2 Likes

I am looking forward to:

1. Byzantines
  2. ā€œSpanishā€ and ā€œBerbersā€
  3. ā€œVikingsā€ and Japan
5 Likes

If Byzantines ged added, I hope itā€™s as the Eastern Roman Empire

4 Likes

I just kind of doubt theyā€™d call them the ERE when we already have the HRE.

I find it kinda sucky that people refuse to call them Romans when theyā€™re the actual successors of Rome ### ### #### with calling some German larpers Romans.

1 Like

Romans I think would be a more likely name than ERE.

But theyā€™ll probably go with Byzantines anyway.

1 Like

I think naming a civ the Holy Roman Empire was a misstep, but given that name is already in AoE4, were there ever to be another civ in this game that was based on the eastern Roman Empire, for the sake of clarity, giving that civ the name ā€œRomanā€ would be itself a misstep. So Iā€™d recommend using the Byzantines, which while historically questionable, it at least clearly identifies who the civ is based on.

Wait why did that get censored?

The thing is the eastern Roman Empire is older than the holy roman empire. It was all because the pope wanted to gain power by being the one to apoint the emperor. So, this was quite the predicament in its time and they are two complitely diferent civs.

2 Likes

Yes, that sounds correct to me.

I donā€™t think there is a predicament, it just happens to be convenient for Byzantine lovers to pretend there is.

I surely hope people donā€™t imagine that we live in a world where people are incapable of seeing the difference between HOLY and EASTERN. We can have both HRE and ERE, there is no actual issue here. Using Byzantine on the other hand, IS a historical misstep for a historical game, and it would be a great shame to neglect the actual Romans of their name if a Germanic empire is already posing as them.

Iā€™d like to believe people can read the difference between the two anyway. History is not simple, and making things up to water down or misrepresent history is not the right thing to do.

In my humble opinion, we should call them Romans or Roman Empire. If this causes confusion; good. Confusion creates curiosity, leading to questions that lead to answers and answers leads to learning.

1 Like

Agree.

We live in a world where currently both the United States of America and the United Mexican States coexist. Both have Civ in En Aoe III:DE and there is no problem.

So I guess for the same reasons, I donā€™t think there is a problem in calling the Byzantines from Aoe2 ā€œEastern Roman Empireā€ in ##### ## ā€œRomansā€ for short, for historical matter.

On the other hand, the flag of both kingdoms is different, and itā€™s easy to tell them apart, so it wouldnā€™t be much of a problem to have another civ with the Roman name. Where if it is more difficult would be with civs like the Genoese, where their flag is practically the same as the English, the only thing that differentiates them is the coat of arms.

1 Like

Still holding out hope we see Japan

2 Likes

Itā€™s better that itā€™s called Byzantines for more simplified naming and also because, we need to avoid confusions with the name ā€œHoly Roman Empireā€.

1 Like

I want more indigenous civs. Civilization has a great amount of indigenous civs. This game hasā€¦ none.

1 Like

How about any of the Spanish kingdoms, or Spain itself? Also, geographically close, the Moors

1 Like

Yes please more civs MORE MORE MORE please MORE CIVS!!!
Letā€™s destroy the last bit of game balance PLEASE MORE CIVS WE NEED MOOOOORE!!!

1 Like

Ffs stop talking here mate. U complain about everything. In the siege post you said u not playing this game so stop fucking trolling. Just leave. No one cares.

4 Likes

I want more civs anyways!

Whatever new civilization they add, I am hoping for some kind of Outpost benefit. Like shooting multiple arrows, or not requiring to research emplacements (immediately getting them upon building). Outposts are rather demotivating and do not scratch that Tower itch from AoE2.

1 Like