Persia civ suggestion

personally i dont really see the Zulus, not because they aren’t historically important but because they just scream 1 dimensional, the Zulus primary weapon by far was spear and shield soldiers with only very modest support teams.

3 Likes

USA got added, so Zulus fit the timeline perfectly.

2 Likes

I mean Zulu as a people existed before Shaka Zulu formed the Zulu Kingdom so they make more sense than USA who is a successor civ.

5 Likes

Yes my friend it’s true
Falak ol aflak castle was built during the sassanid era :sweat_smile: , so I changed the 10th Persian wonder to Karim Khan Citadel in my topic . Thanks for your suggestion👍🏻

2 Likes
1 Like

Timelines don’t work that way. Two wrongs don’t make a right. If FE went off the deep end and added the Soviet Union tomorrow, you shouldn’t tell yourself, “Oh well, Soviet Union has changed the timeline so they might as well add communist China”

1 Like

But the Zulu is a better fit than USA for the reasons i posted above. I agree that the addition of USA was a bad move simply because it’s not a people group but basically British 2.0 with Immigrants from other Euro civs already in the game plus the whole revolution option makes it redundant.

5 Likes

But I do recommend that because the camels are in Turkey. Look at Ethiopians in AoE2, even though Ethiopians historically didn’t use Camels in military combat, they still have access to Camels because Camels are in Africa but those are just my personal views about how I feel about the Camel soldier situation in regards to the Ottomans. Feel free to disagree.

Ok what kind of camels you want for ottomans ? (Melee weapon camel or ranged camel (zamburak) ?)
And why you want to give them camels ?
They had strong spahi cavalry in reality, I never saw ottomans using camels as their cavalry anywhere in large numbers (in pictures - movies - games …)

1 Like

Tricolour flag designed by Amir Kabir, State flag 1848–1852

I called Omani civ Arabs. Now do you understand?

I explained it …
Umbrella civ for the Turkish and Mongolian peoples who were nomads.

The flag that I present is the flag of the Golden Horde.

1 Like

I definitely agree with you. The Zulu were very important to the story, but they would be a better Minor Nation than a civilization in AoE 3.

The best civ from South Africa might be Mutapa - South Africa’s largest empire. The Zulu have been part of this empire for many years.

2 Likes

Camels were used by Arabs who were conquered by the Ottomans.

1 Like

Aw yes its true
I forgot to mention these Persian flags , some of them are beautiful :

Oh yes sir :sweat_smile:

:+1:t2::ok_hand:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

I only mentioned Persian naval flag in the topic

Not Modern Empire

As for the Persian flag, I like this one the most:

Unfortunately, it is very similar to the flag of Indians civ. Hence, I proposed another of my favorite Persia flags - three-colored.

What do you think of a different flag for civ Indians? For example such:

I think this flag would better represent the Indian civ than the current one.

1 Like

But could Zulu be made into a diversified civ?

I think the Zulu could be one of the most interesting Minor Nation, but if they were a full civ they would be the least varied civ in this game - only the architecture would be completely unique, all units would look alike.

obraz

In this civ all units would look identical. Only the weapons used would differ. So I think Zulu should be in this game (definitely), not as a civ, but as a Minor Nation.

Kingdom of Mutapa (Mwene we Mutapa): 1430–1760

2 Likes

Yes green flag with lion & sun is the flag of safavid Persia and its similar to Mughal flag of India. (Mughal flag includes stars too)
So I prefer Qajar persia’s flags for possible Persian civilization in future , especially first Qajar flag :
1st Qajar Persia’s flag

2nd Qajar Persia’s flag

Well India has many beautiful flags too but I’m 100% sure they will not change the Mughal flag

1 Like

The Indians in the game are almost 100% the Mughals too, so I do not think they will change the flag either.

The Qajar flag for Persians would be cool, it is very distinct from the Mughals one already, and the Qajars were also an important dynasty, so even if most units and Wonders would be Saffavid and Afsharid (as they are the ones everyone keeps suggesting) then the Qajars could at least get the Flag and a few cards.

1 Like

You said you like the flag of Nader Shah too , I think Yes it’s beautiful :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like