Persia civ suggestion

We just need to badger them on social media we want more content. I do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think Twitter is the answer :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s where I go.

The more people let them know this game still has more to add the better. We want more!

2 Likes

Now perhaps if the Persians gets added, the Middle Eastern building set would most certainly be introduced and it would be given to the Ottomans and Persians. A common Camel soldier would also be introduced and also be given to the Ottomans and Persians as well.

2 Likes

Add Omani too, and you would have 3 civs for a good Middle Eastern building set.

Then it would be a question of adding a proper Asiatic navy to the Persians, Omani and indians.
Something like:

-Dhow (small ship like Caravel)
-Gallivat (training ship like Galleon)
-Ghurab (like Frigate)

Ottomans did not really use Camels that much.

3 Likes

Persian army used camels in great numbers due to the ruggedness of the Iranian plateau which made typical transportations problematic.

1 Like

The Persians would add a lot of beauty and variety to the game. Not to mention the rivalry with Ottomans, Portuguese, Russians, Indians and in the end, British. If we had timurids Mongolians as natives, allied with the Persians, we would see in the game something very similar to the empire of TamerlĂŁo, which would complete a very important political scenario at the time of the conquests.

3 Likes

Tamerlane was in the Middle Ages, any Persia for AoE3 would be post-Tamerlane.

4 Likes

Aw radical! I see someone did a ton more research then I did. Though I think they should be called Iran, rather than Persia, since the Ottomans were rightfully called the Ottomans, rather than the Turks in AOE3.

I see a ton of Qajar style units, which surprised me since I was just thinking mainly the Safavids, which was my fault.

1 Like

Aw yeah, see, you fleshed it out even more. This is totally a workable civilization to throw in the game!

Also, still can’t believe we have no European maps. They could totally throw in a few, like Balkans, Bosporus Straits, New Russia (that area in between Ukraine and the Caucus mountains, be a good flat land civ).

They could add the Crimean Tatars as a native ally, could do that with a few actually
this has me brainstorming again.

5 Likes

In the case of Tatars, I would love to see Tatars civ.

Cavalry Archer should be a Unique Unit for them. In place of this unit, the Russians and Ottomans would receive new UU.

Mongolian units that use Chinese civs (Steppe Rider and Keshik) should also become the UU of this new civ. Chinese civ would gain three completely new Unique Units this way.

This civ could represent the North and Central Asian nomads. After all, Turks and Mongols created common empires. It would have Mongolian and Tatar units. The name for this Turco-Mongol civ could be Khans (I know that this name is based on the title of the ruler, but we already have strange civs names in this game, e.g. United States and Ottomans - the name of the dynasty ruling in the Ottoman Empire).

This could be the fourth civ in the Asian DLC - alongside the Persians civ, Siamese civ and Omani (Arabs) civ.

2 Likes

New civs in Asian DLC:

Persians civ

obraz

Khans civ

Siamese civ

obraz

Arabs civ

1 Like

I wanna see this:

African DLC
Ethiopians
Zulus
Hausa

Islam DLC
Moroccans
Omani
Persians

Asian DLC
Siamese
Burmese
Indonesians/Vietnamese/Koreans

European DLC
Poles
Danes
Italians

Indian Subcontinent DLC
Marathas
Sikhs
Afghans

Native DLC
Maori
Mapuche
Apache

9 Likes

I hope they will appear in the African DLC. The African DLC should be a minimum of 4 civs (for fairness against other non-European civs). My dream would be 4 civs in DLC + 2 civs in free update. Back then, the number of African civs would be similar to non-European civs after potential new DLCs.

2 Likes

They won’t add more civs than 3.

1 Like

I hope they will add.

Besides, they will want to present Africa in the best possible way. You know what’s going on :wink:

2 Likes

We all know and would love to see Zulu in AoE 3, but I think a better civ would be:

The Zulus were part of this kingdom. I think Mutapa would be an interesting civ, and the Zulu would be represented by Unique Units. The Zulu could also be a Minor Nation on South African maps.

Mutapa had very strong ties to Portugal. This civ could have Home City Cards sending Portuguese Units. As Mutapa was not a gunpowder, Portuguese Units would be useful. This Charter could follow the “Portuguese Expeditionary Force” Card. After using it, Mutapa civ could train Cassadores in her Barracks.

Not worthy as a civ in aoe3, because it was dominated soon after the Spanish arrived in the 1500s. Their Golden Ages was between 1400-1500 and their precedessor was the Kingdom of Zimbabwe which was a famous Medieval Kingdom in South Africa.

Your Persian flag is a bit weird or maybe even wrong because white part of it is much bigger than green & red parts

I think we only have 2 suitable arab civilizations for AOE III DE : Morroco & Omani , right ? :thinking:

It is a umbrella civ ? I never see it’s flag before

1 Like

Ethiopians & Hansa are 100% coming , about 3rd African civ I think it will be one these civilizations : Somalia - Zulu - Morocco

1 Like