Old timers check in! We pretend it is 1998!

I have a small shrine in my living room where I can place what I want. Maybe it’s time to add my two original boxes. Let’s see what the wife says

It was crazy. I bought it at Best Buy on a Friday night, installed and started playing. the next thing I knew, the sun was rising… no game has ever consumed me the same way.

@dsreynolds said:
It was crazy. I bought it at Best Buy on a Friday night, installed and started playing. the next thing I knew, the sun was rising… no game has ever consumed me the same way.

Amen. GCSES and A Level Revision time for me was playing ROR under TabooUmbeCSUK with friends over LAN and then going online to the MSN Gaming Zone and getting stomped by players (like BlackGrail/STALIN/Alpha_Sav) who knew the importance of never keeping the TC idle. Then got good and started playing with the knowns like Hill_Berries, RFR_Gold etc

Made me laugh how bad the official ROR strategy guides were, really had to go to Mrfixit, AOE Heaven for tips.

Guess the author picked ‘full tech tree’, good luck running horse archers into siege with ballistics :slight_smile:

I have this book too, when it come a physical version i hope it come a new :smile:

One of the first PC games I got when I was a kid. Still remember that win 98 boot up. lol
Simply one of the best games in terms of gameplay and visuals during its time.

I still play this game sometimes, have an old copy with me!

third world didn’t had the books, had the game though, spent my childhood playing AoE, AoE2, AoM, RoN and their expansions, eagerly waiting for this ^^

I still got my original disk somewhere, I remember I could play the soundtrack off of it in my CD player too.

Win98… hehhee

I continue playing the game always i can… my favorite game… in that time i was playing on zone and IRC-Hispano hahaha

I got the demo on a cd from the library, the second mission was harder than the last!

Also, deforestation on first mission XD

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3bQ-WsquMwE

Bought it within three weeks of release. Remember bringing it home. Remember the retina burn from the giant monitor. Twenty years ago. I remember.

@OrokaJunk said:
Hey guys, I just got this great game from my new Windows 98 PC… something about Rome! Looks fun!

That looks like my desk back in the days

@lethalamby said:

@OrokaJunk said:
Hey guys, I just got this great game from my new Windows 98 PC… something about Rome! Looks fun!

I think every ones pc looked like that back then lol it was the latest model :slight_smile: I still to this day remember my very first game on the Zone playing multiplayer, good times.

I used to insert the AoE CD on my sound system to play the soundtrack at great volume.

Nearly ruined my GCSE’s in '99 because of the demo. I played it so much. I would love for the demo campaign to put in this edition.

I had a similar PC as anyone did back then, and it still boots today. Windows 95, 166Mhz, 32MB RAM 640x480 and a harddisk of 1,95GB :joy:

@ScaryBoot said:

@lethalamby said:

@OrokaJunk said:

I think every ones pc looked like that back then lol it was the latest model :slight_smile: I still to this day remember my very first game on the Zone playing multiplayer, good times.

I remember the days when connecting to multiplayer used to be a chore. Had to abort so many times.

Why not go totally retro and bring back an 8088 processor pc with dual 5.25" floppy drives. It would be ■■■■. :smiley:

WIll my SiS 300 run it?