̶[̶P̶o̶l̶l̶]̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶c̶i̶v̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶A̶o̶e̶2̶?̶ ̶A̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶o̶p̶u̶l̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶c̶i̶v̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶l̶u̶d̶e̶d̶

I just want them to finish accomodating adding civs in mods so we don’t have to have threads like this

Only 6 years prior, and serves as the Goths Campaign.

A single battle. All of the game’s units are from the 4th century BC to the 15th.

I do not see any 16th century Musketeers, Arquebusiers, armourless Pikemen, Cuirassiers instead of Knights, Dragoons instead of Cav Archers, Light Cavalry Lancers, Marines, Saber and Buckler Infantry, Culverins, Serpentines, Cannons (only Bombards, which were actually Medieval, instead of Cannon, which is not, and is it’s own weapon type), Abus Guns; and many, many other staples of European, North African and Middle Eastern warfare, on the 16th century.

Instead, I see only Medieval units, because the game only really goes as far as the fall of Constantinople, in terms of represented technology.

This game does not include until the year 1600.
You need to play AoE3 for that.

That was only 1 campaign after 1500 i didn’t mention: Bayinnaung, Montezuma, Francisco De Almeida, Kyoto, Lepanto

Yeah, they did but the last ones all got four.

Also
Toltecs are the predecessors of Aztecs so they are also same civilization.

Vandals are a Roman Era civilization, not fitting in AoE2.

It is more like Toltecs would be something more unnecessary, since we already ahve teh Aztecs, and they had basically the same culture.

It would end up being just a copy of the Aztecs.

Yes, Vandals should be more of an AoE1 civ, and that is a game that is seriously lacking in global civs.

1 Like

Well afghans didn’t use War Elephants. They relied on horses. They were often called Ashvakas in Sanskrit implying good horse riders.

I agree Dari Persian culture of Afghans is very similar to Persians but I look forward to Pashtuns and Baloochs more when talking about Afghans. They certainly were very different from Persians. The Afghan is just a mix of all three of these cultures living in the particular geographical area. The afghan identity as we know it today is reinforced by Ahmad Shah Durrani (1747–1772)

1 Like

I Afghans were to be introduced, it should be under the name Bactrians, which would help cover more of the region’s history, from when they were Nestorians and Buddhists, all the way to the Pashtuns in the late Middle Ages.

But that too would be too Ancient era for Aoe2: Bactria - Wikipedia

1 Like

Everyone please move to this updated poll/thread:

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

1 Like

The Kingdom? Yes.
The civilization? No.

Greco-Bactrians would indeed fit more into AoE1, but general Bactrians stayed until 1000 AD under that name, even if the political entity of the nations had other names.

A bit like you have Celts, and not Scotts.

1 Like

I agree to that point. Same for Vandals as well. They are requested very often.