Persia civ suggestion

Does the game even need more Civs ? It already had 19 Civs which is more than double that is the Civs in Vanilla . While I’m always up for Persians and Barbary states , i wouldn’t want them to be added in the near future . Imo , the devlopers should focus on balancing the (new) civs and adding Historical Campaigns and Battles. Single player content is where I think AoE3 falls flat compared to it’s predecessor and it’s upcoming successor .

Balancing new civs is something that 100% will happen in game .
I don’t think they will add additional single player campaign for AOE 3 DE , the only possible thing is another DLC like African royals with 2 new civs , some historical battles & some new maps
I think adding persia beside 2nd new civilization is possible in future .

4 Likes

Not if they are >19 civs that are all quite different .

I think they really should . Campaigns are good for should showcase a civilisation’s strengths and weaknesses along with telling a story like it does in AoE2

2 Likes

I hope they add howitzer as new artillery unit in future

1 Like

That already exists (it’s the name of the unit that’s the Mortar upgrade).

1 Like

yes I would like to see Morocco to be added in the game along with Korea (Joseon), Persia (Safavid Empire), Afghanistan (Durrani Empire).

1 Like

Yes, maybe they will put them in at some point…

What native, outlaw, or mercenary allies might Persian have in the city as cards that make sense?

Bro this thread is 2 years old.

1 Like

There’s probably quite a few ‘auxiliary’ forces Persians could use as Mercs/Outlaws/Natives.

There were many Qezelbāš Turkmen which often filled the role of light cavalry, many African tribesmen as swordsmen or Jezzails (muskets) and Arabs in many roles including light infantry (possibly a good hand shock infantry with swords too). There’s actually a huge amount of merc choice on top of a huge roster of potential ‘standard’ units (the Persian army was really rather impressive)>

2 Likes

Yes, maybe they will put them in at some point…

Well i mentioned about them in my topic but Afghans are very important beside some units from Caucasus like Georgians - Armenians - Circassians - …

My hope about receiving new DLC civs in AOE III DE is dying but i really wish to see at least one more DLC for this great game

3 Likes

Afghans should definitely be their own civ imo, they are very up there with Persia in terms of viability and ease of research. People probably are just underestimating them due to certain… events over the past two decades.

I do have a master list of historical Persian mercenaries written down somewhere, may get to it later in the evening.

3 Likes

This is a good starting point.

3 Likes

Very interesting thanks :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

I definitely want to see some Circassian mercenaries. They could be a good skirmisher or counter-skirmisher mercenary. They even have pockets for ammunition built into their traditional dress.

3 Likes

My dream is Caucasian Minor Civilizations. The problem is that there are so many nations in such a small area - it’s hard to make so many Minor Civilizations when the number of potential Caucasian maps is limited.

Georgians and Armenians could be represented with a Caucasian Orthodox Monastery - that would be bad, but better than nothing (it’s unlikely we’d get both Georgians, Armenians and others at the same time).

The other nations of the Caucasus professed Islam. While I don’t think Holy Sites are good for representing nations, I find it hard to reconcile both good representation of nations with the limitations of the game (number of maps that Minor Civilizations could appear on). Dagestanis, Circassians, Chechens and other Islamic nations of the Caucasus could probably be represented most simply by some Islamic Caucasian Monastery - yes, I know it’s very far-fetched, but it’s really hard to do otherwise.

Unfortunately, both of these Minor Civilizations would be Holy Sites, but they could be made as non-religious as possible - this means that these Minor Civilizations have as many as 3 Unique Units that were used by the peoples of the Caucasus.

1 Like

Of course, the Middle East maps along with the Caucasus maps could have their own pool of Mercenaries and Outlaws - making the representation of the peoples of the Caucasus even more accurate.

1 Like

Armenians and Kurds would be the only options that are widespread enough for a minor civ. They were all over the place before Turkey genocided them.

1 Like

I can’t wait to see the new Middle Eastern civilization, and I hope we can get the Persian DLC this year

5 Likes