[poll] Cosmetic DLC

Considering the number of civilisations that would be a little much.

Please stop immediately shot “Total War” if anyone ever want’s something to be a little more realistic.

AoE4 has unique skins for every civilisation but that doesn’t make it anywhere like Total War.

2 Likes

This is a paradox. Estimating the content offered by just one new civ from some DLC for AoE 3 and comparing it to the entire DLC for AoE 2, it comes out that:

• AoE 2 wins over AoE 3 in terms of campaign - because in each DLC it gets a completely new one and AoE 3 does not
  • But in terms of other things, AoE 3 definitely wins - individual architectural styles for non-European civs, lots of new: units, maps, Minor Civilizations and many many other things

Speaking objectively, if it wasn’t for the campaigns in DLCs for AoE 2, I would say that the prices of DLCs for AoE 2 are too high. Creating new civs for AoE 2 in terms of novelty is just creating 1-2 Unique Units and Technologies, making an icon, civ theme and Castle and Wonder models - and that’s literally all, because figuring out what a tech tree should look like and coming up with bonuses for a new civ is nothing new and nothing requiring much effort. I’m sure someone will call me an AoE 2 hater, but I really love this game. I’m just stating the facts that AoE 3 is definitely better in terms of being able to further develop and introduce new features - and also in terms of introducing completely new civs.

3 Likes

sure?
Lets just be polite and ask the last 5-6 persons that replied here :smiley:

Don’t you agree with me saying that the regional skins are already in the game in a way or another (editor mode just) and they have to be implemented all the way instead of just part of them?

3 Likes

So if there are those 3 people out 46 that replied here, saying that they don’t want changes, you automatically presume that me and 42 that say the same thing, are blind and what we say is wrong?
(excepting the fact that we can’t be wrong since we brought pictures as proof that those skins exist)

And yea you insulted us then edited the post :slight_smile: I have print screened it.

If you are too lazy to read above, I see many and many arguments against yours. Even someone said above the poll has ~200 players, and this game can reach 15k players so it is merely 1-2% that agree with you. :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. I only talk about this pool, not about the rest because I don’t like to talk about numbers we don’t know.
    So that’s not an argument since I never talked about the people outside of the pool.

2. So the fact that this pool has 200 players it means that automatically everybody outside this pool is against it, that’s what you say? :smiley: based on what?

3. What I said is that regional skins exist in the game one way or another (editor mode) and if you were not lazy to read, you could see another 42 people saying the same thing and bringing proofs as photo attachments. How can you disagree on something that has photo proof?

So 43 out of 46 that replied here (cuz I talked just about them) is 1-2% and I’m stupid and blind for not understand this…ok.

So you don’t even realize your own mistake or too proud to admit it? 200 players in this poll out of 15000 players :smiley:

3 Likes

Who ever said anything about the 15 000? How can I mistake on something I never mentioned?
Read again above please :slight_smile: I think that there are some english issues.

Why can’t you count? You also mentioned these people and say 43/46

I only see 6 tagged, name the remaining 37 please :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As expected, you couldn’t name the remaining 37 :smiley:

43/46 is also not 99%… :slight_smile:

You have not answered my question yet, of the 6 people you tagged, show the post where they “agreed” with you. Or maybe they will see this and post it after :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can start from my reply:
the regional skins are already in the game in a way or another (editor mode) and they have to be implemented all the way instead of just part of them

And then start reading comments and see who is agreeing with what I said and who not.
Simple as that.

I recently came across this Reddit post with possible designs for middle eastern unit skins (credit to Gaudio590):

This is exactly how I’d like regional skins to be designed, with unit recognition taken into consideration. I particularly like the Cavalier and Paladin caparisons, which keep similar ratios or white and team colour, but with middle eastern style designs. (I think the Monk could just use the current Imam graphics, though.)

Edit: added an image so you don’t have to click on the link to see them.

14 Likes

Thats not bad, at first glance I couldn’t even tell the paladin has changed.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure if this is a good or bad thing…

1 Like

That’s a good take on middle eastern regionals!

2 Likes

Middle East shouldn’t even have Paladin, even Cavalier seems weird. But they would also have to consider full tech tree game mode.

Persians have paladin.

1 Like

MuslimKnight

Based on what source?

3 Likes