Persia civ suggestion

Zamburak is a good idea to give to the Persians so we wouldn’t have to add in a common camel soldier. Whether Ottomans will have camel units or not, they of course would most certainly be given the Middle Eastern building set if the Persians or some other non-Ottoman Middle Eastern civ gets added.

1 Like

Yes maybe Qizilbash cavalry archer with very fast firing speed or extra range in comparison to other cavalry archers in game :bow_and_arrow:

Zamburaks were one of the royal guard units in the Persian army . A Persian zamburak regiment would be accompanied by musicians with huge camel mounted drums in order to create even more noise & impress the enemy. Zamburak’s main weapon was a small falconet but in AOE III they are weaker than the dragoons !!! They have very poor siege attack - poor range & …
They are toy guns in AOE III . I think Persian Zamburak should be 2 pop cap unit instead of 1 pop cap & they should have access to some powerful cards (Damage - Range - Siege attack - Multiplier against cannons …)

1 Like

About other Persian cavalry units , they can add Persian lancer & Persian hussar (Divsar) . (I mentioned them in my topic above)

1 Like

amazing concept! i was brainstorming some ideas for Persians myself and i had a more gimmicky idea for them. I haven’t thought about every single detail about the civ, but i have the main takeaways decided. I’ll use the names you provided since i’m useless in that department

Infantry Units:
Tofangchi: Musketeer armed with a shamshir for close combat. Have the same stats as a regulaur musket but are much better in close combat
Like the Ottomans, their skirm is found in the artillery foundry

Cavalry units
Divsars: A hussar but faster and more expensive
Persian/Iranian Lancer: A Divsar with a lance, can only be sent from the home city and costs several population
Camel Rider: a Hussar that also has an anti cav bonus
Persian dragoon (needs name): Faster Dragoon but more expensive

Artillery
Zarambuk (Rename the Indian’s dragoon to camel gunner or something): Camel with a swivel gun, very fast in limber mode and in order to go into bombard mode it has to lay on its belly. Once in bombard mode it can fire on enemy infantry with devastating effect. Replaces the Skirm, but takes bonus damage from muskets as a sacrifice for greater speed and hitpoints.
Would also have variations of basic artillery

Home City Cards
(Of course it would have more cards than just these)
(Team) Persian Horses: Horses are faster, delivers some Persian/Iranian Lancer, and (only for the persian player) lowers the cost of their stable units
British Modernization: Replaces all Zamzama with rockets, allows for the creation of more expensive longbows, ships an army from the British Consulate and/or a factory wagon, cheapens allying with the British in the consulate while making allying with the Russians more expensive. Increases your frigate limit by 1 and stops you from sending the next card
Russian Modernization: Replaces all Zamzama with heavy cannons, allows for the creation of more expensive strelets, ships an army from the Russian Consulate and/or a factory wagon, cheapens allying with the Russians in the consulate while making allying with the British more expensive. Also allows you to create blockhouses and stops you from sending the previous card
(The 2 cards just mentioned would need some balance tweaks of course, but the reason for them is because Iran had 2 major powers sitting next door to them who were potential allies. You may ask about an Ottoman modernization card, but the Ottomans and Persians didn’t get along too well. But the Age games are essentially an alternate history, so i’ll make a potential yet unlikely idea for them)
Ottoman Modernization: Replaces all Zamzama with great bombards, allows for the creation of more expensive abus guns, ships an army from the Ottoman Consulate and/or a factory wagon, cheapens allying with the Ottomans in the consulate while making allying with the British and Russians more expensive. Also allows you to hire Mediterranean mercenary armies at the monastery and stops you from sending any of the previous 2 cards (if this card would be added, the other cards would make the Ottomans more expensive)
If we wanted to we could add a version for the 4th civ at the consulate
Shah’s favor: makes home city shipments cheaper

Navy:
Like Indians but instead of caravels they get galleys

Wonders
idk the history of the wonders, so im only going to state their abilities
Wonder 1: ships some Persian/Iranian Lancers and makes them not take up any population, but act like native units with their own population. Every time the Persian/Iranian Lancer population is not at maximum, this wonder will train them (for free) until they reach the desired population. Can be upgraded to increase the Persian/Iranian Lancer limit
Wonder 2: ships rice paddy wagons and allows rice paddies to generate wood.
Wonder 3: ships a massive amount of export and acts as a consulate with bigger armies available.
Wonder 4: acts as a larger TC which creates vills faster. It can be upgraded to be able to create infantry. Ships a number of villagers.
Wonder 5: can be built very fast instead of shipping anything and once built it provides 30 pop

Just a side note:
ik Persians stopped using elephants, but as an alternative to your town militia, maybe you could train a Drunk elephant, which doesnt attack anything until provoked or commanded to, and when its provoked it attacks everything and, and you can’t control it. The mahout ontop of the elephant is armed with a mace so that you can delete the unit if it goes towards your vills. an inaccurate idea, but i thought i’d leave it out there

3 Likes

Savaran or Aswaran are too Medieval, I am afraid.

From the Sassanid Empire.

2 Likes

i’ll just change them to Persian/Iranian Lancer

2 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed my topic my friend :slightly_smiling_face:
Seems you have some cool ideas about possible Persian civilization in future for our great AOE III DE . I will be happy to hear more suggestions & ideas , and also I will be glad to answer your questions about Persia during AOE III era . Tomorrow I will go to the military service & I will back after 2 months . Then I will answer your questions (sorry for long delay but I have no choice) . I think when I back we will hear some news about African expansion. After the release of the African expansion (I think 2022) if we are lucky we will get the 3rd or maybe final expansion for AOE III DE & Persia is one of the candidates for new Asian civilizations (Asia did not received any new civ in DE yet).
Good luck everyone
Let’s make AOE great again :heart:

6 Likes

Be careful out there, man. Seems like another war is brewing in the Middle East, and that water always boils over it’s borders.

2 Likes

Thank you my friend :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:
War is only good in video games & movies

2 Likes

Funny enough, taht is what the main creator of Total Annihilation (really old but very complex RTS game that changed the genre forever) said in an interview.

War is cool… in toys and videogames.

1 Like

Best of luck to you. Stay safe, brave warrior.

5 Likes

Thank you very much :pray:t2::+1:t2::pray:t2:
Good luck everyone
Best wishes :heart:

1 Like

Yes, about the descendants of Tamerlan.

We should have a campaign based on Nader Shah’s campaigns.

7 Likes

It will be great campaign :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

8 Likes

what we need is to know if Nader Shah would be a kind or insulting AI :wink:

1 Like

I think he will definitely be powerful AI

3 Likes

I just loved the effort, sadly I didn’t get to see this earlier. Amazing job mate. As a Persian, I would love to play with Afsharid/Safavid. Hopefully we get them as an expansion or a single DLC.

7 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed my topic :+1:t2:
I hope they keep supporting AOE III DE by adding more content :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

A Middle East expansion would be nice after the African expansion.

11 Likes