Next DLC - consideration

Once more: source of the sales figures for each game?

steamspy.
literally gives you a ballpark number of units sold.
aoe 1 500k to 1 million
aoe2 2 to 5 million
aoe3 200k to 500k
and thatā€™s just on steam.

1 Like

I donā€™t consider steamspy reliable. Sorry. But if you do, go for it.

1 Like

and yet it more or less has the same data for number of active users you had. so it canā€™t be that unreliable.

furthermore again - your numbers only account for active STEAM USERS. they donā€™t include those on the microsoft store. which again AOE1 didnā€™t release on steam right away (a year and a half of microsoft store only), do your numbers account for those on the microsoft store? doubtful. guess which is going to have more microsoft store users? thatā€™s right. the one that was MS store exclusive for a year and a half.

1 Like

Caucusus DLC
Armenia
Georgia

Luckily the devs have a historical architecture template for a Caucasus DLC, The Caucasus had such a uniquely distinct Architecture that can be beautifully implemented in game.

With the following architectures:
Georgia: New Caucasian set
Armenia: Caucasian ,ME Hybrid set
Byzantines+Sicilians Medi (Dark+Fudal), ME (Castle+Imp) Hybrid set.
+A new castle design for the Byzantines.

Armenia has a highly intense and interesting history as well as beautiful architecture.
That entire region is packed with intrigue,history,battles and culture .
The region, leaders , culture, units/soldiers and tactics of the Armenians were highly different from that of Georgia, though they are perfect for allies of one another thus both deserve to be in game as a separate civ.

2 Likes

dont forget the best of all, AoM

2 Likes

the best of all is aoe2.

1 Like

no georgians come from asia and stil live there. just their montaismns are in europ. cumans are asian

technically they are Caucasians (the same as Arabians, Europeans)

ok but dont call em european its bs

They live in the european continent right?

1 Like

Devs said they look at name recognission when selecting things to add.

2 Likes

Mat, they, steamspy, use the data from steamdb for the active users (see at the bottom of their website), so of course the data will be the same.

In addition, if AOE:DE was more successful than AOE3:DE, why was it abandoned by the devs? The content for AOE:DE is just a sporadic patch every large number of months, while AOE3:DE is getting regular patches, already has a new civ, and they have announced a new expansion for it.

In short, active users, reviews given, and the post-launch content seems to indicate that AOE3:DE is more successful than AOE:DE.

And since this is off topic, I am ending the conversation here. Thanks.

I really hope that the next DLC should be either in Asia or in Africa, but not in Europe.

Europe is already saturated with civs.

2 Likes

The Olmecs were alredy gone for almost 1 000 years by the time that AoE2 startsā€¦

3 Likes

Oriental Cross DLC
-Nubians with Bedouin Camel Scouts and Makurian Bowmen.
-Georgians with Panther Knights.
-Turks campaign.

This is my suggestion.

Well, look at the UU they a for the Poles or the Bulgarians, I dont think that it matters as much

1 Like

Well those civilization names have more than enough name recognission,which do you find more familiar swiss or olmec?

1 Like

Olmecs didnt exist on the middle ages tbh.

Either way you know a good way to make expansions for civs that arent as recongnizable? Doing larger expansions.

1 Like

I think the devs are going with the 2 civilization and few different buildings units approach to save money and time.but who knows maybe they will do a dlc with 4 to 5 civilization.