[Poll/discussion] Should French be split into New France and France

That is a point, the French villagers are designed that way to reflect trappers in Canada

3 Likes

That’s the only good thing the French have done tho. I already know they have

The Ojibwe and Odawa peoples that the French worked with after the fall of Huronia would make for a cool civ.

The Coureur des Bois being the sole villager pretty much guarantees that at least 40% of your population in a long game will be native born Canadiens. Many of the musketeers and skirmishers could reasonably be Canadian born as well. That’s pretty good representation of New France.

2 Likes

It would just be cool to have more techs related to the French colonies. And replace the Napoleonic stuff.

For example to does France have anything like the New France “la petite guerre” in game?

Actually most until 1700s were imported

Isn’t that the whole game? You start as a French colony with Courrier des Bois and a Native Scout. Then you build a colony and fight a small scale war. Other than a few more cards specific to New France, I’m not sure what more you could want.

Your reply makes no sense.
“Split into A and B”
“But it’s already B”
Yes then add A.

1 Like

Ok usually I’m always for introducing new civs and eventual split of existing ones, but if I have to be onest, I don’t see enough reasons in this case.

Now correct me if I understand it wrong, but your argument is that the new France isn’t represented enough by France (only the couriers, the native explorer and native allies). The problem is, that for how aoe3 civs are made, they regroup various aspects of a cultures through the centuries and mix in more aspects of different states and colonies together through the centuries in one big civ.

This happens for all civs, look at Germany, that a lot of people want to split between Prussia and Austria/HRE.

So, in my opinion you should instead propose new changes to the civ so to better represent the new France in the already existing France.

Anyway, don’t let me or others stop you, if you think that the split should be a thing, then do it. Research historical arguments to justify the split and create a design for the new France and old France.

1 Like

That’s true… good point…Brazil was also an empire, like Mexico and Haiti…

A lot of trouble,that the French republic is a French revolution proper…

In fact with the campaigns the game reached until 1876 (post-XIX century), so Napoleon is not bad at all…

No this is a specific war tactic that they learnt from the Indians. I will post a link so you can read about it soon

http://www.journal.forces.gc.ca/vo11/no4/doc/Page%2048%20Ouellet%20Article%20English.pdf

Just use French skirmishers if you want to replicate the feel of Canadians hiding out in the trees and picking off grouped redcoats, a la Braddock’s Defeat.

I am writing up a list of proposed reworks for French civ rn, I have it covered :wink:

2 Likes
2 Likes

I would like to see Canada.

1 Like

Sure, that’s a good point…

Of course, since the AIs are based on their historical personalities, you would have to readjust Napoleon’s AI to act like Louis XIV’s…

Definitive Edition in that it is the “definitive” version of the game (in graphics and content), but I do understand your point…