̶[̶P̶o̶l̶l̶]̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶c̶i̶v̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶A̶o̶e̶2̶?̶ ̶A̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶o̶p̶u̶l̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶c̶i̶v̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶l̶u̶d̶e̶d̶

Everyone please move to this updated poll/thread:

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

̶C̶h̶o̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶i̶v̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶A̶o̶e̶2̶ ̶(̶i̶n̶ ̶b̶r̶a̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶r̶o̶x̶i̶m̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶p̶u̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶i̶v̶i̶l̶i̶z̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶)̶

0 voters

Few more additions to the list:

Please consider them as well.

Below are the maps of Areas of Influence of the above civilizations

Afghan - Durrani Empire

Alan - Migration of the Alans

Armenians - Kingdom of Armenia

Bengali - Sultanate of Bengal

Burgundians - Kingdom of Burgundy

Benin - Benin Kingdom

Cherokee - Cherokee Nations

Caribs - probable extent in the 16th century

Chimu - Chimor

Dutch - Anachronous Dutch Colonial Empire

Georgian - Georgian empire with tributaries

Iroquois - Iroquois Confederacy

Jurchen - Jin dynasty

Kanembu - Kanem–Bornu Empire

Khazars - Khazar Khaganate

Kongolese - Kingdom of Kongo

Mapuche - Mapuche region

Mississipians - Approximate areas of various Mississippians

Muisca - Muisca Confederation

Nubians - Kush Kingdom

Oriya - Gajapatis

Poles - Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth

Polynesians - Polynesian Migrations

Pueblos - Puebloans

Siamese - Kingdom of Siam

Sinhalese - Sri Lanka

Somalis - Somali people

Songhai - Songhai Empire

Swahili Swahili Civilization

Swiss - Swiss Confederacy

Tamils - Chola Dynasty

Tibetans - Great Tibet

Toltecs - Toltecs

Tarascans - Tarascan

Tlaxcalans - Tlaxcala

Vandals - Vandal Kingdom

Uyghurs - Uyghur Khaganate

Vlachs - Vlach–Bulgarian Empire

Zapotecs - Zapotec civilization

Zimbabweans - Kingdom of Zimbabwe

Thanks to @CheshireWig3203 for making this list. I did the research on the civs and collected the images and other data. Hope this is informative enough. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

mad props for the effort this took to put together @Juggernaut8704 and @CheshireWig3203. My vote is more love for Africa and the Americas.

4 Likes

Great poll mate but incoming comments be like “The devs stated that there are no more civs to be added”.

3 Likes

he already knows that, this to me is more speculation and for fun then actually asking if this will happen.

@Juggernaut8704 are those populations as they stand today or is that from back when they were in aoe2 era?

2 Likes

Population is as they stand today.
It is hard to find data for american civs, some are near extinct now.

3 Likes

thank you, and very understandable about being hard to find the population of some of them.

2 Likes

My previous poll was moved to the existing new civs thread btw.

What about the Bohemians?

1 Like

Even if it’s true, here’s to hoping someone makes some custom civs, who knows maybe we even get a"rise of the rajas" type equivalents in the future…

1 Like

The best thing would probably be a Forgotten/The Conquerors approach if they every plan to add new civs.

Take a DLC featuring Iroquois, Kongolese, Mapuche, Siamese and Tamils and you would have a great expansion. Only issue is that it might require 2 or more different new architecture sets but with a price tag similar to the previous DLC and the value of AOE2:DE overall it would be fair I guess. They’ve basically made three new architecture sets for it.

1 Like

I have not counted how many civi are africans but I guess that if the age need New civi have to meso americans because there are only three

both africa and america have 3 civilizations (Africa is Berbers, Ethiopians, Malians) and (Americas is Aztecs, Incas, Mayans).

2 Likes

Indian Subcontinent is also severely lacking (only 1 civ)

3 Likes

Just a correction: Cherokee and Iroqouis are the same civilization, Cherokee is one of the tribes of the Federation.

1 Like

I dont want any new civs. This option is non existing?!

1 Like

Then do not vote.
This poll is only for civs people would like to see in AoE2.

1 Like

The Cherokees and the Iroquois seperated 3000-4000 years ago. I do think Cherookee would be the best 4th North American civilization after the Iroquois, Pueblos and Mississippians

I think the Vandal civilization should cover the Alans, their UU would be the Alan Horseman

1 Like

Maybe also Tupis :wink: ?

3 Likes

Sounds interesting. They could have the same archtitecture with Polynesians and Caribs.

1 Like

Not in the Middle Ages, which is where AoE2 goes to.
The best chance for Cherokee, would be on an Iroquois umbrella.

If I had to choose 4 North-Am civs, I would go with:
-Mississipians (Defensive and Gunpowder civ)
-Iroquois (Infantry and Monk civ)
-Tarascans (American Cavalry civ)
-Pueblo (Defensive and Economic civ)

Though, to be honest, I would just go with 3 civs for North-Am, just like we have 3 for Meso and South-Am.

1 Like

Tarascans are in Middle America and didnt use horses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarascan_state

and I wouldnt give Mississippians gunpowder

Tarascans would be an Archer civ
Mississippians would be an Infantry civ
Pueblo would be a Defensive civ
Iroquois would be a Defensive and Infantry civ

2 Likes