November PUP is now available!

Noooo, atzec grew to become one of my favourite civ the past 2 weeks. Why rework now :frowning:

I think the jaguars are actually nerfed by these changes. Can we lower their stats less pls?

5 Likes

BEST (20 characters) GAME EVER.

6 Likes

This is a pretty big nerf if you ask me.
Lowering the base stats will also significantly lower the bonuses you get from the 4 cards that could boost them, as those are calculated from the base stats.

In exchange you get more speed and a (relatively good) cost reduction.

Those bonuses could have probably been applied without the nerfs and the unit might have still be fine.
I hope they consider going back on this. Itā€™s not like Fortress age melee infantry was dominating the metaā€¦lol

13 Likes

Those Jaguar Changes will kill aztec in treaty. It means their starting army will be WAY worse, because the Pop efficiency matters a LOT! It also means that you get ā€œlessā€ unit Power for the same amount of gold, and gold is the resource aztec drains fastest in. Its an overall big nerf. Please dont do that.

9 Likes

Greatā€¦ Now this unit is even more useless than it was before in the treaty.

Just simple calculation (numbers only for example):

Example

If a skirmisher deals 100HP damage to a warrior with 300HP per one shot and he is able to shoot twice before the warrior reaches him, then he will take 200/300 of the warrior HP, but finally the warrior with the remaining 100/300HP will reach him and kill in melee.

If we reduce the cost of a warrior by half and change the statistics analogically, then the warrior has only 150HP and the skirmisher kills him with the second shot (because two shots take 200HP in total) before he reaches him.

However, after changes our warrior was twice cheaper so I can train a second warrior in return, but it does not change anything, because the second warrior dies in the same way as the previous one, before he reaches enemy skirmisher.

It would be different if both warriors attacked at once, but then population cost would have to be reduced twice as other stats. Another way would be to increase the speed so that the skirmisher is only able to take one shot before the warrior reaches him.

But here the speed change is only 5%, while HP and attack decreased by 20%ā€¦ It is far too low increase.

So, as many others wrote above, the 20% stats reduction should be completely removed, or there should be an option to restore this loss later in the game (through card or upgrade), because now it is de facto just a big and completely redundant nerf to the Aztecs in treaty.

7 Likes

The only reason for this nerf I can think of is that they are afraid of players going for a FF into Jaguars.

But as we all know, at that point most civs will have access and probably try to mass skirmishers and artilleryā€¦ two type of units that directly counter melee infantryā€¦

We had numerous topics about how to get more use out of melee infantry, so itā€™s not like those are dominating the meta.
If they really want to nerf some part of the unit, Iā€™d touch the siege damage, as people tend to not like quick units that an siege down buildings.

3 Likes

Map selection screen from the PUP:

18 Likes

Maybe an optional card for supremacy is the best option as other civs have. Also in sup they have more flexibilty making decks. I proposed this, keeping their before stats at base with that speed change:

1 Like

acredite eu usava jaguar e ototilns na era 2 com astecas e ganhava muitos jogos na ranqueada e um combo muito forte

praticamente ele sĆ£o piqueiros com mais vida e com multiplicador contra infantaria pesada, acredito que eles na era 3 com a combinaĆ§Ć£o de jaguar e ototlins vai ser muito forte

Outlaw pop reduction is looking great! I really really hope that it includes pop reduction for outlaws on Asian maps as well. I canā€™t see why it shouldnā€™t

Where can I find it? Link seems broken now.

1 Like

You have to be logged into steam to see them

2 Likes

Oh, I didnā€™t realize.

1 Like

They did not make a campaign for the Aztecs,since they did not arrive in time to launch the expansion,if for something they also discarded the Incasā€¦luckily,the Aztecs appeared as enemies in the Chinese campaign of The Asian Dynastiesā€¦

1 Like

YES!! I think grenadiers still need a small buff to their attack or maybe a small multiplier vs infantry but this was one of the 3 things i thought it was needed, that multiplier vs cav was crazy, i mean, it should be countered by cav, but skirms have 0.75x and they can still do something if they are 50 vs 5, but sometimes i had 40 grenadiers and to kill 5 hussars it took like a whole minute, and in the meantime i lost like half of my army or more, and that also reduce the viability of grens vs light cav, wich is not meant to be a hard counter but a small counter i think, so i always though grens not 0.75x like skirms, as they have siege attack and etc. then not that, but 0.5x is enough, not 0.3x xd iĀ“m so glad and relieved that they did exactly this, thanks so much, this game is getting amazing things and balance <3.

This is crazy hahhah i loved it i literally took both medicine cards, so my vills costed 85 food and train in 17.5 seconds, and boomed and with 10 wp and 15 vills in the plaza i just took my 84 vills and destroyed the enemies army and city hahaha they get like, more than 31 ranged damage (dont remember quite well) and like 40 melee attack or more, i dont remember and high siege xd

It would be very interesting to see an Aztec campaign! Since we have represented Infante Don Henrique, who was born before 1500, there is no reason not to cover a bit of past history, such as the Aztec conquest of Mesoamerican territories and the fight against the Spaniards, La Noche Triste, etcā€¦ much of the texture of the Aztec emperorā€™s new crown, as they wore turquoise rather than gold crowns. Thereā€™s just one problem, the headdress feathers were painted in the color chosen by the team, and the feathers used on the headdress were Quetzal, always iridescent green. Another thing is that the emperor has a white robe under his cloakā€¦ Well, at least Iā€™ve never seen such a robe on an Aztec emperor. They could have just changed the crown to blue and left the feathers green, without putting that tunic underneath. But you know what I would think really cool? That the Aztecs had a tall temple to crown the city, a war temple of Huitzilopochtli, or a double temple of Huitzilopochtli and Tlaloc, with functions. It would be really cool to be able to retexturize the city too, with colors like white and cream and colorful embellishments, to remind the original city, which was all whitewashed and decorated with paintings here and there.

6 Likes

Here are all of the new aztec skins! I personally like the look of them for the most part, the new JPK run animation is quite satisfying too, the imperial puma spearman banner is even uglier now though imo.

9 Likes

I canĀ“t see this change, is it not implemented yet? does anyone sees it in-game?

1 Like

I think itā€™s not implemented but itā€™s also been reported/tracked.

3 Likes