Please, stop locking stuff other than profile images behind timed events

The other thing I don’t like is that you have a maximum amount you can unlock per day.

I understand they obviously want you to play the game on multiple days during the event, which is probably at worst just a shallow boost to the number of players during the event and at best maybe a big boost to the multiplayer (even though you can usually unlock these things in single player).

Basically though it’s punishing players that can’t commit to turning on the game regularly during the event, even if they would play the same amount of time in one sitting than they would if it was spread out.

If you need five days to unlock the rest of the stuff and there’s only four or less days in the event, you’re going to miss stuff and you can’t do anything about it, and you can’t even decide which stuff you miss out on. I think this event the ‘tech tech free’ cheat was the last unlock so that’s the one most people will miss out on.

If anything near the end of the event, if you originally needed x days to unlock the content, then x (or x-1) days from the end of the event they should just waive the timers, and make everything unlockable in one day. Otherwise you’re basically acknowledging that you’re fine with annoying the playerbase that are going to miss out.

5 Likes