Next DLC - consideration

no or we can justget 1 or 2 more dlcs til is enough

9 slots more so a dlc with 3 civis would be a good number to round off.

i dont even wanna so many it will be to much already

I want some more civs, especially considering that the last few ones didnā€™t cover any new world region.

A few more South Asian, African and American civs would be nice and you wouldnā€™t even necessarily need a new architecture set for those like with LotW and DotD.

5 Likes

Then I vote for Kartvelians

Is it possible to have a hybrid set? If so I think they should change the Huns half way.

One good thing about this dlc is that it puts aside the problem of having civi names clashing with the umbrella name, slavs polish and bulgarians. Now we can have indians alongside tamils and bengals without any issues.

2 Likes

That was South East asia

3 Likes

Europe has already been well represented already and yet they added 4 more civs . Iā€™d say that Europe has enough civilizations for now. South America , India , East Asia and Sub Saharan Africa must be given more love .

1 Like

It is entirely possible to give a civ a hybrid set.

I did it for my Byzatines on my ā€˜ā€˜Historical Accuracyā€™ā€™ mod.
Giving the Byzantines and Sicillians Mediteranian Dark and Feudal archutecture and Middle Eastern Castle and Imerial archutecture.

I even gave my Nomadic civs, Mongols, Tatars , Huns (eventhough they have no houses) Yurts as houses.

For the Mongols I gave one set of Yurts in dark and feudal age and other Yurts in Castle and Imp.
For Tartars I gave Yurts in dark and Feudal age and the default Tatar buildings for Castle and Imp.

I even altered the Castles of the Mongols (Their castle now looks like their wonder)and the Huns (Gave them the Tatar castle).

For the ME civs I changed their dark and feudal houses to be Berber tents that progressively change to the default ME houses. (As well as their dark age barraks)
And for the WE civs I gave the Pavilion tents as their dark age houses and barraks.

2 Likes

Itā€™s Tatar bro, not Tartar :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe he wants to serve 'em up with sauce!

1 Like

My appologies, I rectified it.

But wasnā€™t steak Tatar namend as such due to the Tatar practice of keeping raw meat in their sadels , drying it out like biltong ,thus preserving it for long ongoing travels whilst on campaign?

Is there a connection between steak Tatar and Tartar sauce?

1 Like

Yes, it is a french word, but referencing the Tatars.
The french used to name dishes and items after foreign peoples, to imply they were exotic, and sell them to orientalists and other cultural fetishists, that did not know better.

It was a marketing ploy.

7 Likes

it is both, albeit ā€˜tartarā€™ is way less common as it is mainly used as a sauce name - not a people

1 Like

Next DLCs with the exact same concept as LotW and DotD:

Might of the Maharajas

New civs:

• Cholas/Tamils (South Asian)
  • Pala/Bengals (South Asian)

New campaigns

• New Persian campaign (Mahmud Ghaznavi)
  • Tamil campaign (Rajendra Chola)
  • Pala campaign (Dharmapala)

Mansas and Sultans

New civs

• Kanembu (Sahel African)
  • Swahili/Somali (Sahel African)

New campaigns:

• New Turkish Campaign ( Mehmed the Conqueror or Suleiman the Magnificient)
  • Kanem Bornu campaign (Idris Alooma)
  • Somali/Swahili (To be honest, not sure, but the Adal Sultanate lead various wars against Ethiopia so this could be potentially something good for campaigns e.g. Badlay ibn Saā€™ad ad-Din)

Gifts from the Gods

• Tlaxcaltecs (Mesoamerican)
  • Chimu (Mesoamerican)

New campaigns

• Maya campaign (Pacal the Great)
  • Tlaxcaltec campaign (Obvious, the other perspective from the Aztec campaign, similar to Burgundy within Joan of Arc)
  • Rise of the Chimu empire (other options and more details here: New civ concept: The Chimu

Those are just a few ideas. If you have better suggestions, feel free to critize.

9 Likes

I think you meant Tlaxcala.

To be honest, Tlaxcalans would just be another Aztecs, they even had the same unit types, and similar culture. I would go for Tarascans, and do a campaign on defending from the Aztecs, as it would make the Aztecs into the aggressor they historically were, not the helpless defenders that got stomped on by Spain.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve corrected it very fast but not fast enough apparently. Would be a way to get Nahuatl voice lines. Would be a similar addition like Sicilians in the Meso sphere. Could go for Tarascans though.

4 Likes

I think the developers should release larger DLCs from time to time. DLC with 2 civs + 3 campaigns is not enough - I prefer to pay more, but get more for it.

I think the creators could create 2-3 larger DLCs (4-5 civs): African, Forgotten Empires 2.0 and Balkans-Caucasus. Between these DLCs there could appear smaller LotW-like and DotD-like DLCs, e.g. Indian DLC (Bengalis, Dravidians + Punjabi), South American DLC (Chimu and Muisca), North American DLC (Mississippians and Tarascans), Icy DLC (Finns and Inuit) and Last European DLC (Bavarians, Venetians and Aragonese).

In this case, I think the developers should now release a large African DLC and then 2 American small DLCs (South American DLC and North American DLC). After adding love for Africa and America, the creators should move on to Asia. Finally, there would be a return to Europe - the Balkans, the Caucasus and the great Western empires. On the occasion of the holidays, it could be done DLC with Inuits and Finns.

If the creators decide that this game will be further developed, I think that they would only then focus on non-European regions - they would have a lot of time to look for non-European inspirations for new DLCs.

3 Likes

Iā€™m honestly willing to put down 30 and up because a lot of games I wanted were disappointing so I got a lot of money saved.

2 Likes