[Poll] Should the Brazil server be removed from ranked matchmaking?

Just making a poll on this, as it’s a hot topic right now.

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
  • Don’t know
  • Prefer not to say

0 voters

1 Like

It should be the most obvious solution. If they cant fix the brazil servers for whatever reason, then just remove them until they are. Its not that South America is the hotshpot for AoE2 and even then they can easiely play on US servers. But Europe, India, Asia always playing on bad brazil servers is unacceptable and makes me not playing the game anymore.

4 Likes

Deleting the Brasil server dont solve any issue. The issue is not the Brasil server. That server is just fine. The issue is the algorithm behind picking a server. It just use Brasil too much. If you delete the Brasil server, it just change to another server. The result? Everyone will mock at the new server that will be picked too frequently.

The devs needs to fix this server pick algorithm to fix this issue. In the end team games that are now played at the Brasil server for no reason at all, will be played at a much more logical server. That is the fix we need for this issue.

The devs also introduced some new kind of lag with the new patch. This seems to me really unrelated to above problem and happened at all server. I heard rumors it is due to some anti cheat mechanic. This mechanic is not only anti cheat, but also results in lag. The devs have already heard the numerous complaints about the lag they introduced in the latest patch, so they devs will work on this. I am sure about this. Blaming the Brasil server for this lag is also wrong. This kind of lag happens at all servers. I even heard complaints about this kind of lag in single player!

6 Likes

As a Brazilian, i feel really insulted by that post. But instead of senseless whining, i shall try to contribute with a possible solution.

Wouldn’t it be a more reasonable solution to hardcore the servers you would be playing at, based on your location? geolocation based on IP is a thing. Hardcode it to pick the closest server based on straight line distance, not ping/capacity and booom you have “possibly better” matches. Perhaps even getting the average closest server based on distance for all players on a game, if some live on EU and others in Asia. If all players live on the nOrtH HemIsPhere, then Brazilians servers shall never be chosen in this method.

(of course, instead of you having the “lowest ping server bug”, you have the “closest server which is not guaranteed to be efficient” problem. It also raises the question: are servers geologically distributed in a way to guarantee that this method works?)

4 Likes

Yes obviously making that system is the best solution but it WONT HAPPEN. They dont fix it cause its too much work so the most realistic scenario is to remove them until the issue is fixed by itself.
Or only let brazil players be able to play on them if there are that many. If not you have to play on US server most of the time anyway.

So, your solution is overloading the US servers with more players? ironnnyy Anyway, a checkbox where you could select the servers you want to play could be even easier than shutdowns/geolocation. I’m aware lots of games do it today — I think it is Dota, where you can select North American, South American, etc. servers? In this way everyone is happy, the only downside being possibly longer waiting times.

Considering implementation times, it shouldn’t take longer than a week. Map ban but in servers, put the network developer intern to do it. Shutting down according to amount of players is kinda of an problem — manual shutdown & restart of an server is a bit too extreme as a fix, and requires to many manual confirmation input.

1 Like

If they manage to do this sure, seems very simple but as you can see nothing is being done, not even aknowladged yet. I just want a FAST solution because brazil server games are ruined 90% of time.

They just need to have a look at the algorithm behind picking a server. Something in the code seems to be messed up. If they found the issue, fixing it is probably easy.

I think it is something like what they did with elo in team games in the match making. For one team they picked the average rating and compared this to the sum of the other team and then tried to get both around equal. Just changing a sum to average or the other way around and it is fixed (maybe just a little bit more). I really think it is something like this with picking servers, why most game are played on Brasil, while it wasnt the best server to use.

Another day, still no fix insight. 4/4 games today already on brazil servers only. Terrible delay and drops. Implement an option to pick a server ASAP or remove brazil servers temporarily. If this continues to go on the game will lose a lot of its members soon.
Nobody wants to play if half the games you get drops cause brazil servers are bad, and the other half you play like back in 2005 with terrible ms.

This issue already exist at release. Dont expect any hotfix for this.

Currently the main issue for lag is something else, something that happens on most servers:

I do expect a hotfix for this issue. After solving this issue, most lag will be gone.

Please stop pushing this crap. Brasil server isnt bad. You distance to Brasil is far, so your ping is high. Therefore you have lag. If you have lower ping at Brasil server, like players in Brasil, then you will notice nothing at the server.

What is wrong is that the game picks Brasil, while it is clearly not optimal. So, what is bad? It is the algorithm to pick a server. Can you please state this correctly? Your current statement is clearly false.

So i hope that the devs will look into this algorithm and patch it, so it is able to pick the best server.

2 Likes

There is a hotfix for the main lag issue. And the devs also said they look into the brasil issue.

Great way to handle criticism by reporting my post for inappropiate. Very grown up from you whoever it was. Maybe rather bring more attention to this problem then falsly reporting others on the forums so the problem gets actually fixed.

1 Like

For everyone having issues with brazil server, check this out. Team asking for help to understand/solve the issue.

1 Like

So, if u want some easy solution for ur problem, i have one. Instead of deleting a server for u, what about just you try to stop playing the game?
Would be better for evereyone.

4 Likes

Argentina and Brazil are among the Top 10 countries in number of active players… both of them have more players than any other Asian country btw.

4 Likes

So instead of both partys playing on US server with similar ping you rather want all of the europeans/indians/asians to play with incredible bad ping and disconnects/freezes on that server region?
Looks very selfish to me. If all players in team games are affected by this the problem must be fixed and if the only solution temporarily is to delete it then yes. Or are you to special to play on US server? 100 ping too much for you? Well guess what everybody else not from your region plays with 200-400+ ping.
Im sure you would complain if 90% of your games were on EU/Asia and you would have to play with such a bad ping. Or why would you defend your server so much if ping isnt a problem for you?

So players from all regions have to suffer now because you dont want to play on us server with 100 ping? Selfish indeed.

The issue is clear for the devs. The devs are looking into it. You can even help the devs with solving the issue by helping them to get the data. See the following post:

You already must now this and i assume you are helping the devs with giving them some data, isnt it?

Why isnt not enough for you that the devs are looking in the real issue? Isnt that the real issue? They are trying to fix the real issue. So please stop with your crying.

1 Like

I have already provided the feedback and help they need. Doesn’t change the fact that this mentality is wrong letting all other players suffer cause you are too important to play on US server where most members have a much better experience rather than all having bad one, just so brazils can have their 40 ms whatever in their region.

We can be lucky the devs are now looking into this and trying to fix it. But if they cant fix it for whatever reason, the next proper solution is to temp remove it and let them play on US server. Im still from europe btw and the connection goes over the atlantic ocean. Still thats 10x better than brazil server connection.

As opposed to the completely altruistic idea that a a large chunk of this game’s playerbase should have their server annihilated because of a bug in the algorithm?

1 Like