TAK and 4 civs in TROR…

Of course, if you want you could then count the 3 DE in 2021 that had 4 civs in that year (two American and two African nations)…

Yes, most likely it is the cholas and in the imperial age they put vijayanagara units in it…

1 Like

North Empire DLC :

• Scots
  • Sweden
  • Danes

Reconquista DLC :

• Spain / Castille
  • Umayyad Caliphate
  • Portugal/Kingdom of Galicia

Crusade DLC :

• Fatimid
  • Kingdom of Jerusalem
  • Mamluk Sultanate of Egypt
2 Likes

Here’s a preview of the first two sentences of what my civ concept about the Persians will look like:

• Civilization type: Culture, Trade, Dynasties
  • Difficulty: 3/3

Personally I’d rather see a DLC with important civs from a bit everywhere. Instead of DLCs centered around a region. At the moment we really need at least 1 viking civ, either norse, swede or danes (we don’t need 3). Any one civ from central america would be nice too (aztec? inca? maya?) but we don’t need 3. Also Japan and Byzantine are a must.

looking forward to the rest, a big picture like the vietnamese concept would be nice

The dlc will only be two civs…

I would love to see the Aztecs and Japan in the game. They both have very unique visual styles

1 Like

Yes, maybe they are like the ones in AoE 3 but with fewer unique units…

My Persians civ concept is now up. It’s available to look at. Click here to go there.

Khmer and Aztecs are nice.

Venetian, Sicilian, Genoa, Papal state

2 Likes

Sorry, not sorry.

Kamakura shogunate Japan instead of Warring States Japan, because it’s a Japanese civ that hasn’t been explored enough yet. You can go from 800-1450 with the civ and it would work imo.

Thanks devs :slight_smile:

The flag of Genoa is very similar to that of England, although it seems to me that they put the Venetians in, since Venice is the home city of the Italians in AoE 3…

2 Likes

Can bee like this, maby

i’hope some civ of this, bc italy have soo much history, yes all of this empire is not giant, but important in the story, also all of this civ is not the same, close but different, i’hope you can give a chance for this all

That’s because they are actually the same, it is the flag of Saint George (if I’m not mistaken) the patron of Genoa and it was the English that take it from Genoa.

1 Like