New Expansion DLC: Dawn of the Dukes

My (final) Dawn of the Dukes predictions:

Bohemians (German architecture set): Infantry and Gunpowder civ with a War Wagon flavour. Hussite War campaign. Wonder: Karlstejn Castle
Poland/Polish (Eastern European architecture set): Light Cav/Heavy Cav civ with Paladin (again). Jadwiga campaign. Wonder: Cathedral of St. Stanislaus and St. Wenceslaus
Lithuanian campaign: Vytautas with the Battle of Grunwald as high point of the campaign.

Leaving the game with 39 civs teasing even more content.

4 Likes

Look at how big germany is. look how big india is.
he’s not forbidding german civs, he just wants more india civs. which makes sense since the area is largely ignored.

3 Likes

Just imagine if we get totally different civilization with this dlc,people will riot :joy:

4 Likes

I persoanlly think that the civs that most likely will be presents are (in decrasing order):

• Polish
  • Bohemians
  • Georgia
  • Duchy of Austria
  • Rus
  • Some other HRE state (there is one that I can’t rememeber right now but it’s an importan one…)
  • Venetians
  • Croats
  • Finns
  • Some indian civs (this one is a bit of a stretch, but woth considering…)

Those are pretty much the most common requests in the forum that could be collocated more or less in the east.

With lists like this one, is difficoult that they can surprise us… the secret is to consider even the most remote possibility…

Then again, we’ll find out that there will be only campains… :rofl:

2 Likes

From this topic we can see there are some difference from what people want

They can always do the sicilians way.call them sicilian but they represent normans.

Who knows one civilization could be ukrainians :no_mouth:

1 Like

It’s the thing I expect. I honestly don’t want to see “Why is there no Poland/Bohemia” threads anymore.
Those are IMO the most natural picks, even though they will leave the Slavs civ in an extremely awkward position considering they represent Poland too (at least in the history section).

I’m already seeing the “Why introduce Slavs 2.0 and Teutons 2.0” thread though which I personally understand.

5 Likes

The four campaigns of ageIV is going to about William the Conqueror and his heirs (1047-1215) (confirmed) and the others is going to about Genghis Khan and his heirs (1206-1291),Joan of Arc (1429-1431) and Saladine (1174-1193) (to confirm)…

1 Like

Hope not. We’ve basically got 3 of those in aoe2 as is

3 Likes

But Slavs shield is Ukranian CoA with trident of Sviatoslav of Kievan Rus.

2 Likes

I would prefer Charlemagne and some Chinese or Delhi campaign over those three

1 Like

The Burgundians in the game and the original, Germanic Burgundians are two different groups.

This is more easily understood in French, with both groups having distinct names: Bourguignons for the 100-year war era civ (and used for the playable civ), and Burgondes for the germanic people. Of course, the Burgondes gave their name to Burgundy (Bourgogne), which the Bourguignons got their name from.

This is actually kind of the same relation between the Franks (Germanic people) and the French which derived their name from them while keeping their Latin identity.

Also I think a lot of people missed the real reason why the Burgundians were added in a DLC: I think it just comes down to a wink to the original game, where the Burgundians played an infamous role in the Joan of Arc campaign and even had an appearance in Barbarossa. Dukes of the West also added an Edward Longshanks campaign, and a campaign showing the Burgundian side of the 100-year war.

2 Likes

Well to be fair, it won’t be as asymmetrical as SC2, and its not like this game doesnt have balance updates too 20 years later.

I’m hyped about AoE4, AoM was assymetrical and was my favourite game, I think it will all reduce on how balanced the game is on release, and how fast they update all possible “mistakes” of a new game.

new civs pls, at least 3 civs

2 Likes

Ukrainians are Rus’, correct

2 Likes

Why divide the Kievan Rus’ in two based on modern politics? Lol, they will be united again soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kiev + Novgorod = :heart:

1 Like

So, just the Rus? Because factions are way to similar to be separate factions.

1 Like

because they are the same thing

But looking at the Indian Suncontin, we can see that the only long-standing country there was the Mughal Empire, the rest quickly rose and fell.

It makes sense to comment that the Indian umbrella is bad. But even worse is the commenting by Indian fanatics that only India deserves civs. Teutons and Slavs are the same abuse and terrible umbrella as the Indian umbrella. If someone says that India needs new civs, while the Slavs and Germans don’t need it, that person doesn’t want the best for the game and other players. Simply put, such a person is an Indian nationalist.

Dawn of the Dukes will bring us a new Eastern European civs. It will surely bring some new Slavic civs to crush that horrible Slavs umbrella. So we’ll see what the creators come up with regarding Eastern Europe.

In the case of Germany you say 2 new civs are bad, it is unnecessary. Same people want 15 civs from India. Who needs 15 civs from India alone? I think people would prefer 15 civs from Asia than just India.

If India would receive 4 new civs, the Germans deserve 2 civs!

I know. I don’t know what this comment is for.

It is worth adding that the Swiss, for example, were Calvinists, northern Germany mostly Lutherans, and southern Germans were Catholics.

You’re right. If the topic concerns Eastern Europe, then Eastern Europe should be discussed.

It is a pity that Indian fanboys come to every topic to destroy the topic…

Dividing an Indian umbrella is the same as dividing any umbrella…

Size does not mean quality.
Adding 15 Indian civs wouldn’t make any sense as you wouldn’t have ideas for UU etc.
Copy and paste Elephant units. At least half of the Indian civs would be like that.

If adding 4 Indian civs, add also 2 German civs.

Ukrainians, Belarusians and Russians were very much alike at that time. The present Slavs represent these East Slavic peoples. It is enough to rename this civ to Ruthenians.

4 Likes