Once again: pls change the damn Inca team bonus /?/

Myself and @WolfKhanGen didn’t propose any Inca 1v1 bonuses, but you just did.
I proposed changing the Inca team bonus to either the extra lama, or the 15% stone discount, and @WolfKhanGen proposed giving their allies Eagle warriors.
These last 2 might be broken (Imagine Mongols/Franks/Bulgarians with an extral 15% discount on Castles & Kreposts, or Goths with Eagles), but unlike your proposals

they leave the Inca 1v1 play as-is

I agree that not every team bonus has to be strong, and I’d argue it’s a good thing if some of them are considerably stronger than others. This is not a team bonus. This is a team tradeoff. You could change the Incan team bonus to be almost nothing and it’d arguably be a buff to the civ in team games at the very least.

I agree with the OP. The bonus has the real possibility of being detrimental to allies and it’s upside (as small as it is) through the entire game is practically entirely negated if one farm’s reseed value is lost. I don’t know what should be changed about it, but something must. Maybe something as simple as making it so the faster creation time on farms is tied to the upgrades, so that pre-Horse collar farms won’t be affected, and thus won’t complete prior to the Horse collar research.

+1 carry capacity increase farming speed by around 4.5%. Obviously you will maxed out at farming after Handcart but still having almost 5% faster farming before that it’s a very strong bonus as a Team Bonus as well as in 1v1 despite sounds really cool.

Yes exactly the effect of the second farming tech. But it is an early game buff, right?

How about something like houses costing a bit less wood or being built a bit faster? A small, but still welcome eco boost for you and your allies.

2 Likes

Yeah, but you usually only get that around the 20 minute mark. Having it earlier will increase the castle age time of your whole team (except for khmer) significantly. That is quite strong. It would give Incas a reason to be picked in team games though.

1 Like

Nice catch. Incas is really not that appealing in TG. But having almost 5% faster farming just because you have a particular ally is really OP.

Actually just realized, I think the bigger problem with that is, that its just the Aztec bonus light as a team bonus. Doesn’t really make sense imo.

Is it worth more that having a Mayan ally though?
If Incas don’t have an ‘OP’ team bonus, why would you ever pick Incas rather than Mayans in a team game?

No. Mayans is one of the best TG flank civ. There is no comparison here.

No but that does not mean I have to prefer an OP Team Bonus. Also you don’t pick civs in TG only based on TB except Spanish (and maybe Saracens nowadays) or Vikings in water map.

And that’s not necessarily the fault of having a bad TB. How often you managed to land a mangonel shot only because you have a Koreans ally? Maybe once per two games or even lower. And still Koreans is probably a better flank over Incas after the patch.

Indeed, Inca’s aren’t weak in team games because of their TB. They’re weak because the don’t have any particularly good archers, and no cav, and no amazing gimmicks like Aztecs do.
So why not give Incas a (very) strong team bonus, so that they become a decent team-game civ?

You argue that you don’t pick civs because of their TB. This is mostly true. For one thing most team bonuses are very minor, for another thing there aren’t many civs with a weak team-game play but a strong TB.
But you already give an exception. Spanish have mediocre team-game play, but a very good TB, so sometimes you pick them. Why couldn’t the same be done for Incas?

I created a topic ONLY ABOUT THE INCA team bonus

Not about changing the whole civ, commenitng on the strengths and weakness of Incas in 1v1 game and not about other stuff… Just talk about the team bonus , pls ! 11

I suggest +2 p armor and +10% speed for trade carts

1 Like
  1. This will make them stronger in 1v1 and I believe most of us don’t want that.
  2. With some other civs in same team like Slavs/Khmer/Franks/Vikings and even Berbers/Aztecs this will go completely out of hand.

Sounds really cool to me. Why not just give +20% HP instead of only extra PA. Is this extra speed coming with a penalty like it used to be for Trade Cogs and Berbers Trade Cogs? Also we can’t know
how much extra gold you will get from extra speed.

Eco buildings are built 100% faster :smiley: That affects farms as well as any dropoff building + market. Easiest enhancement of the current bonus to be somewhat useful.

2 Likes

Saw that on a comment in Ornlu’s latest video. He also added house instead of market and then lowered it to 50%.

@Vengeance01987
Yes throughout all this my suggestion for a very strong team bonus has been to turn the 15% stone discount into a team bonus. No changes at all to the Inca 1v1 gameplay, Inca’s already get a 15% stone discount.

Nope it wouldn’t. See above. @Vengeance01987 also suggests a strong team bonus which wouldn’t effect the 1v1 strength.

Please see your earlier comment

With a medium-strength TB, Mayans will still be the preferred ally. As long as {team with Mayans} is always preferred over {team with Incas}, I don’t see the point of Incas even being pickable in team games. So it’d be good if there are some teams you can conceive of that would benefit a lot from the team bonus.

Turning the 15% stone discount into a TB is extremely strong, and I understand it could be OP in the sense that Incas would become one of the top 3 team game civs.
But no-one has tried to argue that. People have only tried to argue that proposed team-bonuses are OP because they’re useful and strong in some situations & compositions. That’s the same level as logic as that guy who claimed the Cuman 2nd TC was OP, because you could build it before your opponent. Or that eagles are OP because they cost only 20 food. Strong things aren’t necessarily OP, it depends on the context of the civ.

Let me turn this argument into a question:
At which % stone discount team bonus would you (sometimes) start to prefer having an Incan ally over having a Mayan ally?

With how much stone discount team bonus do Incas become stronger in team games than Mayans are? (The stone discount for the Inca player remains fixed at 15%.)
  • 0%
  • 5%
  • 10%
  • 15%
  • 20%
  • 25%
0 voters

Why increasing farming rate will not make a civ stronger in 1v1?

I like the stone bonus applying to each player. It matters with castles (and to a lesser extent walling). Doesn’t change the 1v1 value of the civ in any way, and makes it appealing to everyone.

2 Stone for a Mayan / Incan stone wall sounds very cheap, but it’s only possible in a team game, for an off meta option, that requires two civs team bonuses to work together. Sounds fine when you realize how many building blocks work together for it.

The other potentially scary option is Frankish Castles costing 390-415 Stone (depending how they calculate multiple percentages affecting each other).

The 3v3 team of Frank Pocket, Mayan / Incan flanks is indeed scary in Castle. That’s probably okay honestly.

Sounds to me like it just increases the pick rate for Incas in Team games, and that’s it. Which is the intent.

it seems more balanced if you make a -10% civs bonus + -10% as a team bonus, just like Saracens, and an additional -5% compensates for the loss of increased farm creation speed(feel free to praise my idea :yum: :smirk:)

1 Like

Incas will always have the gimmick of being the offensive version of the healing fortress.

Team Bonus: Infantry Melee Units + 1 pierce armor

In 1 vs 1 will give incas more viability on their eagles and kamyuks by a small margin (they likely still won’t go for champs)

While giving their allies a well sought after team bonus.