Persia civ suggestion

There’s been no official mention of a Middle Eastern civ nor a Persian DLC this year (or any date!), however that would be fantastic wouldn’t it?

3 Likes

It may be the dlc that comes out soon (June or July)…

1 Like

I think we only get a DLC once Retold has launched.

Last month in Persian gulf day i saw an interesting video about Persian - Portuguese wars but unfortunately video’s language was Persian so i didn’t share it here . But let me share some of its screenshots now :

Also the Persian general in the pictures is Imam Quli Khan :

Imam Quli Khan’s statue in Qeshm island :

Hope you all enjoy it & i hope we see good updates with good DLC contents for AOE III DE (Persia - Brazil - Korea - …) in near future :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Na, I think they can release a dlc before October (Retold launch)…

Yes, let’s hope they do…

Good news, for lovers of a potential Persian civilization!

The mod does not belong to me (I am not its creator), I just wanted to share it with fans of the persian empire. :smile:

Considering the current situation of the game and the lack of developers, I think this is the only chance to see the Persian civilization added.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing my friend :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

Cool. It even has the Qizilbash. I knew I wasn’t the only one with this opinion :rofl::rofl:

Hopefully this is not the case. I refuse to give up hope

3 Likes

I would like to think that Persia is in the mind of the Devs - it’s clearly the most popular suggestion over all and I think it’s a common thought that Italy and Malta were civs made with ‘headstart’ so to speak (some artwork, assets and initial unit/civ notes), though certainly not a snub - in fact all potential Euro civs have the groundwork done.

Basically I think it’s one of the top choices for a whole new ‘from the ground up’ civ.

Here’s a question:
As Persia is a (Southwestern) Asian civ, and one would assume it would go with a Wonder age-up mechanic like the other Asian Civs, what do you think they could be?

2 Likes

Tbh though qizilbash is better than war elephant as the unit of Sufi natives, it’s still too specific to fit in a lot of regions outside middle east or central asia.
It had better be a Persian unique unit.
For the natives I can think of a few options:

• The best move is to add more Islamic natives with their own uniqueness. Don’t throw in a Sufi mosque whenever you need an Islamic native.
  • If that is not going to happen, change Qizilbash to something more generic.
5 Likes

I think Persia is by far the strongest civ candidate for the game. It was historically important, it is well-known (it’s also present in other games from the series), it’s well documented, it is from a region of the world that is still barely covered by the game and it can also be as unique as the devs want it to be (including new mechanics, architecture, etc.).
It simply has it all.

Sincerely, I hope they come up with something different. Maybe some unique mechanics that can be used for more new Islamic civs like Omani, Uzbeks and others.

2 Likes

I would say these 5…

That’s true…

3 Likes

Is it really required that all or most of the Wonders should be Mosques? I was thinking Universities, Famous Large Markets along the silk road and Law/Administrative associated buildings. Holy Places are often to looked into.

4 Likes

Well of course not
I mentioned some palaces - citadels - and even some old & famous safavid bridges but my knowledge is not enough to select the best old buildings of Persia for AOE III DE
But this civilization is islamic & i think 100% one of its wonders will be mosque
I saw many safavid Caravanserais when i went to Isfahan but they were not really popular
Devs even can select some Afsharid & Qajar eras buildings as wonders too for example Sun Palace

Famous bridges :

1 Like

I think it should have an entirely different age-up system from the Asian civilizations.

If we absolutely have to have wonders, only one or two should be mosques, whereas the rest should be forts, palaces, and universities. It would be cool to see a return for the Ulugh Beg Observatory.

7 Likes

Not necessarily, it can be palaces too…

That’s fine with me…

Something like this :

1 Like

Samarkand wasn’t controlled by the Persians (only briefly captured by Nader Sha) , so I don’t think that would be a valid wonder for them.
It should only be available for a hypothetical Uzbek civ.

But I agree with the rest of your post.

1 Like

I’d include at least one Grand Bazaar among the wonders.

3 Likes

Sure…

Exactly…

That’s fine with me…