Performance Issues with AOE III: DE

steam is full atm with performance issues

1 Like

The minimal specs seems like a huge lie

How that old graphics card could handle the game?

Hope that this was true
1 Like

maybe u can play 1v1 with the min specs but i doubt for 3 players+

1 Like

I’m stuck on 53-55 in Skirmish, and in the campaign and historical battles fps just go wild 35-55 back and forth. Changing graphics setting has no effect at all (I went from High to Low and back with the same fps). The game takes around 4gb of video memory (out of 6) and loads graphics card on 70-75% (CPU is on 40-50% workload). Probably some kind of optimization issues, because beta went way better for me (except the last build where I had to tweak folliage setting to get >60fps and it wasn’t stable)

Yeah, the performance is still pretty slow.

1 Like

I don’t think it will be worse, tbh. It probably be same-ish until devs fix this or nvidia release driver update

1 Like

Yep, performance is still worst. Thats what happens when they don’t listen to beta users. This was reported several times. Steam is full of bad reviews due to optimization. Can’t even get 60 FPS.

1 Like

did people buy this game to become lab rat? to help test the performance and stability because they dont have the time to find all the bugs. can we not have this repeat like aoe2de, which after almost a year, is still full of bugs. this really is disheartening i have a feeling aoe4 will be the same.

nvidia ? :smiley: geforce experience cant even find aoe3

1 Like

AoE4 is thankfully being developed by a different developer studio and is given more time. Hasn’t AoE4 been in development for at least 3 years already? (Announced in 2017).

Sorry Forgotten Empires, but you fcked up THREE releases. All three Definitive Editions were full of bugs at release!!!

And the worst thing is: Microsoft resp. World’s Edge approved all three releases!

2 Likes

yep, that’s pretty much what I mean. They had a stable beta late in the summer, so I assume that something went wrong with drivers maybe. It seems like every nvidia card have performance issues. So either one will fix it eventually.

I don’t really think World’s Edge tested performance and optimization things. Also performance problems are barely a week old. I hope these issues will be number one priority and will be fixed pretty fast.

1 Like

Hello friends! We are actively looking at performance issues that have been brought up as of the release of the game, and will be prioritizing them for fixing. If you have not already, please begin by working through the steps in this article—keeping us informed if any of them work for you:

(One of the more notable issues: if you are running your game with greater than 100% super sampling, please turn it down to 100%, as this will cause major performance issues.)

Anyone who continues encountering problems should then reach out to our support team so they can gather additional details:

Please include a copy of your dxdiag (txt), a detailed description of the issue, in-game graphics settings, and any screenshots that include performance metrics or details that you’re seeing. They will then be in contact with our developers so they can begin digging into the cause of these issues for all of you!

Thanks for sharing, and please keep us updated of your progress! :+1:

7 Likes

These and lot of other current issues are things you run into immediately when you play just one single game. Beta tests are there to find issues which are hard to detect. The current major issues are not and could have been avoided.

2 Likes

minha placa e uma rx 550 2 gb e um procesador ryzen 3 1200 e ta travando muito mesmo estando no baixo eo jogo fica com tudo borrado

ryzen 2700, rx 580 8gb, 16gb ram, 50 - 57 fps, gpu usage at 90 - 94%, it lacks optimization by amd driver and developers I guess

2 Likes

You see current performance issues weren’t a thing before latest beta, so I doubt anyone could find it beforehand. Another thing is that you run you’re copy of a game on your computer, and devs run on theirs (that have different and probably more powerfull specs), so it may not happened for them. I mean I’m as frustrated as you are, but things are way complicated that you think of them. Especially if devs upgraded old engine like they did for AoE2 (which is an enormous amount of work were litterally everything can go south in any given moment).

1 Like

For anyone experiencing dips as low as 6 FPS on the Steam platform, please check out this thread for a potential workaround that we hope helps people enjoy the game until we can implement a permanent solution:

2 Likes

I have a Windows 10 from 2018 that runs Age 2 DE perfectly fine, yet Age 3 runs as badly on it as an older computer.

=UPDATE=

Today’s Steam hotfix contains a fix aimed at freeing all the frames for those of you experiencing a low frame cap. You can check out the update here:

2 Likes