[Poll] Are you optimistic about the future of the game and do you think you are being listened to?

Do you remember what the game was like before 2017? There was no promise that it would even be remastered. The game received its last official patch in 2010, and it was kept alive by the ESO-C community along with some very loyal mods and players.

Despite the mistakes you mention, the remaster far exceeded my expectations:

Reworked cinematics.
Improved graphics. (Although they were already magnificent in themselves)
2 new opening civilizations.
Music and sound in general remastered.
Constant technical support and dedicated forums.
Significantly improved AI.
An expansion (Age of Empires III: DE The African Royals) plus 2 minor DLC. (Mexico and USA)
Tutorials for new players (the art of war)
Rework on revs and some new units.

Surely many more things are improved with respect to the previous game that I have overlooked, but it is certain that there is dedication.

I think the biggest problem was some changes due to political correctness, but you can’t blame anyone directly because that’s how the world works now. (changes in the campaigns and in 2 civilizations of America).

If they fix the way these civs get coins in a way that makes sense, the game will be perfect for me: Possible New plot solution on obtaining Lakota and Haudenosaunee coins
Please Fix the “Fur Trade Mechanic”
A better way to get coin for Lakota/Haudenosaunee (and giving coin mines a new purpose)

Many of the complaints and negative reviews I read on steam were for this reason.

7 Likes