Persia civ suggestion

Persians, Moroccans and Omani (or Arabs) - middle eastern DLC.

6 Likes

Here’s to hoping AOE3 gets more content cus AOE is dead dead

2 Likes

We already have Mughal empire in AOE III so for single player campaign I suggest Mughal - Persian wars

For historical battles I suggest battle of Karnal & battle of Kheyber pass (They were great battles :ok_hand:t2:)

pardisgame-naders-blade-1

7 Likes

European movie version:

Hollywood movie version:

The joke just writes itself!

7 Likes

is it possible for artillery in limber mode to have a separate attack? would be quite cool if Zamburakchi could use a sword in melee combat after a home city shipment, allowing them to turn into a slower and overall worse version of a hussar in case you get ambushed or notice a culverin

1 Like

During the Nadir Shah period, the Avshars had largely conquered central Asia. In my opinion, the AvƟar Empire can be built in this period. I know you have a very strong army. They were using zamburak. They were also in competition with the Ottoman Empire. (1st Mahmut period.) Later, Nadir Shah declared her loyalty to the caliphate, that is, to the Ottoman Empire, and friendship was established. I think it corresponds to the 1700s. They had an army of about 300,000 men. I think it was the most powerful Persian-Turkish empire at that time. They were stronger than the Safavids. The one with the blue flag.
Nader Shah
Afsharid Empire

1 Like

Well I think Persian Zamburakchi should be 2 pop cap unit & needs many unique cards :

• Card that allows them to counter enemy cannons from long range for few seconds (Like culverins)
  • Card that increases their siege attack so they will become cool mobile artilleries for destroying enemy buildings
  • Card that reduces their reload times
  • 

1 Like

Well yes my friend I think ottomans are a must consulate civ for the Persians alongside russians - brits & portuguese .
I think in historical battles they need to focus on amazing Mughal - Persian wars like battles of Karnal & Khyber pass .
It will be amazing DLC :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Persian Jazayerchi skirmishers were very well trained units in the Persian army .
Imagine having them in game & they are skirms that can run fast like chimu runners so they can escape some artillery shots & also escape cav units & run back to the Tofangchi (Persian musketeer units) to protect them .

4 Likes

If they add Persia in next DLC (maybe 2022) , I want them to be a fast hit & run civilization with fast units . What do you think about other DLC civ beside Persia ? (Seems they will add 2 civ DLC again like African royals) Omani ? Morocco ?
What do you think about the name of the next DLC ?
Islamic civilizations ?

2 Likes

if a central Asian DLC ever comes out, Persians should be added

7 Likes

i definitely want to see Persia, be it as an individual faction or in a package with some other nation (Siam or Morocco?)

also just odd that AOE 3 is the only AOE game without them, all be they obviously weren’t as important as they where in previous eras they are still a fairly large nation that avoided full colonization.

2 Likes

me too (except i was think of 3 pop but it can be lowered), but i was thinking of it as a mounted abus gun. (Persians could have camel artillery which would be culverins + heavy cannons) so instead of these first 2

would be cool if they had different abilities like the desert warrior so it can be unique to stand out from gatling camels and indian zamburaks,

some card ideas i had were
Wasps: increases speed and bonus damage of zamburaks
Shah’s Royal Guards: (would also affect the lancer and Qurchi) have a fealty affect when surrounded by other Zamburaks, lancers, and Qurchi to a limit and allows them to generate export in combat
Swivel cannon: increases the firing rate
Advanced Tupchi: (affects all artillery) moves, unpacks, and fires faster, as well as taking 1 less pop space
Shamshirs: arms your zamburak with a shamshir while in limber mode (as well as increase melee infantry attack)

100% agree

might be a bit weird though since they were always fighting eachother
 but i can’t pass up any civ with an ottoman brigade!

its enough for its own campaign imo, they need to add a definitive campaign with battles of the incas, persians, and others

that would have to be part of their identity
in the russian-persian wars the russians were outnumbered (hard to believe i know) but since they were more industrialized they won
Since the identity of a spam civ is already taken, a fast and mobile civ would be nice to have

Siam all the way, since both of them weren’t fully colonized if i remember correctly
anyways its an excuse to abolish the religous settlement system by adding new native civs like pashtuns, tamils, mysore (just for the rockets), cambodian, thai, etc for south asia (east asia can be touched when they add koreans). the whole religious settlement thing always felt weird to me
call it the Asian resistors? warlords? idk

1 Like

Persians would be a perfect civ that could also bridge the gap between the Ottomans and the Indians.

8 Likes

Well Dutch is also another appropriate consulate civ for Persia because they had relations with them , they also had some islands in Persian gulf like portuguese but they lost them to persians in wars

2 Likes

France is also a possible consulate option for Persians too

1 Like

do i see a historical battle idea?

1 Like

I prefer this :
1- Mughal - Persian wars
2 - Persian - Portuguese wars
3 - Ottoman - Persian wars
4 - Russo - Persian wars

2 Likes

So anyways, in a future DLC where the Persians get added, we’ll most certainly be introduced to the Middle Eastern building set which would be given to the Ottomans and the Persians.

2 Likes

Possible Persian villager portrait

Niquab

7 Likes